Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dior homme

44 75.86%
  • the one for men

14 24.14%

Default the one for men vs dior homme

Hello again,

Yesterday I was sure to go with dior homme, but this morning I was in a perfume shop and I smelled the one for men from DG, and now I don't know which to choose.

Dior homme seems to be more refined (class, elegant smart); but in the same time the one seems more "hot" and sexy isn't it ?

Default Re: the one for men vs dior homme

i tried the dior homme intense today, and i was fairly impressed

didnt really cared for the one

D&G The One for me.. dior is too strong for my tastes

Dior Homme has more character and has a uniqueness about it compared to The One. Dior Homme lasts longer too and has better sillage.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

thanks for your comments,

Blas when you say "strong" are you reffering to the power of sillage ? It it is the case it's not a problem because I don't like perfume to diskret (don't if this world is ok, I am french, but I mean that I like that my perfume have a godd sillage, not necessary to powerfull, but enough power, I don't like perfume that friends smell only when they kiss me)

Which do you think is more women attractive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roms View Post
    thanks for your comments,

Blas when you say "strong" are you reffering to the power of sillage ? It it is the case it's not a problem because I don't like perfume to diskret (don't if this world is ok, I am french, but I mean that I like that my perfume have a godd sillage, not necessary to powerfull, but enough power, I don't like perfume that friends smell only when they kiss me)

Which do you think is more women attractive ?
    yes im reffering to the power of sillage and the top notes are too strong in my personal opinion but im a 22 years old guy.. maybe for a person over 25 will be a very good fragrance.. (im a gourmand/oriental guy) i prefer The One and my girlfriend LOVES The One..

Dior Homme wins by a mile.

If you find Dior Homme too "strong" try not to spray as much, or spray in places further away from the nose, ie. chest, upper back/back of neck, wrists, elbow/arm areas.

I find, with my friends and family, that Dior Homme is much more well received by both males and females.

Edit: I'm 23, and Dior Homme & DH Intense are wardrobe staples I wear almost daily and could not live without.
    Last edited by warlandsboy; 28th December 2009 at 05:53 PM.

Sur la Plage

Only YOU can decide which one is best for you.

Personally I feel Dior Homme is worth owning - not so for D&G The One for Men.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

damn.. i want to try Dior Homme again.. Roms, grab Dior Homme and ignore my comment, i'll give another chance to Dior Homme soon.

I don't want to sound biased towards Dior Homme, so I'll just quote another Basenoter whose name I can't remember at the moment and can't find out, because the search function seems to be broken: Dior Homme kicks The One's skinny butt all over the shop.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Basenotes Plus

Lol @Mostapha. The One smells like The Many Others, but Dior Homme is pretty unique. I'm betting more women prefers Dior Homme to The One.

ok thanks again everybody
    I had a doubt between dior homme, boss botled and the one, and dior homme seems to win each all time. Of course I am the only guy to do the choice but if I love both, I think it better to buy the perfume that many other people love, so I think my choice is closed (it is ok in english ??), I will buy dior homme

I have another question because I am neophyte in term of perfume, is it me or samples are better than the bottle (for all perfume) ? for exemple I had a sample (commercial sample, not extract from a bottle) of cerruti 1181 that I find good, but when I smell it in the bottle of the shop, it seems not as good, it was the same for azzaro chrome (but this one is still cool in bottle), so I ask mysel is there a possibility that brand make sample better in term of quality ? maybe it is just me who have a bad feeling

No contest here really , Dior homme by far ... Dior Homme is pure quality , The One is not bad but can't compere with DH , longetivty , sillage ... and the quality all are on DH side .. Your choice ....

Thanks for all people who help me, I am now confident with my choice and I know I can't be wrong with dior hommethanks again

Women prefer The One.. Are you still sure?

yes because you are alone to say that

Quote Originally Posted by Roms View Post
    Thanks for all people who help me, I am now confident with my choice and I know I can't be wrong with dior hommethanks again
    I own both fragrances and have to agree that Dior Homme gets used far more often than The One. You will not regret choosing Dior Homme, and will probably get The One discounted at some point in the next year or two anyway!

Dior Homme is a much *better* frag in my opinion, but it's cool and refined--iris with a dusting of cocoa powder. The One has a caramely warmth and reminds me of fresh baked cookies on a newly hewn wooded plank. I own both and if i had to choose one at gunpoint it would be Dior Homme, but D&G The One is by far the more *sensual*, if short-lived and less interesting.

Homme--office, dinner party, etc.
    The One--romance, snuggling, comfort
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Quote Originally Posted by Antaeusintheair View Post
    Dior Homme is a much *better* frag in my opinion, but it's cool and refined--iris with a dusting of cocoa powder. The One has a caramely warmth and reminds me of fresh baked cookies on a newly hewn wooded plank. I own both and if i had to choose one at gunpoint it would be Dior Homme, but D&G The One is by far the more *sensual*, if short-lived and less interesting.

Homme--office, dinner party, etc.
    The One--romance, snuggling, comfort
    Exactly
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 29th December 2009 at 05:38 PM.

thanks both, Antaeusintheair I think to be in the second category about what you said "romance, snuggling, comfort ", but dior homme seems to be more sensual when I see the result of the poll. For me the best perfume is a "women catcher" (hope it is ok in english hihi) but elegant and smart. I had some fragrance like one million and black xs, excellent for catch wommen but no elegance, a bit vulgarity, no subtility, and in the other side I own armani code, really smart, but not good for girl attraction. I believe that the one is more like one million on this "scale" while dior homme seems to be the perfect blend

Get 1 you like more. Different parfums suits different personalities and noses and its you who will wear it. Personally I wasnt impressed with neither.

I have both and like both of them very well.....Between the 2 I have to go with Dior Homme also.
    Gary

I'm gonna have to try Dior Homme again. I tried it at Sephora and I know they keep their bottles under those lights and the bottle was pretty low so I may have to give it another shot. It smelled great at first.. and then it smelled exactly like lipstick for 4 hours. When I got a sample of the One I loved it! The lady that made the sample for me also said it smelled great as she was making the sample. I would think she would have smelled it before since it's popular and is probably asked for quite a bit.. but maybe not!
    Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 30th December 2009 at 01:18 AM.

Dior Homme for me

thanks
    smell like a lipstick ??? I don't smell that
    Dreamer81, the problem is when you love both, but dior homme seems to win easy

I chose D&G The One Because I just don't really understand Dior Homme. Is uniquie, check, though it doesn't captivate... Will try it again though!

Cheers and take care!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Lol.. this is no contest.. Dior Homme fty (for the year?)
    unico grande amore.

Dior Homme, of course. The One has no character.

Dior Homme. The more I use it the more I like it.
    ~Mark~

I completely changed my mind about Dior Homme, I LOVE it now.