Code of Conduct

Thread: Wazamba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question Wazamba.

Since dark and incense laced fragrances with wood are my thing I ask those who have Wazamba; Is Wazamba all of the aforesaid and more?, or not?
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 28th December 2009 at 06:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wazamba.

I have a sample, N_Tesla, so I've annointed myself. When I wore this the other day I was a bit distracted by the fruit note, which this time doesn't strike me as obtrusive. But the fruit--apple?--does keep Wazamba from being dark in any straight-forward way. The incense/fruit accord here reminds me quite a bit of the incense/mandarin/rose accord in Tauer's Incense Rose. There is some dark myrrh in Wazamba but the dominent impression is of 'white smoke' incense--much airier and cleaner feeling than, say, Avignon. As far as woods, the pine is great in the opening: front and center and very satisfyingly pitchy and dark/green. It recedes a bit over the first few minutes and is joined by cedar but doesn't approach pencil shavings levels of cedar. I stand by the Incense Rose dark/bright comparison, although neither the fruit nor the cedar in Wazamba is nearly as bright as in Incense Rose. Be interested to hear your take on this stuff if you decide to sample it.
    I'd say you'd find this worth a try, esp if you were interested in

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just really getting into incense, yet I feel I'm not a "true" incense lover. I'm more in the vain of how JockWithScents likes his vetiver scents (i.e. not vetiver prominent ). I can't take incense scents when the incense is front and center and has that raw musty quality that it can sometimes have. For example, Zagorsk is a prime offender, and while I much preferred the incense in Kyoto it was too alone and too singular without enough supporting notes for me to feel comfortable wearing. So I hesitate to offer my opinion when it comes to incense because I don't know if I'm really a hardcore incense lover, while many asking for assistance may be, I far prefer the incense of Guerlain Bois d'Armenie than to that of Zagorsk. All of that being said of the two pine/incense scents to come out this year I found Wazamba to not align with my tastes. Oh sure it's well made, but the incense I found was too dry for my tastes, and the fruit notes that I would have loved to have been stronger were not, it does remind me of an incense in line with Jubilation XXV. I preferred Fille en Aguilles because it placed more emphasis on the pine and used the incense as a supporting role, which I think lends itself to my tastes far better.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 28th December 2009 at 02:21 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

I like dark incense fragrances, too, and Wazamba is definitely not in that category. I found it to be very sweet. I wish I noticed more of the pine that some (in this thread, strollyourlobster) have mentioned, but I found it overwhelmed by a very sweet apple-like incense. This is not a dry, spicy apple like that found in Incensi, this one is highly sugared. I would say it leans toward the feminine side of unisex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I like dark incense fragrances, too, and Wazamba is definitely not in that category. I found it to be very sweet. I wish I noticed more of the pine that some (in this thread, strollyourlobster) have mentioned, but I found it overwhelmed by a very sweet apple-like incense. This is not a dry, spicy apple like that found in Incensi, this one is highly sugared. I would say it leans toward the feminine side of unisex.
    Really? Your description sounds amazing. I WISH I got all of that.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Really? Your description sounds amazing. I WISH I got all of that.
    It's funny how individual perceptions of scents can be. Maybe you should try it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    I have a sample, N_Tesla, so I've annointed myself. When I wore this the other day I was a bit distracted by the fruit note, which this time doesn't strike me as obtrusive. But the fruit--apple?--does keep Wazamba from being dark in any straight-forward way. The incense/fruit accord here reminds me quite a bit of the incense/mandarin/rose accord in Tauer's Incense Rose. There is some dark myrrh in Wazamba but the dominent impression is of 'white smoke' incense--much airier and cleaner feeling than, say, Avignon. As far as woods, the pine is great in the opening: front and center and very satisfyingly pitchy and dark/green. It recedes a bit over the first few minutes and is joined by cedar but doesn't approach pencil shavings levels of cedar. I stand by the Incense Rose dark/bright comparison, although neither the fruit nor the cedar in Wazamba is nearly as bright as in Incense Rose. Be interested to hear your take on this stuff if you decide to sample it.
    I'd say you'd find this worth a try, esp if you were interested in
    Have to agree you described it to a tea.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Since dark and incense laced fragrances with wood are my thing I ask those who have Wazamba; Is Wazamba all of the aforesaid?
    Yes