Code of Conduct

Default What to wear after swimming?

Does anyone have a recommendation as to what to wear after swimming in a pool? I swim recreationally during the lunch hour, and even after showering, I still smell like chlorine. As I work in an office environment, I would prefer male scent that is not too provocative, but pleasant and crisp. I worry about how a particular scent would interact with the chlorine odor. Thanks.

Default Re: What to wear after swimming?

Fragrance to wear after swimming ? Sure.

Z Zegna Extreme. Not provocative. But pleasant in its overall accord that includes a hint of rose and patchouli. Draws some similarities to the original Z Zegna.

Sander for Man. Very nice sport fragrance with notes of myrrh to give it a certain vibrancy ( at least to me). Feels watery, in a way.

Cartier Declaration. Spicy goodness for me. Very nice cardamom note. Lasts well and makes good day wear also.

I can't really help you with the "...particular scent would interact with the chlorine odor..." aspect. I don't swim anymore, but can't see it being an issue.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Mugler Cologne
    Solo Loewe Intense
    Hugh Parsons Blue

Bulgari pour Homme
    Sales thread here

It really depends on what notes do you like most. Just to name 3 different scents, quite good for officewear too
    Cartier Declaration
    Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    Dior Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir

Basenotes Institution

I'm thinking something soapy, might cover up the chlorine tang on your skin nicely. How about Infusion d' Homme by Prada?

I would go for something like Chergui by Serge Lutens.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    I would go for something like Chergui by Serge Lutens.
    ahhahahaa

Dependent

Ah... I know what you mean about that lingering chlorine... Something nice clean and crisp, try Polo Sport, I've worn it after my swim in the past and recall it to mask the chlorine pretty well!

This is totally personal but I find the smell of chlorine after a swim rather nice.

I will stay away from florals. The chlorine will mess it up. I think an incense perfume will do the job. Maybe Paul Smith Man.

I'm a swimmer also and all I can say is that there is no avoiding the perpetual eau de chlorine! All my fragrances are tempered with the chlorine "basenote" and it will be like that until the day I die because I won't ever give up swimming. That said, I don't find it to be a problem for most scents. Though I find I do need to use a heavier hand when applying lighter fragrances.

Demeter Swimming Pool!
    someone please stop me from buying more cologne.

top five: 1) Creed Vintage Tabarome 2) Creed Windsor 2) Serge Lutens Chergui 3) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur 5) MFK Lumiére Noire Pour Homme

Not sure how it would react with chlorine, but perhaps Bvlgari Aqva?

Whatever you do, do not wear Fleur du Male. I wore it once after swimming and the chlorine caused the scent to develop strangely at it greatlly amplified the fecal note.

This happened during the second time I had ever met my girlfriends parents. I had to go to the bathroom and scrub and scrub and still couldn't clear myself of the scent. I suppose being in the bathroom for so long gave me an excuse to smell like that, but still. Ugh!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    Not sure how it would react with chlorine, but perhaps Bvlgari Aqva?
    i actually wore this one to the beach a few times recently, just for fun! The smell of the ocean without getting wet.

to the OP, as was said, with such a strong smell, I wouldn't bother trying to fight it. I'd go with something green or soapy to just blend in. Like a Vetiver, an aquatic, maybe a bit of citrus and leather? or a "cold" floral?
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Hopefully you lot will wear some clothes after swimming

I usually go for something citrusy eg. Lost March Din Dan or Carthusia Mediterraneo

Nothing too sweet or gourmand....L'artisan's Passage D'Enfer...Well, maybe not but atleast it'll contrast the smell of Chlorine
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Maybe Versace Pour Homme? Nice sporty aquatic-type scent with some musk in the drydown to bring up the masculinity.

Rather than starting a new thread, I'm bumping tis one :P

Any suggestions for female / unisex frags to spritz after a swim?
    I do like the smell of chlorine actually, at least I smell clean! But I have dreads, and even after a good shower, I probably retain more chlorine than most. I was after a frag that would share the same freshness, but not smell like a swimming pool!

So far I have been spritzing on light stuff; B&BW Freshwater Cucumber, Bronze Goddess and Miami Glow.

Any other suggestions? Maybe something citrussy? (or not!)

Cheers all!
    Last edited by goldiloks; 5th March 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Mugler and Infusion D'Homme would be something after a shower. For something after swimming I'd suggest Bvlgari Aqva, Versace Pour Homme or Allure Homme Sport. Something energizing
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

My man's right. Polo sport is what you want. It covers chlorine.