Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Looking for: Marzipan drenched in vanilla, ambre and incense fragrance.

I guess the question is; can do? I can picture a little old lady with a shopping bag screaming; where's the marzipan edp? After instantly enjoying Aomassai with it's burnt caramel and licorice I thought perhaps there is a marzipan fragrance out there. So, if it is, please enlighten me.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 4th January 2010 at 10:48 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Looking for: Marzipan drenched in vanilla, ambre and incense fragrance.

1725 Casanova by Histoire de Parfums smells like marzipan to me.

Top Notes: bergamot, citrus grapefruit, liquorice
    Heart Notes : lavender, star anise
    Base Notes : vanilla almond, sandalwood, cedar, amber
    Last edited by petruccijc; 5th January 2010 at 10:23 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Looking for: Marzipan drenched in vanilla, ambre and incense fragrance.

Volcano by Lomani has the smell of Marzipan

how about Blue Sugar? 1881 is marzipan but more of a fresh top notes - don't think that is what you are looking for....

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I suddenly found myself thinking of Arabie by Serge Lutens...

Isn't there a Santa Maria Novella fragrance that is marzipan? I think it is Muschio Oro. It is supposed to be musk, but I have read that people smell pistacios, which I think is in marzipan.

Louve (Serge Lutens)?

Profumum's Antico Caruso will at least get you to Jordan Almonds if not all the way to marzipan.

I love the smell of marzipan, but do you really want to smell like it?

Basenotes Institution

Aoud Gourmet by Micallef ! Notes of sugar, marzipan, honey, spice, patchouli, cedar, cypriol, amber, sandalwood, cashmeran, musks. Thank you Luckyscent !

Maybe Chia by Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561.Notes of almond, orange, rose, candyfloss, hazelnut, vanilla, amber, musk.

Also Maybe People Of The Labyrinth Luctor Et Emergo
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Louve (Serge Lutens)?
    That's the puppy.
    Also try: Dior Hypnotic Poison, PotL Luctor et Emergo, Profumum Confetto, Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum, Calypso St Barth Léa (listed in order of marzipan -> vanilla dominant)

Honestly, N_Tesla, marzipan is easier to come by than almond sans sucre. I tried to find a true bitter almond scent before, and had to wade through quite a lot of marzipan to get there.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I remember LT talking about Love By Kilian that he described as vanilla meringue.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Endymion by Penhaligon's partially fits into the concept, yet minus the marzipan
    I also second Cerutti Black 1881 has also most of this notes, yet less vanilla
    maybe even Black Suede Touch by Avon, a strange, yet lush powdery-leathery gourmand, with a slight soapy marzipan note in the beginning (I don't know whether the "soapy marzipan" concept ever exists, maybe with the exception of almond and/or walnut-smelling soaps and cosmetics, but this is precisely how this smells to me), completed by a decidedly vanillic-musky-ambery drydown.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 5th January 2010 at 11:11 PM.

Basenotes Institution

When I read your description N_Tesla the first fragrance I thought of is the hard-to-afford Mon Precieux Nectar by Guerlain. But since that one's difficult get a hold of at an affordable price, I'd go with Louve by Serge Lutens. However you must like cherry notes, because this one has a very persistent cherry accord in the top notes.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th January 2010 at 01:51 AM.

Blog Entries

mikeperez23; Love cherry accord so, looks good to me! Besides I don't have 6000 Euros in the fragrance budget just now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    When I read your description N_Tesla the first fragrance I thought of is the hard-to-afford Mon Precieux Nectar by Guerlain. But since that one's difficult get a hold of at an affordable price, I'd go with Louve by Serge Lutens. However you must like cherry notes, because this one has a very persistent cherry accord in the top notes.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 6th January 2010 at 02:36 AM.

Regarding the Hypnotic Poison, its my GFs signature and I dont find a Marzipan note, just really heavy on vanilla.

Considering that good marzipan is purely made of almonds and rose water (sugar, maybe vanilla aroma as well) that might be a point to start. Rose and cherry might lead to that specific smell so louve sounds like a good idea.

Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé .. yum ++

Gospodin Tesla, I hope you wrote a Basenotes fragrance brief for your idea!

There's plenty of other things going on in both these frags but I get a strong marzipan/almond pastry note in both Piguet's Baghari and Arpege vintage extrait. You might also try Ambre de Cabochard.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Tesla, it's not what you're looking for but if it's almond and vanilla you seek, with some other less sweet notes, but mainly Marzipan(almond+sugar) and vanilla, try Kiehl's Forest Rain. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Regarding the Hypnotic Poison, its my GFs signature and I dont find a Marzipan note, just really heavy on vanilla.
    Seems as though almond/marzipan is one of those notes that is interpreted differently from person to person. What I call marzipan/Amaretto, others call "Play-Do". What others call almond, I call vanilla. (The latter is why I haven't suggested Mandorlo di Sicilia or Vanille Amande or Amande Sucrée... all pure vanilla to me.) Maybe it's one of those things going on?
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Serge Lutens "Rahät Loukoum" (Marzipan, cherry but no ambre)

NTesla: Hypnotic poison is a good place to start with its almondy opening. (it becomes more vanillic with time.) Also, someone I was out with once thought that L'Heure bleue smelled of marzipan.

Another vote for Micallef's Aoud Gourmet. Marzipan and honey with a growl of oud.

Hey N_Tesla. I'm intersted to hear what you tried and your thoughts on those. The idea you were looking for is appealing to me.