Code of Conduct

Default Pierre Cardin Cuir Intense

The package arrived with this morning’s mail, very much anticipated.
    Upon the first spray, two fragrances came immediately to mind: Varvatos and, to a much lesser degree, Creed Original Santal.
    ‘Cuir Intense??...’ I was beginning to wonder, ‘where in the hell is the cuir?’
    Perhaps I ought to give this a full wearing and try not to let any preconceived expectations stand in the way.

These were the results:

Cuir Intense is built on a base of heavy amber and light sandalwood. From the very beginning it is sweet. Sweetness suggestive of very light citrus and juicy red fruits –I almost dare say plums, but for fear of hinting toward Cuiron, I’ll just keep to the generic term of ‘red fruits’.

This fruitiness is backed with a sweet, winey, Malaysian oud-like note which is probably what initially brought Varvatos to mind….and since user-friendly oud notes have been poking about lately in pop fragrances, I don’t dismiss the impression.

Spices and a whisper of Kors-like tobacco take over the mids. It’s quite peppery; I get cracked peppercorns and hints of dried ginger. Varvatos, in comparison, is heavy on cinnamon and mulling type spices.

The drydown is warm, ambery and lightly woody. Mere traces of patchouli are barely detectable, and this seems merely just to keep the fragrance grounded, refined and sophisticated. Overall Cuir Intense is sweet, but not sickeningly sweet. Your teeth aren’t going to hurt, and this is not some teeny-bopper fragrance!

Oh, and the leather…’where in the hell is the cuir?’
    The presence of leather is all throughout the fragrance. It’s more like an aura of supple, soft leather; almost suede-like, it caresses your skin.
    You won’t find worn saddles, greased boots, leather sofas in the men’s club, bomber or motorcycle jackets; no cracking whips or chapped hides. And if you look for any of these aspects it will certainly chap your hide!

Cuir Intense embraces and envelops you in the softest, warmest leather. It is sensual, supple and living. And although I cannot say it is my favorite leather fragrance, or even in my top five leather fragrances, I am a proud owner of a bottle of Pierre Cardin’s Cuir Intense and it is a welcome addition to my collection.

Default Re: Pierre Cardin Cuir Intense

Pardon me, Manuel, but, what about sillage & longevity? I know this questions does not add any points to esteem by part of notorious community members, but I am just curious. On the other hand, PC's are not expensive, is it worth of being tried / bought?

It seems the Pierre Cardin Collection series have gone under the radar here. The other two: Cedre-Ambre and Iris Sauvage look interesting.

Decent sillage. I kept catching wafts of the fragrance throughout the day. By late afternoon it was close to the skin, but still there--this was all in a Southern California winter setting: 74 degrees F high, 48 F degree low.
    Pricewise it was about 40 dollars for 75 ml.

Basenotes Plus

Ah I see... thought this is another 'Intense' flanker. Thanks for the review. I've had enough of suede and soft leathers. But for the price, I'd be lying if I'm not tempted to at least sample it. Anything with the word 'cuir' seems to get me everytime...

Basenotes Institution

Naming a scent Cuir Intense, when it has a subtle leather, just sounds plain silly. WTF?

I had totally forgotten about this release, until I read this - thanks for the reminder Manuel.

BTW - is the juice pink (as it appears in your photo)?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th January 2010 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Naming a scent Cuir Intense, when it has a subtle leather, just sounds plain silly. WTF?

I had totally forgotten about this release, until I read this - thanks for the reminder Manuel.

BTW - is the juice pink (as it appears in your photo)?
    The juice is a very light rosey amber...yeah, it is rather pink.
    I know what you mean about the name. If only it was called something other than "intense"!
    The fragrance is a leather experience through and through -only it isn't "intense". "Aura" would have been a much better choice.
    I do love the little graphic of the hide on the label though

Manuel, very good post on this rarely mentioned fragrance. I would imagine many leather fans should take note, although Pierre Cardin fragrances ( Cuir series) are hard to come by.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Pierre Cardin...PH Does enough for me!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket