Code of Conduct

Default Detecting Gourmand Notes in Rive Gauche PH

Okay so on the weekend I managed to score a bottle if Rive Gauche PH! It's sublime and easily one
    of my favorite scents in which i've smelt! It opened up with a emblazoned thrush of vociferous green! My gawd! the green is vibrant! thus once settling in I feel a purple note from the patchouli and a incandescent Cream White ebbing amongst the purples presence, these two colors intertwine beautifully!!!

....Thus hazza! My muse Proves adroitly intermittent and just of a pertinent composition!
    A note of soothing peppermint that has proven kith worthy of chocolate funkadilly have finally
    admit their relationship. I swear when I smelt this I was dying in awe!! I find it funny that
    I never detected it on A perfume paper strip, though once applied on my skin I guess I
    Had no choice but to form a most welcomed ebullient greeting for The good ole' atoms! Bless em'!

Whilst they have the habit of proving most scents over-cloying, they've done a grand exemption with Rive Gauche PH!

Please tell me if you've ever detected this before!

Take care!

- Balava!

Default Re: Detecting Gourmand Notes in Rive Gauche PH

Nice Description Balava.

I have not detected anything resembling a gourmand fr RG. But I do admit the green mix with the sweetness provides a nice balance.

So between Azzaro PH and RG PH...which do u prefer ?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I get a similar feeling sometimes, maybe due to remote, minimal bitter-sweet notes during the drydown and a certain crisp creaminess of this frag.

I do smell something a bit "foody" in Rive Gauche. I equate it to the smell of a freshly opened bag of marshmallows.

Rive Gauche is nice...but I prefer Azzaro pour homme in the aromatic fougere category.

Jonny, to answer your question I still prefer Azzarp PH under a minimal verdict, bias of the fact that it conveys a superb leather note that is untainted by any other frag!

Cheers,

Balava

I get the same feeling/sensation from RG as I do from the smell of chocolate, and RG reminds me of chocolate. This is not to say that RG smells like chocolate; it does not. But the richness of RG is similar to a foody/gourmand scent.

I don't detect any gourmand notes in RG, it's a spicey green frag for me. I get a lot of shaving soap. Fabergés Brut is a bit similar to me, but a lot cheaper.

It really has a bit of sweetness, but i would never call it gourmand-ish.

It smells nutty to me - specifically like fresh cracked pecans still in their shells...

I agree with teddius, perhaps nutty

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by vitorscpaiva View Post
    It really has a bit of sweetness, but i would never call it gourmand-ish.
    Agree

Of course the anise, must remind some people of licorice, eh?

I'm gonna test this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Balavassassin View Post
    It opened up with a emblazoned thrush of vociferous green! My gawd! the green is vibrant! thus once settling in I feel a purple note from the patchouli and a incandescent Cream White ebbing amongst the purples presence, these two colors intertwine beautifully!!!

....Thus hazza! My muse Proves adroitly intermittent and just of a pertinent composition!
    A note of soothing peppermint that has proven kith worthy of chocolate funkadilly have finally
    admit their relationship.

Whilst they have the habit of proving most scents over-cloying, they've done a grand exemption with Rive Gauche PH!
    Envelope please!!!

. . .and the winner of the 2010 Basenotes Jabberwocky award goes to ......

Balava
    Last edited by surreality; 6th January 2010 at 04:26 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I just purchased my first bottle of this stuff...or should I say "can?" as it comes in a metal can? That was a bit off-putting, hearing the juice slosh around in there...it sounded, almost, like it wasn't full........though the box was wrapped and unopened.

Wearing it today. Love it. Don't get any gourmand notes, though.....the barbasol comments are spot-on, though there are layers of complexity here that you don't find in shaving cream...the anise reminds me of Azzaro PH, of course...and there's some nice oakmoss here, too........
    url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/972]Wardrobe[/url]

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I'm gonna test this again.
    Yeah me too. Though in the past I've sample-worn this on many occasions and "gourmand" didn't cross my mind once.

Ohhh...That was not called for "surreality", Why would you say I'm speaking jabberwocky...Please do re-evaluate your english before you impose such threats.

And yes, I didn't detect the gourmand notes at first though after around three more testings
    via my skin, Indeed did I score a few miracle notes!!!

Cheers and take care!

- Balava