Code of Conduct

Default Old Spice for Women ?

Is there a "female" fragrance that smells like the "men's" cologne Old Spice ?
    I recently sampled a fragrance by Yosh , (don't know which one) , that inspired the question.
    love lasts a long time, but burning desire, two or three weeks.

Default Re: Old Spice for Women ?

I wore Floris Malmaison for awhile- it made me think of a refined Old Spice.

Old Spice was actually originally created by Shulton for women- I think it was launched in the late 30s, and the bottle was like a jar- meant to be re-used or re-purposed. It then became a men's line but I'm not sure how or when....

I say wear Old Spice if you like it! MY DH uses it and I always use the shower gel. Verrrry nice

correction ; it was "t" parfum by Takashimaya that I sampled .
    love lasts a long time, but burning desire, two or three weeks.

I just can't imagine this.....This is a very good question!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I remember in my copy of the Perfume Guide by Susan Irvine. They did a blind test of Old Spice, women all loved it and wanted to buy it to wear. Have to say I did as a teenager wear my big brother's Old Spice.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I remember in my copy of the Perfume Guide by Susan Irvine. They did a blind test of Old Spice, women all loved it and wanted to buy it to wear. Have to say I did as a teenager wear my big brother's Old Spice.
    That is so neat! My dh has used the deo & shower gel since I've know him. In small doses it is a soft & sexy skin scent. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it might be worth it to just try Old Spice. For something a little more high end, try Les Nereides Imperial Opoponax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    For something a little more high end, try Les Nereides Imperial Opoponax.
    This is wonderful, and inexpensive too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A friend sent me this as a blind sample. When I put it on we both noticed how nice it was. He noticed it from across the room. It was a small amount, too. Maybe "easy does it" is the key here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I agree that it might be worth it to just try Old Spice. For something a little more high end, try Les Nereides Imperial Opoponax.
    I have Les Nereides Imperial Opoponax and ever since you mentioned that on an earlier post somewhere... I think of Old Spice whenever I wear it. Yes, it does smell somewhat like old spice, yet it has something in there that makes it a little different. Don't know what it is. My mother bought Imperial Opoponax after I sent her a sample and all she usually wears is Shalimar.
    Eliza
    (seems like vintage L'origan was made just for me)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    Old Spice was actually originally created by Shulton for women- I think it was launched in the late 30s, and the bottle was like a jar- meant to be re-used or re-purposed. It then became a men's line but I'm not sure how or when....
    I actually own a vintage bottle of this and it is delicious. It smells much "spicier" than most of the modern renditions of Old Spice, but very close. I would say "Just wear Old Spice and save yourself a lot of money." I love the scent.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

I wore Old Spice in high school because I didn't like traditional feminine perfumes.....and I didn't know of any unisex scents back then! Not sure if this is any more feminine, but Diptyque Eau Lente is a great higher-end take on this theme.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really think Old Spice (even the current drugstore version) would be beautiful on a woman.

Powdery white florals with a pinch of clove over a chypre base. It's basically the classic Caron recipe, somehow successfully marketed to our fathers.

Like Kumquat said, I'd bet many women would love it if it were a blind sample.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new bottle of Old Spice "Classic" (reformulated, nonetheless) cologne for my fiance, but I decided to give it a try. I layered it over Youth Dew body cream and when I asked him if he knew what I was wearing he guessed Opium! It really is wonderful! I love layering fragrances with lotions and creams from a different line, and this particular combo has been one of my most successful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I posted this on the men's side, so I thought you might like to see it here, too.

I found out the earliest bottles are from 1937. This has amazing
    oakmoss but it is difficult to get from the 'pull-out' shaker top.

This vintage bottle is amazing!

I agree that Old Spice is perfectly wearable for a women, and I myself like it very much, too.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was around 12 - I suppose around 1970 - I acquired from someone or somewhere a special edition (anniversary maybe?) of Old Spice for women. My family were amused because they all believed Old Spice was for men, but this was a distinctly feminine looking glass edt splash bottle with a white plastic screw cap. I loved that fragrance and kept it for a long time in my bathroom cabinet. I think a very nice alternative to Old Spice cologne is Guerlain's Terracotta Voile d'Ete, which has been discontinued, though I believe it's still pretty easy to find online. It is delicious, spicy & vanillic, yet sheer. Penhaligons Bluebell could be another contender Or...as Brielle suggests, just wear Old Spice. It's a classic.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 4th January 2010 at 03:10 PM.