Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Bulgari Jasmine Noir.

I am curious about your thoughts and opinions of this fragrance. I have seen a couple of male reviews claiming usage so, exploration is mandated. Looking into your crystal ball, is this in my future?

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Bulgari Jasmine Noir.

Oh Jasmin Noir - a very intoxicating ,nearly fully Jasmin fragrance / soliflore to me. This reminded me instantly of Hypnotic Poison minus the vanilla and almond. It is sultry and long lasting N_Tesla. The bottle is very gorgeous too.
    Reminds me of India ,the orient - that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 29th December 2009 at 02:22 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I like this quite a bit on myself; it's a smoky jasmine with hints of vanilla in the drydown. On a man? Hmmmm, I'll spritz DH tonight and report back!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

I tried to interest my wife in this one, because she likes Bulgari Pour Femme and I think the bottle is wonderful, and would love to give it to her. Alas, no dice. She has said no on three different sniffs. But I didn't really think of it for myself. Hmmmmmm. I need to check this one, too.

Test on DH completed. I found it surprising on him...his skin seems to 'macho-up' most scents and that's what happened here too. It was way smokier on him than on me and I loved it. The dry down was sweeter than I personally like on men, but I think if a man enjoys sweetness, this could definitely work. Need a sample???
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Taking advantage of this post... How does JN compare to, let's say, SL A la Nuit or Sarrasins?

I like it very much when I first tried it. I got a lot of jasmine and gardenia in it, and I liked the almond note. I liked it so well I bought a bottle for my mother at Christmas last year. When I tried it again recently, though, I found it a bit harsh and abrasive (the woods, I think). Maybe my nose was feeling sensitive that day.

Baldufita, JN cannot compare with A la Nuit or Sarrasins, in my opinion. Those two are truly perfection in jasmine terms. JN is not the same quality. It smells very nice on my mother, though, and JN has its fans.

Pheww... That makes my wallet safe... I'm a big jasmine fan and I have A la Nuit and a large decant of Sarrasins, and I was wondering whether I was needing Jasmine Noir too or not... :P

Agreeing with Lilybelle, I was overpowered by the harsh and artificial-smelling (to me) woods. If there was jasmine in this, it never fought its way out of the woods on me.

I find it sweet, sultry, not very jasminey at all, but it definitely has a certain allure. Though I hate Allure!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Institution

Funny what skin chemistry does- on me this is full on jasmine, jasmine jasmine and "oh hello 'woods note'- nice of you to pop out for a brief wave ! "- nothing much else. I prefer Hypnotic Poison - more interesting and addictive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Test on DH completed. I found it surprising on him...his skin seems to 'macho-up' most scents and that's what happened here too. It was way smokier on him than on me and I loved it. The dry down was sweeter than I personally like on men, but I think if a man enjoys sweetness, this could definitely work. Need a sample???
    Ooooooo! Smoky and sweet! Two things I do like, and jasmine is always a winner. N_Tesla? Better speak up or I'll offer to snag that sample....

(...actually, I love any excuse to visit the other side of Sephora, although I do get looks when I spritz up big. )

Blog Entries

Rednick Perfumisto; Sample soon to be on the way. I will give a full report when I test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Ooooooo! Smoky and sweet! Two things I do like, and jasmine is always a winner. N_Tesla? Better speak up or I'll offer to snag that sample....

(...actually, I love any excuse to visit the other side of Sephora, although I do get looks when I spritz up big. )

I don't own a bottle of this but I've spritzed it many times, trying to decide if I like it enough for a purchase. It's very pretty and soft, not what I initially thought it would be based on the name - there's nothing much 'noir' about it IMO. Name mismatch aside, it's a nice perfume - good for those that don't like their Jasmine too intense.

I didn't really get the connection to Hypnotic Poison (which is a fave of mine) but I'll look for that next time I try it out
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Basenotes Institution

I didn't smell any jasmine in this at all. I tested it when shadesofbleu was in town, and we were sniffing together. We both smelled it and looked sideways at each other, and said in unison, 'Where's the jasmine!?'

I was looking forward to sampling this one, but was disappointed. It seemed a bit weak on me, I liked the first burst of scent but then the whole thing sort of "collapsed." It reminded me of something I already own, maybe Le Baiser du Dragon? In any case it was a bit of a relief that I don't have to put it on my wish list!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I found some at a discount shop; I am considering it for my (male) self.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    I was looking forward to sampling this one, but was disappointed. It seemed a bit weak on me, I liked the first burst of scent but then the whole thing sort of "collapsed." It reminded me of something I already own, maybe Le Baiser du Dragon? In any case it was a bit of a relief that I don't have to put it on my wish list!
    Jasmin Noir, Le Baiser du Dragon and Hypnotic Poison are kind of related to my humble nose but Hypnotic Poison wins out for me . I will probably re test Le Baiser du Dragon at some point because when I first tested it is was a little messy to me and I really wanted to love it for the notes in it. Jasmin Noir is OK and I considered buying it duty free but I couldn't bring myself to do so .

Jasmin Noir is a very pretty jasmine, as I am a fan of jasmine notes. I don't like the undernote of some vanilla I detect in the Jasin Noir.

As result, I much prefer the lighter EDT of Voile de Jasmin by Bulgari.
    Last edited by Primrose; 2nd January 2010 at 06:34 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

The bottle is dropdead gorgeous, isn't it. I actually got my fiancee a small bottle since she likes the scent. But on her, the jasmine somehow smells stale and a little indolic. I've tried it on myself and the jasmine just blossoms on my skin and smells rich even to drydown. Weird.

I like Jasmin Noir better than SL A la Nuit but my 'jasmine' vote goes to Dior's Pure Poison.

there is something special about JN.
    it don't know if it is almond that i adore or just some crazy combination where it is very hard to point fingers in any note...
    i can say that people notice this perfume, that I find it pretty long lasting (specially on clothes haha) and that I have only several ml more and that it is not fair
    Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

Blog Entries

I tried Bulgari Jasmin Noir today and quite like it. It goes on the acquisition list and that bottle is a work of art. To me it is typically minimalistic of Bulgari and smoky.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 11th January 2010 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    I tried Bulgari Jasmin Noir today and quite like it. It goes on the acquisition list and that bottle is a work of art. To me it is typically minimalistic of Bulgari and smoky.
    I have a little purse EDP, which looks like a black glass 19th century medicine vial in a way, LOL! Shades of chloral hydrate and absinthe...

Yes, it is a deep, enjyable scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.