Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 61 to 120 of 220
  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Original Vetiver is brilliant. Way underrated and garners tons of female attention.

  2. #62

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post
    I myself do not like Creed, but Bois de Bortugal is so great.
    i agree.

  3. #63

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    I had Bois de Portugal but ultimately found it to be a bit...mature. I really like Royal Water and Virgin Island Water, but on me the latter has almost no longevity or sillage which is a problem at $205 a pop.

  4. #64

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post
    I myself do not like Creed, but Bois de Bortugal is so great.
    i agree.

  5. #65

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Don't buy a Creed based on what you hear since everyone's taste is different. I made that mistake years ago after buying without sampling first.

    I was impressed with Vintage Tabarome, Royal English Leather, and Original Santal. They last very long on me and smell unique in my opinion.

    I was not impressed with Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water, Millesime Imperial, Erolfa, Green Valley, and Original Vetiver. They all smell nice but I don't think they don't stand out enough from designer fragrances to warrant their high price. Some of them have horrible longevity on me as well.

    I was very disappointed in Tabarome (new version), Bois du Portugal, and Virgin Island Water. I just don't like the way they smell and would never wear them.

    In the end it's different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by teflondog; 29th April 2010 at 06:31 PM.

  6. #66

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    Don't buy a Creed based on what you hear since everyone's taste is different. I made that mistake years ago after buying without sampling first.

    I was impressed with Vintage Tabarome, Royal English Leather, and Original Santal. They last very long on me and smell unique in my opinion.

    I was not impressed with Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water, Millesime Imperial, Erolfa, Green Valley, and Original Vetiver. They all smell nice but I don't think they don't stand out enough from designer fragrances to warrant their high price. Some of them have horrible longevity on me as well.

    I was very disappointed in Tabarome (new version), Bois du Portugal, and Virgin Island Water. I just don't like the way they smell and would never wear them.

    In the end it's different strokes for different folks.
    I agree, with Creed or any frag you must try before you buy, i love virgin island water, bois du portugal and royal english leather but i did not like Himalaya, original santal or original vetiver even though many love it.

  7. #67

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Bois de Bortugal and SMW for me

  8. #68

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    "Best" is a very complex question.

    What's your mood? What's the weather like? What is your budget? What is the situation where the fragrance will be presented? Is there an event later in the day when a different scent would better serve and it's important there be no remnant of the fragrance just applied? How far away are the people you want smelling you? Is your reason for applying fragrance public or private? Is there a distinct need for individuality? What emotions does one wish to evoke?


    For instance, my best overall, one size fits all fragrance is Green Irish Tweed which happens to alternate position with Old Spice.
    My best emotionally lifting fragrance is Aventus. It's a great and quick pick me up, bottled enthusiasm as it were.
    My favorite daytime all weather scent is Bois du Portugal.
    My best individualistic scent is Acier Aluminum.
    Yet, none of these are my favorite nor my best fragrance and each have their distinct limitations.
    And they are all excellent in their own right.

  9. #69

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Royal Water and Green Irish Tweed

  10. #70

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    I haven't smelled all the Creeds, but Silver Mountain Water is my favorite!! To my nose and style.

  11. #71

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    What is the best chocolate in a box of Whitman's Sampler?

    http://www.lostwackys.com/images/ori...6th/WHITMN.jpg

    Same thing.

    But I am inclined for SMW

  12. #72

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    What is the best chocolate in a box of Whizzo's confectionary Sampler?
    That's easy:



  13. #73

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I have equal respect for:
    #1's: Vintage Tabarome, GIT, Windsor, and Selection Verte


    One tier down, I have equal respect for:
    #2's: Scent of Oger, Royal Scottish Lavender, Green Valley, Millesime Imperial, EROLFA, and Bois Du Portugal


    after those come:
    #3's: Santal Imperial, Bois De Santal, Feuille Verte, and Baie De Genievre
    Next tier down:
    #4's: Bois De Cedrat, Citrus Bigarrade, Vetiver '48, Original Vetiver, Orange Spice, Royal English Leather


    Of those, I should clarify,
    I only own and wear, in this order:
    1. Windsor
    2. Selection Verte
    3. Green Irish Tweed
    4. Millesime Imperial
    5. Green Valley
    6. Erolfa
    7. Scent of Oger
    8. Royal Scottisch Lavender
    9. Bois De Santal
    10. Orange Spice
    11. Original Vetiver
    12. Vetiver '48
    13. Vintage Tabarome (never truly wear out)

  14. #74

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Green Irish Tweed is the most versatile. I wore 3 sprays today and it's plenty. Best all-around Creed.

  15. #75

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Tried about 20 from samples, extensively. The only one I've bought is GIT.

  16. #76

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    1. MI
    2. BDP
    3. Original Santal (get lots of comments on that one)
    4.Aventus
    5. Green Irish Tweed

  17. #77

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Bois du Portugal and Aventus..

  18. #78

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    From those I've tested:

    Love: GIT, Aventus, BdP, REL
    Like: MI, VIW, Cyprus Musc
    Neutral: Erolfa, Acier Aluminum, Himalaya, SMW, Millesime Tabarome
    Dislike: Royal Water

  19. #79

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    All of these have had honourable mentions earlier in the thread

    Bois de Portugal
    Vintage Tabarome
    Green Irish Tweed
    Windsor
    Selection Verte
    Silver Mountain Water
    Feuille Verte
    Acier Aluminum
    Millesime Imperial
    Himalaya
    Original Santal
    Royal Water
    Original Vetiver
    Virgin Island Water
    Erolfa
    Royal Delight
    Cuir De Russie
    Acier Aluminium
    Royal Scottish Lavender
    Neroli Sauvage
    Aventus


    Any closer to deciding which one to go for

  20. #80

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Bois du Portugal is first rate. It's difficult to compare it to any other fragrance because it's so unique.




    -----

    Creed Bois du Portugal Bottle Split
    For sale: Fendi Theorema Uomo, Tommy Hilfiger Athletics
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/262...IGER-Athletics

  21. #81

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anť View Post
    All of these have had honourable mentions earlier in the thread

    Bois de Portugal
    Vintage Tabarome
    Green Irish Tweed
    Windsor
    Selection Verte
    Silver Mountain Water
    Feuille Verte
    Acier Aluminum
    Millesime Imperial
    Himalaya
    Original Santal
    Royal Water
    Original Vetiver
    Virgin Island Water
    Erolfa
    Royal Delight
    Cuir De Russie
    Acier Aluminium
    Royal Scottish Lavender
    Neroli Sauvage
    Aventus


    Any closer to deciding which one to go for
    What type of scent are you're looking for since the scents in this list are from different genres. The one scent you should eliminate is Vintage Tabarome because it's gone for good and the remaining juice is treasured by its owners, meaning that it is overly expensive to get.

  22. #82

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Orange Spice / White Album (if I can't choose Plastic Ono Band)

  23. #83

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Asking what is the best Creed is like asking what is the best color. All depends on what do you want it for.
    For a night in the town?, for the office?, for a romantic night?, for a sporting event? etc...
    Each of this situations will elicit a different response

  24. #84

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    Asking what is the best Creed is like asking what is the best color. All depends on what do you want it for.
    For a night in the town?, for the office?, for a romantic night?, for a sporting event? etc...
    Each of this situations will elicit a different response
    I totally concur.

  25. #85

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    I wish they reformulate GIT so it lasts longer and projects. Not everyone's going to be a space invader and closely smell GIT when it's close to skin in like, less than an hour?

  26. #86

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    I like Aventus the best, but I have not sampled every Creed frag so that may change.

  27. #87

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I wish they reformulate GIT so it lasts longer and projects. Not everyone's going to be a space invader and closely smell GIT when it's close to skin in like, less than an hour?

    That's unfortunate for you. I don't have this problem at all. Light spray on back of neck, wrists sometimes chest too. Lasts well from 8am -> evening

  28. #88

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolCharm View Post
    I like Aventus the best, but I have not sampled every Creed frag so that may change.
    Planning to buy the biggest bottle they sell when I get my tax refund this year

    Edit: Oh wait that's 9 months away

  29. #89

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    1. Virgin Island Water
    2. Aventus
    3. Windsor
    4. Millesime Imperial
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Original Santal
    7. Original Vetiver

    137. Himalaya

  30. #90

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Bois du portugal maybe a lil strong for first time. but give it time and allow drydown to take place. Nothing is like it, very soapy with great longevity. Hard to discribe have to apply on neck not arm to test. Def my favorite of all time!
    Last edited by jasonsicilia; 9th November 2010 at 05:14 PM.

  31. #91

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Creed aventus is prob my 2nd favorite very much growing on me, very black peppery with fruity notes of pineapple in background.. Well put together frag. As years go on i see this frag getting mentioned a lot and put down as many peoples favorites. Its very original .

  32. #92

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States-Kentucky
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Aventus is the best I've tried.

  33. #93

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    1) Vintage Tabarome
    2) Selection Verte
    3) Windsor
    4) Bois du Portugal
    5) Green Irish Tweed
    6) Millesime Imperial
    7) Feuille Verte
    8) Aventus
    9) Green Valley
    10) Bois de Santal

  34. #94

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Creed aventus is prob my 2nd favorite very much growing on me, very black peppery with fruity notes of pineapple in background.. Well put together frag. As years go on i see this frag getting mentioned a lot and put down as many peoples favorites.

    Seeing years go on while talking about Aventus would be a miracle indeed.

    I find it a little strange indeed that so many newly-registered posters are so focused on Creeds, particularly on Aventus.

  35. #95

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    LA to Chicago
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    People love to not say Green Irish Tweed, simply because it's so mainstream. But, I'm not afraid to admit.. GIT is simply one of the best fragrances ever made; it's inoffensive, lasts long, smells completely unsynthetic, and is more versatile than anything else on the market.
    Absolutely. GIT is classic Creed and the most versatile of the bunch. I never get tired of it.

  36. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    The creed house is like kobe bryant in b-ball; the most over rated. Yes, they all smell amazing. And are unique, but they severely lacking in the projection and longevity department. I personally think its not worth the $200+ price tag. I dont understand why people spend that amount of money on frags when they are the only one knowing what is it. Its not like buyin a lamborghini where everyone can see it, its a social class sigma, but frags arent like that. Theres plenty of frags out there that will smell just as good as creeds, last longer and project more for a fraction of the price. Spend the money u save on a new suit which will get noticed FIRST.

  37. #97

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by mambac View Post
    The creed house is like kobe bryant in b-ball; the most over rated. Yes, they all smell amazing. And are unique, but they severely lacking in the projection and longevity department. I personally think its not worth the $200+ price tag. I dont understand why people spend that amount of money on frags when they are the only one knowing what is it. Its not like buyin a lamborghini where everyone can see it, its a social class sigma, but frags arent like that. Theres plenty of frags out there that will smell just as good as creeds, last longer and project more for a fraction of the price. Spend the money u save on a new suit which will get noticed FIRST.
    Personally I think they just smell better even if they last less time I would rather wear one of them for 5 hours than a subpar frag for 10+, there are other scents from other houses I like that I feel are better for the winter but for the warm and even moderate temperature it is hard to beat Creed in my opinion.

  38. #98

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    I'm glad I don't have to choose just one fragrance or one house, but truth be told, I could make it nicely on my Creed fragrances alone and have my bases covered well for any occasion (not necessarily in preference order):

    Vintage Tabarome
    Windsor
    Bois du Portugal
    Selection Verte
    Vetiver 1948
    Royal English Leather
    Aventus
    Bois de Santal

  39. #99

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    I have samples of GIT,VIW.Tried GIT didn't last long will be trying it again. Soon will be trying VIW.

  40. #100

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    I'm glad I don't have to choose just one fragrance or one house, but truth be told, I could make it nicely on my Creed fragrances alone and have my bases covered well for any occasion (not necessarily in preference order):

    Vintage Tabarome
    Windsor
    Bois du Portugal
    Selection Verte
    Vetiver 1948
    Royal English Leather
    Aventus
    Bois de Santal
    That's a hell of a wardrobe, I got about 3.4oz of vintage tabarome , I want to find more of it when the time comes I love that scent. I am also a Creed nut.

  41. #101

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Thanks David. Yes, I love many Creeds and have great respect for the house. They also make several scents that I would never wear or purchase. I'm still keeping my eyes and ears open for more VT too. I'm very doubtful that there are any more hidden flacons in the USA. Had I been into fragrance when VT was available, I would have bought enough to last a lifetime. About $5 per ml is the lowest I've seen so far on the secondary market. Weren't the VT flacons something like $345?

    Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    That's a hell of a wardrobe, I got about 3.4oz of vintage tabarome , I want to find more of it when the time comes I love that scent. I am also a Creed nut.
    Last edited by Jazznpool; 5th February 2011 at 07:04 PM.

  42. #102

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Thanks David. Yes, I love several Creeds and have great respect for the house. They also have a few utterly horrible scents IMO. I'm still keeping my eyes and ears open for more VT too. I'm very doubtful that there are any more hidden flacons in the USA. Had I been into fragrance when VT was available, I would have bought enough to last a lifetime. About $5 per ml is the lowest I've seen so far on the secondary market. Weren't the VT flacons something like $345?

    Martin
    Something like that, I have royal english leather, bois du portugal, vetiver 48 and original vetiver, virgin island water, millesime imperial,green irish tweed, acier alumium on top of the vt I have and decants of silver mountain water and aventus. I too wish vt was still made that stuff is wonderful I wonder what original cologne is going to smell like.

  43. #103

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    In no particular order....


    Green Irish Tweed
    Aventus
    MI
    Original Santal
    Bois Du Portugal
    Acier Aluminum
    Original Vetiver
    VIW
    Vetiver 48

    Out of all the creeds that I own, Aventus and Original Santal get me the most Compliments. When I wear Aventus, ladies look at me sideways, that's the honest truth....

  44. #104

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    The best CREED is.....whichever one is to be discontinued next

  45. #105

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Royal Water
    Virgin Island Water
    Original Vetiver
    Original Santal
    Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya
    Acier Aluminium
    Millesime Imperial

  46. #106

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    So since you have been a member since 2006 makes you a specialist. May I add your super member wow !!, get a life buddy try getting out of the house so people besides yourself can smell you . I wear all kinds of fragrances and been wearing creed fragrances for over 15 years BECAUSE its a great fragrance house period.

  47. #107

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Creed aventus is prob my 2nd favorite very much growing on me, very black peppery with fruity notes of pineapple in background.. Well put together frag. As years go on i see this frag getting mentioned a lot and put down as many peoples favorites.

    Seeing years go on while talking about Aventus would be a miracle indeed.

    I find it a little strange indeed that so many newly-registered posters are so focused on Creeds, particularly on Aventus.
    So since you have been a member since 2006 makes you a specialist. May I add your super member wow !!, get a life buddy try getting out of the house so people besides yourself can smell you . I wear all kinds of fragrances and been wearing creed fragrances for over 15 years BECAUSE its a great fragrance house period.

  48. #108

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    LA to Chicago
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Himalaya is a great alternative to Amouage Reflection Man without the waxy vanilla candle drydown

  49. #109

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    The best advice is to get yourself a lot of Creed samples and decide for yourself what you prefer and what you don't.
    I smelled a bunch of them. I ended up buying these 4:

    Green Irish Tweed
    Bois du Portgual
    Vintage Tabarome
    Silver Mountain Water

  50. #110

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    I love all the Creeds in my collection. Right now, the ranking is like this:

    1. Aventus
    2. Bois du Portugal
    3. Tabarome Millesime
    - Erolfa
    -Silver Mountain Water
    -Himalaya
    4. Green Irish Tweed

  51. #111

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Windsor
    Bois du Portugal
    Baie de Genièvre
    Aventus
    Selection Verte
    - Expect the unexpected

  52. #112

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    I find Green Irish Tweed the best from Creed.

  53. #113

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Bois du Portugal is first rate. It's difficult to compare it to any other fragrance because it's so unique.
    It does have a lot in common with New York by PDN, which I personally prefer.

  54. #114

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    It does have a lot in common with New York by PDN, which I personally prefer.
    Hmm.. I have never understand some find those two scents similar. New York has a very prominent powdery make-up purse note. I find BDP much more spicy, warm, and masculine.

  55. #115

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Hmm.. I have never understand some find those two scents similar. New York has a very prominent powdery make-up purse note. I find BDP much more spicy, warm, and masculine.
    Much in common, but two completely different scents I would agree. I prefer NY... but there you are, differences in opinions abound on BN, and that's a good thing. FWIW, I don't get the purse/makeup association at all.

  56. #116

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Millesime Imperial
    Silver Mountain Water
    Aventus
    Green Irish Tweed
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"


    -- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

  57. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    I have to admit that I'm surprised by all the love for BdP. I found it to be a very masculine, crisp, woody fragrance, but nothing to write home about. I can certainly see the appeal of it, though. It says "boardroom scent" to me, but also has vast potential as the best wet shaver's frag ever made. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

  58. #118

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    Creed is underwhelming in my opinion, but the one I like the most is Orange Spice.

  59. #119

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    From what I own:

    Top tier (no order)
    Aventus, Vintage Tabarome, Windsor

    Next Tier
    Acier, REL, GIT, Himalaya, BdP

  60. #120

    Default Re: What's the best CREED Fragrance?

    BdP, GIT and VIW
    Last edited by sailim; 18th April 2011 at 12:52 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Which Creed fragrance do you like best?
    By cologneguy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 4th February 2011, 10:22 PM
  2. Which Creed fragrance should I buy?
    By Frostie in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 31st December 2008, 08:45 PM
  3. Best Creed Fragrance?
    By avfcdamian92 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20th September 2008, 10:23 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18th April 2008, 10:55 AM
  5. Looking for a third creed fragrance...
    By massivemayhem in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28th December 2006, 07:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •