Code of Conduct

Default similar scents to zino + A*men

hey guys i was looking for some scents that are similar to zino davidoff and A*men!!

Default Re: similar scents to zino + A*men

Similar to A*Men: Rochas Man smells somehow similar, I can hardly think of of another frag comparable to A*Men now

Similar to Zino: well, Creed Bois du Portugal, Rocabar by Hermes, Van Cleef and Arpels Pour Homme do hove some notes in common with Zino

Guerlain's Héritage shares much in common with Zino.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    AbdesSalaam Attar, Naomi Goodsir, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, L'Atelier de Givenchy, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse, by Kilian, and Oliver & Co. splits.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

thanks guys i was thinking since i have rochas man would it be a waste to by a*men and maybey go with somethign like B*men or A*men pure coffee

B*Men and pure Coffee are both very good frags, get them if you can

You would need to mention if you like or dislike the A*Men tar note, at the very least (also, do you mind something more subtle?). Similarly, with Zino, you need to be specific. Zino has a lot going on. I once described it as a combination of TdH, Ungaro 2, and Jovan Sex Appeal for men, for example (I haven't sampled it in well over a year because I didn't like it).
    Last edited by Bigsly; 3rd January 2010 at 06:50 PM.

Bois 1920 Extreme has some similarities with Zino.

There are analogies between Zino, Salvador Dali pour Homme and Guerlain's Heritage, but Heritage is more refined than Zino, while Zino is gentler than Salvador Dali. In other words, Heritage is sweeter, subtler and more refined as well as less pungent than the rest of the bunch, I even find traces of the guerlinade in it; Salvador Dalí smells bolder compared to the previous ones. I hope this description helps.

Regarding A*Men, I cannot recall exact chocolate and caramel top notes in other scents the way I perceve in it. In terms of sweetness, there are three comming to my mind: TL pour Lui by Ted Lapidus, which is dominated by sweet fruit-like amberish notes, Jacomo Red shares similarities in its chocolate/caramel sweetnes without the cloyness I perceive in A*Men; Escada's Casual Friday tunes the sweetness around cocoa notes and patchouly. Unfortunately, this one is discontinued and very hard to find.

B*Men is sweet but blended with notes some describe as rhubarb. In my case, it has base notes quite similar to a synthetic musk EO wich is akin to the one used in Avon's Woody Musk and in Dana`s Canoe - as a matter of fact, I use it in order to make Dana's Canoe stronger and more durable.

A*Men Pure Malt is A*Men without the cloyness, so I would dare to say it does not have much to do with the original one.

Hi, I do see what you're looking for, So I might suggest A*Men Pure Coffee.

Also, Body Kouros (With it's berry/incense finish) is quite Gourmand..Though D&G The One Is Very Gorumand!
    I get chocolate with peppermint gum, Quite Seductive!

Cheers and good luck!

- Balava
    Last edited by Balavassassin; 19th January 2010 at 12:11 PM.
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

A*Man.. V&R Flowerbomb smells even more masculine, haha..
    unico grande amore.

To me Givenchy Play Intense smells exactly like A*Men. (with all pros and cons)

Zino is one of my favorites and as such, I am running low on my bottle. Lots that I've sampled over the last year remind me of Zino and I've been having some difficulty deciding whether to branch out or replace. Cost is a factor too.

Heritage is definitely similar, but more polished (i tried the edp). Tiffany for Men and Bois 1920 Extreme seem like stronger versions of Zino with slight differences. Tiffany has that Chanel/Polge perfect blending thing going on and seems sensuous, while Bois 1920 is more raw and rough hewn. I don't smell the similarity with BdP, VC&A, or Rocabar. I'll probably go with Heritage and eventually a back up of Zino unless I find a great deal on Tiffany.

I've actually never tried Angel or A*Men.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Heritage is very similar to Zino; I agree that Hertiage is the more sophisticated of the two.