Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Guidance sought.

First, is Idylle male worthy or do-able? Notes are? What should I get of the two? Idylle or Shaar Nur? I know they are different.

Default Re: Guidance sought.

Shaal Nuur without a doubt. This may seem a bit biased as I HATE Idylle First coming from a Guerlain lover, not having a smidgen of Guerlinade or even a 'Guerlain'-like feel to it was utterly disappointing. I was hesitant even to try it after reading all the negative reviews. When I first did, I was overwhelmed by a HUGE pear note that smelled chemical and ruined the entire fragrance. Idylle dries down (not very long after you spray I might add), very, very, very similarily to NR for Her EDT and SJP Lovely. Now I'm a huge fan of NR for Her, but the topnotes of Idylle are extremely synthetic and cloying (to me). I don't understand how some people don't get the NR or Lovely connection. If you smelled Idylle's sillage you get easily mistake it for NR or Lovely! It would work well on a man though, I just have to say. I even smelled Idylle on a friend of mine and mistook it for NR. I know, I know...I'm beginning to sound like a broken record
    As a Guerlain-lover yourself N_Tesla, you owe yourself to atleast try Shaal Nur. When I first tried it over a year ago, I was struck at how similiar it was to something...something...yet I didn't know what it was. I was pretty sure I had it. I immediatly got the Guerlain connection. I compared it to Shalimar, but that seemed wrong. So as soon as I got home, I read Turin's review and... BAM! Vol de Nuit was the fragrance Shaal Nur was evoking. It evokes that same mysterious feeling and has that lovely Guerlinade oozing from top to bottom. Think of it as a cross between the deep animalicity of the vintage VdN parfum and the breadlike, bright iris from the current EDT. It truly is a masterpiece.

The above is all you need to know, in short: Idylle = Huge Disappointment. Shaal Nur = Wonderful surprise.

Blog Entries

scent; Your argument in favor of Shaal Nuur is logical and well thought out. Thanks very much for the kind of reply that really answered, with a great deal of thought, my question.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Shaal Nuur without a doubt. This may seem a bit biased as I HATE Idylle First coming from a Guerlain lover, not having a smidgen of Guerlinade or even a 'Guerlain'-like feel to it was utterly disappointing. I was hesitant even to try it after reading all the negative reviews. When I first did, I was overwhelmed by a HUGE pear note that smelled chemical and ruined the entire fragrance. Idylle dries down (not very long after you spray I might add), very, very, very similarily to NR for Her EDT and SJP Lovely. Now I'm a huge fan of NR for Her, but the topnotes of Idylle are extremely synthetic and cloying (to me). I don't understand how some people don't get the NR or Lovely connection. If you smelled Idylle's sillage you get easily mistake it for NR or Lovely! It would work well on a man though, I just have to say. I even smelled Idylle on a friend of mine and mistook it for NR. I know, I know...I'm beginning to sound like a broken record
    As a Guerlain-lover yourself N_Tesla, you owe yourself to atleast try Shaal Nur. When I first tried it over a year ago, I was struck at how similiar it was to something...something...yet I didn't know what it was. I was pretty sure I had it. I immediatly got the Guerlain connection. I compared it to Shalimar, but that seemed wrong. So as soon as I got home, I read Turin's review and... BAM! Vol de Nuit was the fragrance Shaal Nur was evoking. It evokes that same mysterious feeling and has that lovely Guerlinade oozing from top to bottom. Think of it as a cross between the deep animalicity of the vintage VdN parfum and the breadlike, bright iris from the current EDT. It truly is a masterpiece.