Code of Conduct

Default College Cologne or Two

I am selling my current colognes on ebay, and am eager to try something new. I am 23 years old if that makes a difference.I would prefer something that younger girls (college age) would find interesting, and isn't especially common. Here are the ones I used to have:

Angel B-Men
    Dior Homme
    Lanvin Vetyver
    Guerlain L'Instant
    Rochas Man
    Yves Saint Laurent M7
    Hanae Mori
    Kenzo

So I don't want these!

If you like a couple of those, check out my auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

BTW I am not pimping my auction. It could just end up being a really good deal, and I don't care how much money I make.

So I do not want those.
    I have been looking at
    Green Irish Tweed
    Terre D'Hermes
    Canali
    L'Air Du Desert Marocain

I have smelled GIT and TdH, and I like them a lot. I will probably not be able to try the others. I am buying blind! It doesn't scare me though; I am kind of adventurous anyway. I don't really have a strict budget, but a couple hundred dollars would probably be good. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by derekc4; 5th January 2010 at 08:09 PM.

Default Re: College Cologne or Two

Try Creed Himalaya -- smells like money

So you decided you don't like your entire collection!?! I'd keep some vials of the ones you have, just for later reference, since you'll surely wish you had them to sniff later.

I recommend Escada Magnetism. I don't have it anymore, but I did in college, and the girlies liked it. It's pretty good on its own merits, too.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 5th January 2010 at 08:59 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Burberry London
    Creed BDP
    Jaipur Homme by Boucheron
    Gucci Envy for Men- for trying something new and, maybe, even getting to like them

besides,
    Rochas Man
    YSL M7
    Guerlain L'Instant might sell well
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 5th January 2010 at 11:03 PM.

Don't sell your Dior Homme it's FAN-tastic! Oh wait I'm too late lol.

GIT is a great choice. Buying blind is too risky imo, especially for niche stuff. Luckyscent.com has a lot of exclusive type stuff and offer samples pretty cheap to boot.

Blog Entries

You should have sold these individually IMO! Give people discounts if they bought multiple bottles, but if you just want to clear it out all in one shot because the extra money isn't worth the hassle of reposting whatever's left of your collection to sell, by all means, that's your price for a simpler piece of mind. IMO, most gals have a sweet tooth, they just like clean smelling guys, or they love the smell of flowers. Green Irish Tweed should accomplish a portion of that if you just want one REALLY fantastic bottle. The others you listed will take a bit longer for college girls to come around to liking than GiT.
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 5th January 2010 at 10:38 PM.

You seem to have had a bunch of heavier scents and maybe you're looking for a fresher, lighter change of pace? I'll only tell you things I have NEVER smelled another guy wearing at college. (most of all I smell is typical aquatic scents like curve and adg and ESPECIALLY a&f fierce)

GIT is a good choice. But I like Silver Mountain Water and Erolfa more.

Other good choices outside of Creed are Prada Infusion d'Homme, Dior Homme Sport, and Chanel Platinum Egoiste.

Also, don't listen to your college aged girl friends about what they think they like. They have no idea. They like what a good-looking guy wears. If you're a good looking guy, almost anything you wear will be dead sexy to them. Trust me, I'm in college too. I wear Gucci PH and Ambre Sultan out to parties, and when girls come home with me, after all is said and done, sometimes I show them my perfume stash and if they say they don't like those type of scents, I think, that's funny, because you were telling me how much you loved it earlier. It's always that way. So wear what you like.
    Last edited by genvy5; 5th January 2010 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks all. I think I am going with Amouage Dia and Ciel

Quote Originally Posted by derekc4 View Post
    Thanks all. I think I am going with Amouage Dia and Ciel
    Well, in that case, if you're going the expens..... I mean Amouage route, then I'd highly recommend Jubilation XXV and Lyric Man as well!

Great choices btw, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    Well, in that case, if you're going the expens..... I mean Amouage route, then I'd highly recommend Jubilation XXV and Lyric Man as well!

Great choices btw, you won't be disappointed.
    I get Ciel and Dia for $160. I don't get that monstrous discount on the others. Besides that is a lot of money for two colognes, given that I am a college student. I am supposed to be thrifty.

^ how do you manage to get them for that price?!

Good choice. hope you enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    ^ how do you manage to get them for that price?!
    Local store sells them for $158 plus tax. The Perfume Shoppe.

Oh and btw, I am good looking.

i would recommend acqua di parma. it's a very fresh, citrusy, clean smell. if you want to blow their minds, get kouros and reap the benefits

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    i would recommend acqua di parma. it's a very fresh, citrusy, clean smell. if you want to blow their minds, get kouros and reap the benefits
    Where do I get acqua di parma? Seems sold out at fragrancenet and scentiments.

Where do I get acqua di parma? Seems sold out at fragrancenet and scentiments.
    try neiman marcus or sephora first

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Local store sells them for $158 plus tax. The Perfume Shoppe.

Oh and btw, I am good looking.
    LOL. How much do they charge an Ugly Betty for the same bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    try neiman marcus or sephora first
    $72 for 50ml? I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    LOL. How much do they charge an Ugly Betty for the same bottle?
    HAHAHAHA! he was responding to something I was saying in my first post. but oh man your response made me crack up so hard. LMAO still laughing

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    You seem to have had a bunch of heavier scents and maybe you're looking for a fresher, lighter change of pace? I'll only tell you things I have NEVER smelled another guy wearing at college. (most of all I smell is typical aquatic scents like curve and adg and ESPECIALLY a&f fierce)

GIT is a good choice. But I like Silver Mountain Water and Erolfa more.

Other good choices outside of Creed are Prada Infusion d'Homme, Dior Homme Sport, and Chanel Platinum Egoiste.

Also, don't listen to your college aged girl friends about what they think they like. They have no idea. They like what a good-looking guy wears. If you're a good looking guy, almost anything you wear will be dead sexy to them. Trust me, I'm in college too. I wear Gucci PH and Ambre Sultan out to parties, and when girls come home with me, after all is said and done, sometimes I show them my perfume stash and if they say they don't like those type of scents, I think, that's funny, because you were telling me how much you loved it earlier. It's always that way. So wear what you like.
    Would you like to come back to my place and see my fragrance collection?....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread