Jean - Claude Ellena ' s

TERRE D' HERMÈS, Eau de Toilette

Top Notes
    Grapefruit, Orange
    Middle Notes
    Pepper, Pelargonium
    Base Notes
    Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedar, Benzoin
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 29 December

I am going for An 180 Creation by Guerlain.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

Vintage Shalimar EDT from a mini. I feel a great big Shalimar kick coming on ...............

Have a very good new day everyone - hugs for all !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

L'Artisan Jour de Fête for packing my bags & preparing for a luvverly trip to Barça! Won't have much, if any, computer time, so have a great New Years everyone!
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Testing Borneo from Lutens the second day.

Musc Ravageur for me on a horrible grey cold day.

I am a house twin with veuve amiot in L'Artisan Parfumer Ambre Extreme. You are going where? To Barcelona? Have fun there, I always wanted to go on a trip there but it has never happened. Not yet.

Speaking about cold -- we are at -9 F as of now -- but this amber will keep me warm, I hope.

Have a nice day, all!

Cold, dark...
    It's winter, all right ;-)

Big hugs to you all- as I go to bake bread, make minestrone for eldest and his SO [ the poor boy has had all sorts of family angst, of late].

Elixir des Merveilles for bed last night; Coco to channel RHM in the tropics [ and youngest loves Coco's opulently Baroque nature] !

May the day be gentle ;-)

Miller Harris Terre d'Iris

Head: Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Rosemary, Clary Sage
    Heart: Orange Blossom, Turkish Rose, Florentine Iris
    Base: Patchouly, Oakmoss, Fir Balsam

With Love... Hilary Duff
    Wishlist is pointless.

Haven't decided yet....an amber maybe? Climb back into Beloved Son's Christmas gift? (EL Tuscany per Donna)

Tune in!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 29th December 2009 at 11:48 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Eau de Patou pour Homme
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Oh how awful it has been without internet! (I am still using a dial-up dongle and it's horrid compared to fibre-optic broadband. Which, by the way, we won't be able to get at all at our new - otherwise adorable - abode. ADSL will arrive sometime in January. In the meantime my forum postings will be sporadic!).

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will go on to have a fab New Year!

I'm working from home today, surrounded by flat-packed furniture that my husband is assembling, cardboard boxes and piles of perfumery books on the floor.

SotD is Eau de Shalimar; the one-star "horror" according to Turin, which I nevertheless enjoy wearing immensely. It does smell far more thin and synthetic than the real deal, but then again, even the real deal isn't quite what it used to be anyway. I may migrate to Shalimar proper tomorrow. As with mystic, once you feel a Shalimar-kick coming on...

Over Christmas, I wore Byzance. Its big, oriental, comforting spice-tinged nature was lovely, warm and nostalgic for me. Husband enjoyed it too. Again, sadly, it's now a thinner version of its original version, but still very nice.

I bought Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac for husband for Christmas. Mostly for my benefit, as it smells lovely on him.

Have some errands to run today with our little son; I really hope he's less whiny today. It's so hard to tolerate!! Will arm myself in Natori. After reading everyone's scents of late, I'm drawn to retry Samsara. It smells divine on a colleague...I wonder how I'll do in it?

Veuve: happy trails! Have a wonderful and restful time

Chaya: oh a lovely minestrone! Great idea! It's been ages since I've had that.

Have a great day everyone!

Culinary PS: I've been wanting to prepare a knock-your-socks-off trifle for New Year's Eve. I don't have any tried, tested and true recipes. Does anyone have anything fabulous to advise? Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by lovethescents; 29th December 2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Fresh Index Patchouli Pure. A light, bright patch which always puts me in a good mood.

Hugs to all!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

On this bitter cold day, I am wearing Ambre Russe.

The wonderful sexy & sweaty Le Labo Iris39 for me today....just warms me up and lasts all day into night. Perfection.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Thierry Mugler A*Men.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Helonial, Lavender, Peppermint
    Middle Notes: Coffee Bean, Tar, Patchouli
    Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Caramel, Chocolate, Musk

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Urgh. Lots of family angst here, too. Ah, Christmas! It's so good to be back in our nice, quiet, peaceful abode. I'm wearing Prada L'Eau Ambrée for the first time, a Christmas gift, and I'm really liking it. It reminds me a little of Dior Dune, a little of Obsession, but it's sheer and transparent and modern, and I even get an impression of that sweet/salty brininess of ambergris tincture, and a smidgeon of baby oil. It's salty, musky, and skin scenty. It makes me want to be on the beach. I hope everyone is well and getting ready for a good New Year.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

So happy we have green banners, national flags, wardrobe icons. There's no place like home. Poor Grant, he's probably going buggy.

Experimenting with ambient scent: Isabela Capeto and VIP Room are keeping me company, just not on my skin. I like encountering them at my desktop.

Take it easy, folks.
    Last edited by Quarry; 29th December 2009 at 02:41 PM.

Blog Entries

MPG - Iris Bleu Gris

Heartache inducing woody iris. I can't find notes for this one. Created by Jean LaPorte in 1988.
    Last edited by kumquat; 29th December 2009 at 04:25 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Merciful Zeus! One could get lost in that iris landscape, kumquat.

Basenotes Institution

Daphne Guinness by Comme des Garcons (first time from a sample - thank you ubuandibme)

One of the strangest and nicest white florals I've smelled in a while. I love it.

Blog Entries

Thanks, Quarry. This juice is so beautiful. I thought this painting was perfect. I can't find the notes but I think the secret ingredient is vetiver. It has a dry subtle quality that sneaks up on you when you have forgotten you are wearing it.

After several days of commercial perfumes, I'm taking my newest creation, Javanica, for a test-drive to see how it wears. It's a spicy floral inspired by the scent of the moth orchid, Phalaenopsis javanica. So far I'm loving it. I guess I should, since I made it.

Mysticknot, I just ordered a sample of the vintage Shalimar, and am looking forward to trying it!

Egoiste (Chanel)

Basenotes Plus

Veuve, bon voyage!
    Chayale, hugs to ((((I. and SO))))

Painfully cold here. Sotd is L'Eau d'Hiver

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Wow, things are getting back to BN normal, huh?

Nuka, nice to see you!

My glasses fell apart yesterday, so I spent some time this morning at the optometrist getting them fixed. The SECOND time they've broken, and they're pretty pricey to boot. Stopped me in my tracks at work, since I absolutely need them to read! Luckily, that's about the only thing I use them for.

Wearing Cristalle today, which seems just right to me despite the fact that I usually use this more in the Spring.

Big sloppy howdies to everyone!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I layered some Chanel No. 19 over AL Hong Kong Garden, and the result is No. 19 the way I remember it from the days of yore. Mmm. Mmm. Mmmmm.

Take care, all!

My daughter is sick, my washing mashine is broken, I have not slept well, BUT I bought a new fragrance (La Haie Fleurie - L'Artisan...) from a shop here in Athens and I am happy again!

I also tested Lyric- Men, Dia-Men,Tribute, Visa, the new Rosine (I don't remember the name), all very good, and Fleur Nocturn-Isabey which was perfect but I think over-priced... anyway, they only had one bottle, promised to another client.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post

I bought Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac for husband for Christmas. Mostly for my benefit, as it smells lovely on him.
    I want to buy it, too, for my husband!

Woah, new look!! Where have I been...?

Parfums de Nicolai Sacrebleu today.

Retesting El PC Jasmine White Moss - okay, a bit mossy for my liking, also Patou's Que Sais-Je. Slightly less boozy this time with purer peachy fruit, but still a candied, rumtopfy, vintage feel to it that isn't me. With apologies to my kind donor!

Also testing Amouage Dia again and realise that the one I thought was the women's one when I tested it had to have been the men's one - this is a soapy, aldehydic rose! The other was an offbeat herbally citrus of some kind...
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 29th December 2009 at 07:08 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Today I'm giving a test-drive to the new-ish Creed, Sublime Vanille.

It's nice, and the bottle is beautiful (and waaaaay bigger than the pictures make it look - no, I didn't buy it - just saw it at the store), but it's ridonkulously expensive. I'll just enjoy my little sample....

Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Tested By Kilian Cruel Intentions, Rancé Laetitia, Czech and Speake 88 and Bond No 9 Lexington Avenue. Kilian and Rancé were alright, quite nice but nothing I would splurge on, I think. 88 sadly was a scrubber on me. The one I liked best of the bunch was Lexington Avenue. True it smells like a child of Feminite du Bois and Un Bois Vanille, but it's a very pretty child indeed.

Have a great day, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I can't find the notes but I think the secret ingredient is vetiver. It has a dry subtle quality that sneaks up on you when you have forgotten you are wearing it.
    From "that" Estonian site:

Leafy greens, lemon, bergamot;
    Iris absolue, vanilla, jasmine;
    Moss, vetiver, musk.

I have not tried this one, but MPG Fleur d'Iris was too musky on me and it went to live at another BNer's.

West Side by Bond No.9
    Gary

Hello all! We are on a little getaway on the northern California coast. It's cool and rainy but so beautiful and SO fragrant! My SotD is Havana Vanille, which competes with the seaside smells but works very well for reading by the fire and looking out the window!

Baldufita, I see that you're wearing a favorite of mine. Lilybelle and Kumquat, your choices today sound particularly delectable! Wishing everyone a cozy evening!

Hello all my cold fragrant bunnies, keep warm...it's cold out there.

I spent today in Eau d'Hermès vintage and after i shower in a few moments, well i think i will spend the evening in it also.

Veuve, have a wonderful holiday

Chaya, love is the best recipe you have chez-toi, all the rest just falls into place xoxo

Rogalal, Is the Creed not just absolutely lovely and true, the bottle is exquisite. We should all go in on a split, it is so delicious.

Dora, may all the troubles clear up and herald in a great new year; plus you smell great, that makes it all better

Love and hugs to all

Yay! my banner of France is back and my Chamade looking wardrobe icon.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 29th December 2009 at 11:34 PM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I'm wearing PG Felanilla this evening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    From "that" Estonian site:

Leafy greens, lemon, bergamot;
    Iris absolue, vanilla, jasmine;
    Moss, vetiver, musk.

I have not tried this one, but MPG Fleur d'Iris was too musky on me and it went to live at another BNer's.
    Thanks for translating the notes, Twolf. I'd forgotten about that site.

Yes, I have the female iris and it is very different; much sweeter & all about light musk. It really bears little resemblance to this one.

I was in Coromandel today to go see Cavalia (horse/acrobatic show - beautiful and highly recommended). Still away from home, and am without good access to the computer.

Blog Entries

Oh Huanani, I'm jealous! I love the smell of the coast. That mix of salt air with the coastal redwoods and the twisted Monterey cypress and our northern California oaks just has to be one of the best smells in the world.

If you're near Carmel, please do go to Ajne! I've been wanting to go there and I need a report!

For the evening, I've been unhappily slopping my way through Caron Pour Un Homme.

*blech* Civet *blech*

Jicky with a pinch of the civet removed and replaced with vanilla? Shalimar for men?

Not for me (at all), but I'm surprised more of you Jicky-luvin' females don't check this one out. Don't let the name scare you - if you can stand the first 15 minutes, you'll be in vanilla lavender lemon Jicky heaven.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tea for Two late tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Lovelovelove the iris painting, kumquat! Gorgeous.

Lol rogalal, PuH was the first Caron I truly disliked. I think it is the lavender/lemon that turned me; I distinctly remember having a headache as I slopped my way through it, as well. It wasn't bad on DH, though.

Doc Elly, your new orchid scent sounds intriguing; orchid always does to me.

Lolita Lempicka today, it's so warm, heady, and lush, I love it! It reminds me of the forest in A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Good night!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Tuesday 29 December

Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson.