Code of Conduct

Red face What did you carry with you this vacation ?!

We celebrated this new year in Goa and boy; we had a great time!! for those who are not familiar with Goa..it's a place very popular with tourists from India and abroad alike. it's the land of free for us in India.. it's the only place where we can mix drinks and drive! sit along shacks on beach fronts at 4 am in morning.. ride bikes or what have you. weather is typically warm and apart from the 500+ virgin beaches across the entire stretch of goa, it also has a nice mix older architecture which was built during the Portugese colonization..

so, being a Bner that i am..and the limited scents that i could carry...i was in a tremendous fix as to what i should carry. i'm not the decant type so decants were out of question..it had to be bottles and it better be something which delivers...after much thought and constant glare from my wife..i decided to take two, and they were Hermes Kelly Caleche EdT & Tauer L'Air du desert Marocain! and they didnt disappoint!

So, what did you carry with you this vacation ?!

p.s. im not sur eif there is a similar thread active..(mods) please feel free to delete if thats the case..!
    Last edited by jenson; 4th January 2010 at 08:20 AM.

Default Re: What did you carry with you this vacation ?!

a Mini of 212 men and Davidoff Echo. I didn't have any other minis around, and the two should work well enough for any situation. so..
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

i was in czech republic and i got encre noire
    plus some samples of classics: azzaro ph, paco rabanne ph, jil sander men (new one)
    i will be ordering some more in this month after more test of my upcoming samples which i didnt find in sephora
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

I carried my newly aquired Nobile 1942 Colonia Manima. a smokey clean colone which produces a unique cigarette smoke effect but I was on a fragrance buying trip to Amsterdam si I also bought Le Labo Rose 31 and Byredo Baudelaire.

I traveled within the US, so had to contend with our 3 oz. liquid restrictions for carry on luggage. So I brought 2 1.5 ml spray testers of Ineke fragrances (Evening Edged in Gold and Field Notes from Paris) and also 15 ml travel size Hermes Ambre Narguile.
    Last edited by cello; 4th January 2010 at 12:12 PM.

I brought my Rive Gauche with me and have been using it for the past 3 weeks

I packed up the car and dog and drove our car from NYC to Miami, where I've been hanging out for the last 3 weeks. I brought a full bottle of Opium parfum extrait (used once), Caron Pour un Homme (used a few times), a large decant of 1740 Marquis de Sade (used twice), samples of Mazzolari Lui and Patchouly; Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve, Intigrant Patchouli and Felanilla; Lez Nez Manoumalia, M. Micallef Patchouli, Les Nereides Patchouli Antique. The M. Micallef won the Patchouli Contest hands down! I'm seriously considering a bottle of L'Ombre Fauve - amber just the way I like it.
    The middle of the trip saw a meet up for a sniff-a-palooza with Ubuandibeme and Mike Perez2. I was given a nice sized sample of Havana Vanille and wore it for a week and went head over heels in love with it, I'll be buying a bottle in the next days.
    I was also given a sample of the new Hinoki 2, I really didn't like that one.
    The nice thing about traveling with a scad of samples is that even though you're away from the routine, you never get bored. I always travel with lots of books, too.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 4th January 2010 at 04:25 PM.

My extended family and I swapped Christmas gift giving for a gift to ourselves of a vacation at a villa overlooking the pacific just south of Puerto Vallarta. It was wonderful fun in the sun, ocean, sunsets, great food, and many very excellent varieties of Tequila. I took lil decants of Sel d' Vetiver, PG Aomassi, AbSlAt Profumo Oak Moss, Mazz Patchouly and Patou Pour Homme. The clear favorite for me and my SO was Sel d' Vetiver. Perfect extension of the ocean air and sun. I did not want to come back.

Spent 5 weeks back in the Motherland, had 2.5 ML atomizers of Guerlain L'Instant EDP, Guerlain Homme, Creed GIT, Creed MI, Montale Aoud Lime, Dyptique Tam Dao and Amouage Jubilation XXV. Also had my handy travel set of 1ML vials with pure oud oils - Oriscent Royal Kinam/Borneo Kinam/Sheikh's Borneo, Oudimentary KSSS and my favourite sandalwood oil. Somehow the ouds seemed out of place there (the energy there is just different), so the my regular frags got quite a bit of use. As soon as I returned, I went back to bathing in the opulent luxury that is pure ouds

Spent time in Las Vegas in July it was hot. I brought along Creed Original Vetiver felt it was a clean scent for the heat.

Smile Re: What did you carry with you this vacation ?!

I was in India for a month last summer and brought Rochas Lui as my formal-occasion scent and YSL Live Jazz as my every(other)day scent.

Lui behaves on me in humidity, retaining its distinguished and pleasantly fusty character when applied in small doses, and I would like to think that two weddings (neither my own, thank goodness), a baptism, and a funeral were all the better for its presence.

And in a most interesting development, I discovered that the fresh, herbal vibe that carries Live Jazz into its drydown extends its playback during monsoon season to admirable effect. The fragrance's cool nature does not provide comfort in driving rain; rather, it emboldens the wearer, tempting me on several occasions to ditch my embattled umbrella and invite the heavens to do their worst.

Better sense prevailed in each instance and I kept (more or less) dry for the duration of my stay but, as you may have guessed, both fragrances and the trip itself shall live long in the memory.

I brought along Tom Ford Grey Vetiver on my last vacation (early December) and wore it exclusively.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Went to Vegas for two days at Thanksgiving. I took Diptyque Eau de Tarocco for daytime, and Montale Chypre Vanille for an evening outing.

This summer, I spent a week in New Mexico. I had the same Diptyque Eau de Tarocco for daytime, and I've searched my memory and my posts, and I can't seem to remember what I wore for evenings, though I seem to remember taking four or five bottles all told. I can see from one post that I wore CdG 2 Silver Words on the plane trip to Albuquerque, but I don't think that's one of the ones I took along with me. That's about all I could find. Oh, how ephemeral is memory!
    Last edited by JaimeB; 5th January 2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

We went to Turks and Caicos from the 26th to the 1st. I know it is panned here but I took D&G Light Blue PH and it was really nice to wear after a day at the beach.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I spent Christmas with my family in Brisbane, Australia. Because I knew it would be HOT, I only took one fragrance with me, my new love:

Virgin Island Water.

Went to Vegas for New Years. I carry a vial of Guerlain Héritage when I travel. It's my wife's favorite from my collection.

She took me to the Guerlain shop at The Palazzo in Vegas where I picked up Derby!
    ...James

Blog Entries

I always pack very light when I travel, and didn't have any decants at the time. So I packed what I had minis of: Curve, Curve Crush, and Hugo XY. Not the best stuff, but served me surprisingly well.

I've been on Surfers Paradise Australia for the last 4 weeks. Decided to limit myself to 3 fragrances so bought along my girls favorite in Lauder Pleasures for Men, Polo Black and a gift that I'm not all that keen on but I've found is nice for when you're on the beach (thus washing it off) Sean John I am King.

Couldn't help myself when saw a couple of bargains and bought a 100ml bottle of both YSL Live Jazz and Rive Gauche for $80 Australian.

This year it was Xmas with the Carons: I travelled to my inlaws with PuH, 3rd Man, and Yatagan. I enjoyed them all! I just (blind) bought PuH a few weeks ago and I've been really loving it. The other two are old faves.

I took just one frag with me on our most recent vacation - Pino Silvestre. We were in the wilds of Colorado and Utah, so it fit in perfectly.

Rushing out the door for a 3+ week train trip, I grabbed Envy for Men (decant), Brit for Men (decant), and Jungle pour Homme (LiquaTouch samples, which are great for traveling, especially considering security restrictions on planes). I didn't realize I only took woody orientals until I was at the bus stop - it would've been nice to break things up with something different. Though I wasn't used to wearing the same frags over and over, I came to appreciate Envy in particular a bit more than I had previously. (And got sick of it as well!)

I spent only one week at the beach and I carried full bottles of Boucheron Pour Homme Fraîcheur, Ferrari Uomo and Solo Loewe.

Dunhill Pursuit.
    (The bottle travels well, and the fragrance is nearly universally appropriate.)

I up at the North Shore by Lake Superiour in Minnesota. Yatagan was my fragrance.

I just came back from Mecca and I brought Chanel Gardenia EDT and I wore it to death. I'm soooo over it...

I Haven't Yet, Though I will bring my Azzaro PH! the freaking legend it is!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I was using my bottle of Kenzo Power in NYC.

I recently went on a 7 day Cruise in February to Cozumel, Cayman Islands & Montego Bay, and I brought full bottles of Versace Eau de Fraiche, Creed VIW, Bulgari BLV, Ed Hardy Men's Eau de Toilette, & D&G The One!

Took a bottle of Racer with me on a recent trip to Costa Rica