Code of Conduct

Default Recommend me a cologne based on what I have

Im a 16 year old teen and im looking for a good smelling cologne based on what I already have.

I have
    Guess Suede
    Diesel Plus Plus
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Versace Blue Jeans
    Adidas Victory League
    Paris Hilton Man(Blue swirly bottle)

I tend to like more of fruity scents. I also like citrus and aquatic colognes. I really liked Polo Black, but I hear longitivity sucks? How is the longitivity on that? Also how is ckin2u?
    And what else would you think I would like?
    Sorry if im asking alot..
    Thank you
    Last edited by Tenzo; 28th December 2009 at 08:32 PM.

Default Re: Recommend me a cologne based on what I have

I actually thought Guess Suede was baller when I tried it, but it lasted under 30 minutes on me which was quite disappointing. CK in2u, I thought was an interesting synthetic citrucy scent. I actually really really enjoyed it when I wore it but it's a strange one. To some it smells cheap and unpelasant. I found the overly synthetic nature of the scent well done. I'm by no means an expert.

Slightly cliche, but for a 16 year old I think you might want to give Issey Miyake's L'Eau d'Issey pour homme a shot. I wear it myself although I've become quite used to it and I don't like it quite as much anymore. Still it's stellar and quite the compliment getter.

If you're into citrusy scents but aren't afraid of a little feminine creamy edge try out Chanel allure homme sport. I have a bottle myself but once again I have some strange standard which it doesn't meet. Regardless, it's a very soft orange creamsicle scent that somehow still remains very masculine.

Based on what you already own and like, you would probably also like:

Versace Black Jeans
    Calvin Klein Obsession Night for Men
    Gucci Envy for Man
    Dior Fahrenheit 32
    L' Eau par Kenzo pour homme
    Rochas Man
    Trussardi Jeans
    Burberry Weekend
    Burberry London
    Boss Bottled
    Givenchy Very Irresistible
    Carolina Herrera 212 Men
    Azzaro Visit and Azzaro Bright Visit

First a question- How do you like the Paris Hilton scent, i hear it garners alot of complements?

I would recommend Diesel Fuel for life, and Carolina Herrera 212 Men You'd definetly like both of them, and they both get attention.

U seem to have fragrances a normal 16 year old would. I suggest u look into more masculine scents like YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme and Dunhill Edition to balance out your wardrobe. However, u might get complaints from your peers that you smell like an old man. That's one route to take but an albeit more risky one. If u want to play safe then you can stick to adding a couple fruitier/aquatic scents to your wardrobe. I suggest Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude, Versace Pour Homme and Clinique Happy for Men.

Polo Black's longevity ain't that bad. 5 sprays to chest and neck lasts me a good 6-8 hours maybe more.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Dependent

Hi Tenzo!

If you like fruity, CKin2U Him, smells a little like fruity soda in the opening, but the base is just a generic bland woodsy linger, not bad, just not that fantastic. Like Metalica77 mentioned, Fuel for Life is one you may want to sample, it feels like fruity candy to my nose. The ever popular Acqua di Gio Pour Homme and L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme are must-tries, they are popular for a very good reason.

I have to credit Ken_Russell for his suggestions as well.
    Last edited by MFJ; 28th December 2009 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Some great suggestions already, including a few I'm looking forward to trying out myself (like 212 Men and Boss Bottled)

I will concur with ken_russell on L'eau par Kenzo. It's one of the most youthful, fruity fragrances I have. Great stuff.

Some other fruity ones not yet mentioned are the DKNY Be Delicious line. Fruity openings with woody dry-downs. Pretty popular with the younger crowd. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue has a pretty nice citrus opening.

As already mentioned, the aquatics may be in your taste. If so, definitely check out the Versace Pour Homme and Bvlgari Aqva.

EDIT: I read a review of something the other day that described it as "similar to KC Reaction, but with better longevity". I'm really wishing now that I remembered what that was. I know someone else on here that loves Reaction but hates how quickly it fades. Anyone else have thoughts/ideas on that one?
    Last edited by Tarheel Golfer; 28th December 2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thgolfer View Post
    EDIT: I read a review of something the other day that described it as "similar to KC Reaction, but with better longevity". I'm really wishing now that I remembered what that was. I know someone else on here that loves Reaction but hates how quickly it fades. Anyone else have thoughts/ideas on that one?
    Found it. It was SirSlarty's description of Cool Water Game:
    "Excellent pear/apple/melon note on top and middle notes that suggest a different Cool Water altogether. Much like Kenneth Cole Reaction but lasts longer, has the classic Cool Water drydown and doesn't smell as synthetic."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalica77 View Post
    First a question- How do you like the Paris Hilton scent, i hear it garners alot of complements?

I would recommend Diesel Fuel for life, and Carolina Herrera 212 Men You'd definetly like both of them, and they both get attention.
    The Paris Hilton smells good. It gets me a couple of compliments(although that could be because its a bunch of high school girls), but of course when people ask me what im wearing im kinda embarressed to say what it is. Also the grapefruit note in it pretty strong and the longitivity on me is atleast 6-8 hours. But aside from all that, I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    U seem to have fragrances a normal 16 year old would. I suggest u look into more masculine scents like YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme and Dunhill Edition to balance out your wardrobe. However, u might get complaints from your peers that you smell like an old man. That's one route to take but an albeit more risky one. If u want to play safe then you can stick to adding a couple fruitier/aquatic scents to your wardrobe. I suggest Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude, Versace Pour Homme and Clinique Happy for Men.

Polo Black's longevity ain't that bad. 5 sprays to chest and neck lasts me a good 6-8 hours maybe more.
    6-8 hours from Polo Black isnt bad. I was initially going to go for that, but I heard the longitivity sucks so I decided not to get it. I might put it on my list again.

*Thanks for all the suggestions, if you guys have more im still open to them.
    I forgot to say that I like Citrus and Aquatic colognes too.
    Last edited by Tenzo; 28th December 2009 at 08:29 PM.

If you like fruity, you might try David Beckham Signature. It's got a sort of watermelon note to it that really pulls me in. I smelled it once at the department store and had to get it. Great summer scent. Also CK Eternity Summer has a sort of fruity melon note that is quite pleasant.

Oh, and if you want Polo Black, PM me. I'll give you an unbeatable price on my once-sprayed bottle. It smelled like rotting mangos to me . . . but if that's what you want . . .
    Last edited by Galleddrim; 28th December 2009 at 09:29 PM.
    Current Wardrobe (in no particular odor, HAHA!):

Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Silver Mountain Water, Creed Himalaya, Creed Tabarome, Aramis Havana, Bond No.9 Central Park, Trussardi Inside, Fahrenheit Absolute, Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme, Guerlain L'Instant Homme, David Beckham Signature, Cartier Declaration Essence, Azzaro Visit, Azzaro Silver-Black, Azzaro Pure Vetiver, Dunhill X-Centric, Perry Ellis Reserve, Armani Attitude, Armani Mania, Bvlgari Aqva, Jacomo Paradox Green, Canali Summer Night, Kouros Cologne Sport, Realm Men, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, St. Patrick, Cuba (Red, Green, Gold, Black, Grey, Brown, Maya), Opium Pour Homme EDP, Banana Republic Cordovan, Amouage Epic Man, J. Peterman 1902, Bogart City Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
    but of course when people ask me what im wearing im kinda embarressed to say what it is.
    Being a high schooler as well, I only tell people what fragrance I'm wearing if theyre a really close friend. Otherwise, they get either "don't worry about it" with a smile, or sarcastically "I wish I could tell you," which makes you come off as funny instead of weird and secretive. At our age people are still stuck on Fierce and AdG and I'd like to keep it that way as long as I can

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    Being a high schooler as well, I only tell people what fragrance I'm wearing if theyre a really close friend. Otherwise, they get either "don't worry about it" with a smile, or sarcastically "I wish I could tell you," which makes you come off as funny instead of weird and secretive. At our age people are still stuck on Fierce and AdG and I'd like to keep it that way as long as I can
    Actually yeah this is what I do. Only my close friends know what I wear.