Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD Friday 1st January 2010: New Year's Day

Happy New Year to you all!

I'm starting the new year in Ladyboy by B Never too Busy to be Beautiful.
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 1st January 2010 at 10:06 AM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: SotD Friday 1st January 2010: New Year's Day

Happy New Year!!!

Angel La Rose today.

Wishing everybody a happy, healthy and prosperous 2010!

Happy New Year everyone!

I spent th day in the company of my family and LOTS of yummy food

Thierry Mulger Eau De Star today - purchased yesterday and am enjoying it immensly
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Basenotes Institution

Have a good one ! Morning all !

AM- Mitsouko
    Afternoon - Gucci By Gucci
    PM -Jicky parfum
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Remnants of TF Black Orchid from yesterday... I'm not going anywhere today, so I might experiment with some samples...

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday 1st January 2010: New Year's Day

A FANTASTIC NEW YEAR FOR EVERYONE

Christopher Sheldrake 's GRIS CLAIR

Parfums Serge Lutens

Notes of : iris, tonka bean, amber, lavender,woodsy notes.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Happy New Year Everyone.

Aesop Mystra this morning. I will probably try to find more of this. My sample is getting low....

Happy New Year everyone.

Iris Pallida 2007
    DONNA

Hi everybody!

Thanks to Santa I can wallow in Guerlain's Iris Ganache for a while, so that's what I'm doing. Yum!!

You all have a fantastic 2010!

Ineke Evening Edged in Gold - a recent purchase which I love more each time I smell it.

Hoping 2010 brings everyone everything they wish for themselves.
    Last edited by hilaryjane; 1st January 2010 at 01:50 PM.

Testing AP Strip, sample I got from a lovely BNer... So far so good!!!!

I'm wearing Bond Success Is A Job In NY. Today will be a busy day with family in town and football games to watch.

Have a great day, everyone!

I've trademarked the color bleu

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

First frag for 2010 is the first frag I purchased after finding Basenotes: Armani Mania

Last edited by kbe; 1st January 2010 at 02:48 PM.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Yves Saint-Laurent Kouros - to start the new year off right! Happy New Year everyone!

Notes include: Aldehydes, Artemesia, Bergamot oil, Clary Sage oil, Coriander, Laurel, Carnation, Cinnamon, Geranium, Jasmin, Orris, Patchouli, Vetiver, Amber, Civet, Honey, Leather, Moss, Musk, Tonka and Vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Happy New Year!

I'm wearing Chanel No. 19 parfum

Starting 2010 with very little sleep...the son's Birthday/New Year sleep over was a smashing success! Just finished cleaning up from breakfast. 7 boys, 15 cinnamon rolls, 3 pounds of bacon, 1 gallon of milk, 1 quart of orange juice and 1/2 a box of Cheerios! I wonder how 3xasif's daughters celebration went? Anyway, I'm sticking with 31 Rue Cambon today because it makes me feel like a million bucks! Happy New Year!

Happy new year! Dans Tes Bras for me today while I play with my new Kindle.

Basenotes Plus

Le Labo Labdanum 18

Wishing all of you a joyous, healthy, prosperous, and fulfilling New Year! xxxooo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I'm starting the New Year in my scent of the year from 2009 - Amaranthine by Penhaligon's

Best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2010!!!

Godda widdew code bud I cad zdill zmell duh DIVIDE....

HABBY DEW YEAR ALL Y'ALL!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Love them antique greetings -- both in cards and magazines! So in the spirit of the New Year the way I know it. Thanks for posting them.

It was a quiet celebration here -- chips and dips and stuffed mushrooms and a 2 litre bottle of RC Cola. :-) No fireworks and no sounds at all, such a huge difference from the last 10 years in TX! Could not reach my mom on the phone but did today, she said she slept all through the ringing in and she is 7 hours ahead of us here (she made stuffed mushrooms too, it is a family thing I suppose).

Will wear MPG Soir d'Orient and put together a few packages for dear BN friends.

Above by Me

Happy New Year all!! Today I'm in the mood for something non complicated.I ended up with Pure poison as my sotd. Any idea how to find the "most worn" from last year now? Need to find my most use scent of 2009...

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

What do you stuff your mushrooms with, Twolf? Meats? Breadcrumbs?

I'm on a Riannon sample streak. Last night: Shalimar Parfum; today: VIP Room Signature; Saturday: a particular Oriental to be revealed on the morrow. VIP delivers sweet tiare with birch tar leather. Beautiful stuff. Wish this hadn't been limited edition. Any other fans here of VIP?

REMEMBER: TOMORROW IS SNIFF 'N' SPEAK SATURDAY: ORIENTALS!

Happy New Year to all! Hard to decide how to begin 2010 from a fragrance standpoint. I think I will go with Elenesia from Penhaligons.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Happy New Year! After sniffing a few perfumes this morning, I decided Insolence edt was the right scent for me today. When I opened the box the iris note beckoned me. I'm enjoying the berry notes as well. To me this fragrance has a dark quality too, which I'm in the mood for today.

A very Happy New Year! May it fulfill all your dreams and wishes!
    Still wearing vintage Chanel no. 22 from last night. I love it but I think the new one is much nicer.
    P.S. I too made stuffed mushrooms.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Cuir de Lancome for a great start

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    What do you stuff your mushrooms with, Twolf? Meats? Breadcrumbs?

I'm on a Riannon sample streak. Last night: Shalimar Parfum; today: VIP Room Signature; Saturday: a particular Oriental to be revealed on the morrow. VIP delivers sweet tiare with birch tar leather. Beautiful stuff. Wish this hadn't been limited edition. Any other fans here of VIP?

REMEMBER: TOMORROW IS SNIFF 'N' SPEAK SATURDAY: ORIENTALS!
    My Queen, you just inspired me for my scent of the evening: VIP Room for me as well Should wear this beauty more often.

Happy New Year!!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Blog Entries

Celebrating the
    NEW YEAR &
    a NEW MOON in
    Lutens-Silver Iris Mist

Hi all.

Sorry I've been away so long. Life getting in the way.

2009 was a pretty good year for me. Unfortunately, it ended on a sad note when I lost Chainsaw kitty to a bladder tumor on Monday evening. I had 16 awesome years with him. Really lucky to have this amazingly cool cat in my life for as long as he was.
    Chainsaw_kitty.jpg

Spike kitty (my little perfumista kitty in my avatar) seems to be enjoying the extra attention. I suspect it will hit home for him when I go back to work and the house is quiet with no one to play with.

Wearing the last of the Tom Ford Neroli Portofino that BlackCat was kind enough to provide. A beautiful, benchmark neroli. I wore it on the day I took Chainsaw to the vet the last time and have worn it every day since. A lovely memory of an awesome companion. Rest in peace old buddy.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Basenotes Institution

I decided since it's the first day of the new year, I'd wear one of my favorites all day. So I brought out the big guns this morning and fixed breakfast wearing:

Shalimar (vintage extrait) by Guerlain

Later on it'll be some Shalimar Eau Legere and then some Eau de Cologne in the evening. Perhaps the only fragrance I own that comes the closest to holy grail territory for me.

How sad for you sakecat22 - I will wear some Neroli Portofino this week, and think about Chainsaw kitty fondly. (hug)

Have you ever had such a great experience with a perfume the night before that you are tempted to wear it again, even though it isn't a day perfume? I feel this way about Epic, plus I may be dropping in on a fellow perfumista and I want to share the experience with her. She was the one whose Lyric sample I whiffed that started all this Amouage business in the first place. If cooler heads prevail I can always do Coco parfum, which I enjoy so much that I have a feeling that the bottle I just got will be the first of many throughout my life.

Am I totally foolish to wear Epic in the afternoon for watching college ball? Should I throw caution to the wind or remain safe and sound with Coco?

What a great New Year it is so far when this is the biggest quandary, huh?

Deni

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Starting 2010 with very little sleep...the son's Birthday/New Year sleep over was a smashing success! Just finished cleaning up from breakfast. 7 boys, 15 cinnamon rolls, 3 pounds of bacon, 1 gallon of milk, 1 quart of orange juice and 1/2 a box of Cheerios! I wonder how 3xasif's daughters celebration went? Anyway, I'm sticking with 31 Rue Cambon today because it makes me feel like a million bucks! Happy New Year!
    I was thinking of you too, Ubu! Wow sounds like it was a success and those hungry boys are well fed LOL! Brekkie here was my hash brown casserole (hash browns, onions, bacon, cheddar cheese with ketchup & Worcestershire sauce with little wells each containing a perfectly cooked egg) several pots of sweet tea, yoghurt drinks...not to mention the pizza and ice cream last night! There was much whooping at midnight as the 7 girls ran out in the snow with sparklers and wrote happy new year on our driveway with a shovel- the snow has been falling lightly for 24hrs....Biddy said "MOM! Best New Year's ever!" Tonight we all go see Avatar, so I am very excited about that. The out of town girls (3 of them) go home tomorrow.

I will save my Samsara parfum for tomorrow's S&S, and will wrap myself in the sweet milky comfort of Paul&Joe Blanc today.

May hope, love, and warmth
    be in your heart's possessing,
    and may the New Year
    bring you and yours
    many blessings!
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 1st January 2010 at 07:25 PM.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

This morning my Bandit and Musc Ravageur were having fistacuffs! I let them duke it out for a while, tried to have Angel intervene, but the only solution was a hot shower....
    I'm wearing Ayala Moriel's Immortelle l"Amour... a comforting mix of black tea, and chocolate with a hint of mint and caramel, or at least something sweet and chewy.
    Happy and Healthy New Year to all!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Wearing Vetiver Tonka which doesn't feel quite right. Have to work tonight :-(( Scent to help me through? Possibly Amaranthine.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Rosine Diabolo Rose!

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 1st January 2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: tags

Happy 2010 hugs to everyone! Sakecat, I'm sorry about Chainsaw kitty. Thank you for sharing his photo - so handsome and a face full of such character! Roberto, you smell extra-good today. Love that Gris Clair. Twolf and darkdreams, I hope you saved me some stuffed mushrooms. DeniDithyrambia, I would wear the Epic 'cause it sounds like you want to. :-) And welcome to Basenotes, by the way!

My SotD is TDC Osmanthus. Seemed the best choice of the fragrances I packed, and it brightens up this rainy day!

Sakecat, I am so sorry for your loss. Chainsaw kitty looks so adorable in that photo. And, amazingly cool, as you put it.

Wearing Ormonde Woman today. I love the opening of this scent so much that I sometimes wear it even when I secretly crave something else. But today I was craving it, and it alone.

Enjoy yourselves today, everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy New Year Everyone

Sake, I am so so very sad to hear about poor Chainsaw, it made me become all teary and weepy. I am happy that at least you were able to share 16 happy years with him. Give Spike a big hug of condolence from me.

Ubu, I am so pleased son's birthday was a huge hit, problem is...now i want cinnamon buns and bacon for breakfast; i just woke up very shortly ago.

Deni, big welcome to BN and i totally feel your want to reapply a great scent. i do it quite often when my SotE is so fabulous i just want to keep it going on.

Twolf sweety, your Stuffed Mushrooms are also making me salivate, i am sure they are drool worthy.

3xasif, New Years eve at chez Jane sounded wonderful also, kudos to you.

Well i am feeling absolutely horrific today! If i was not, i would now be ringing in New Year's day at ComDiva's huge party right now, with all the other Boston BNer's. But sadly i spent 4 hours+ yesterday sanding the hallway plaster, by hand, and scrubbing floors afterward, also by hand. Then we were at our friends house until 2:00am celebrating the New Year, then finally i was in bed by 5:00am.
    As you can tell, i never do so much in one day. I now need to recuperate and become a functioning (arms being mobile and not so stiff and sore, no more headache) Brielle again.

My SotE (early this morning) was vintage Je Reviens Parfum de Toilette

My SotD is Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens, thanks Potiron darling, which is all things warm, comforting and healing to me.

Hope everyone is having the start of what i hope will be a fabulously wonderful New Year. May we all have peace, love, joy, prosperity (and wonderful new fragrance releases) in 2010. Love and hugs throughout the new year for all of you, my fuzzy fragrant bunnies
    Last edited by Brielle87; 1st January 2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Sotd is trying out my sample of Tauer's Air du Desert Marocaine. I like it so far. This morning I had an unexpected pleasure - while running I discovered that Back to Black was still on my glove from day before yesterday. Wow! It smelled great today, and I sniffed as I jogged along.

Sakecat, sorry to hear about the loss of Chainsaw. So sad to lose a pet who's part of the family.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Vanille Galante today. Even though it's another rainy Vancouver day - remembering how much I liked this one in 2009 made me crave it this morning.
    May this coming year bring everyone health, happiness and beautiful perfumes!
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post

My SotD is Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens, thanks Potiron darling, which is all things warm, comforting and healing to me.
    Awww, Brielle sweetie, you're all things warm, comforting and healing to me too! Oh wait, you meant the Serge, didn't you? Eh, right.

Anyway, I'm in your Après l'Ondée; so we're both wearing each others fragrances.

Happy New Year, everyone!

I'm so sorry, Sake

In Alien today. Might just carry on in this for the weekend. We'll see...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! xxx

Happy New Year!!

Sakecat, I'm so sorry about Chainsaw.

Promesse de l'Aube, today

Last edited by *dora*; 2nd January 2010 at 12:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Happy 2010 everyone!!!!!

So much going on...

KC Celeb, enjoy your Above! What a perfect way to ring in a new decade, in your own creation.

Sakecat, in that pic, Chainsaw looks like one of those terribly regal cats, but his name hints at a wild youth... I hope you're feeling ok.

All your fancy breakfasts are making me jealous - I slept in too late and went out for an early lunch, a rather tasty Persian lamb-burger.

Dora, I do love those MDCI bottles. Someone here described them as cheesy, but I find them enchanting. If I ever win the lottery, I'm totally getting one. Until then, I keep intending to buy their sample-pack...

For a long, slow day at home, I figured I'd wear something embarassingly girly that I'd never wear to work, so I put on Pafums Delrae Debut. Surprise surprise, though. It's floral, but so green and juicy that it's actually quite unisex. Oops.

I'll try and put on something more wild for the evening, though.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Mitsouko EDP (Guerlain)

Amouage Ubar

Top: Lemon, Bergamot, Lily-of-the-valley
    Heart: Damascene Rose, Jasmine
    Base: Civet, Vanilla

Happy New Year Er'body!!

CH by Carolina Herrera
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Happy New Year!!!

Sakecat, I am so sorry about Chainsaw kitty. There are no words...
    Taolady, I am sorry you don't feel well. I also have a cold. This is no way to start the year
    To cheer me up I wore Guerlain Shalimar EDP.

Ubu and 3XAsif, it sounds like the parties were a success. Now you probably need to find time to relax.
    Brielle, I hope you feel better soon.
    Evenstar

Hi all

No scent for me today (I didn't get any coffee in and left the house in a daze) but I'm thinking of you all on New Year's.

Warmest wishes.

Signature Scent By Bond No.9.....Happy New Year to all.....Gary

Blog Entries

For the evening:

Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Blog Entries

Donna Karan Gold.

Happy New Year everyone! I started the day by sleeping in...and then happily eating some mochi soup (good luck! can't have enough!)

Sakecat - I'm sorry to hear about your kitty.

3xasif - your breakfast casserole for the girls sounds yummy! I'm going to give it a try, one of these days...glad that they had such a nice time!

The recent passing of Yves Rocher got me thinking....when deciding upon the SOTD, I reached for my bottle of

YR Pur Desir de Fleur d'Oranger

Really nice orange blossom soliflore. I adore the L'Artisan one, but it's just a little too steep ($$-wise) for my budget. The YR is less than 10% of the cost of the L'Artisan, but it's certainly not 1/10 as good.

So sorry to hear about your kitty Sakecat. I had a 19 year-old with failing health--lost her over a year ago. It is so difficult to lose a long-time companion--hugs to you!

My SotD was Dior Homme again--I am loving it in the cool and dry climate.

Happy New Year to all of you!!!

I started 2010 with Cacharel Loulou.