Code of Conduct

Thread: Gym scent

Default Gym scent

I usually just wear Chanel allure homme sport, any suggestions?

Default Re: Gym scent

Personally, I would say nothing to a workout. After the workout, any sport scent or any scent for that matter.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I've tried dior homme sport end up finding my way back to allure homme sport *sigh*

None. Typically, I usually go to work out wearing whatever I had on earlier that day. Sometimes, I will apply a lighter fragrance after the gym like Armani Code Sport if I know I don't have time to shower...
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

I wear anything I feel like. However, I use a light hand and most days, I rush out the door and forget to apply anything. It all depends on how I feel. Fragrance should never be used to cover up B.O. as it's not a substitute for soap. If you must, I've actually gotten compliments on the ADG Essenza and friends draw near when I've worn Bleu de channel and MI. I've also liked Light Blue by DG and others. Again, most days I don't wear anything, but sometimes I do. I've even worn Spice and Wood all the way to Eternity.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I often wear something light and refreshing, like a traditional Eau de Cologne (Chanel, Cologne Sologne), or some of the vintage low concentration things that I have. Lush Dirty body spray is another frequent go-to. As others were saying, one really needs a light hand.

cacio

Something light with one spray on the center of the chest. It will diffuse smoothly during the entire workout.

Maybe some Bvlgari Aqva or as suggested above, Armani Code Sport.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Yes, don't come to my gym.

Like almost all of these threads (and it comes up pretty regularly), don't put on a scent to go to the gym. OK, I understand if you still have your scent of the day on when you go into the gym later or if you want to douse yourself with scent after you workout (and shower).

Please no calone bombs. I don't want to deal with the pervasive diffusion of calone coming from aquatics like Bvlgari Aqva or ADG while I'm lifting.
    I may forgive someone with a traditional eau de cologne considering how natural they tend to smell, and the fact that they disappear pretty quickly.
    Just say no to oniomania.

I don't go to a gym, and if I did, I likely wouldn't wear anything. However, I do use cologne when I'm by myself out jogging/walking. It's no different enjoying my scent in that situation than anywhere else I go.

I have several inexpensive colognes that I use for this. I'd never waste an expensive one to wear while exercising.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Personally, not using any fragrance either during workouts, this is also (my) likeliest recommendation.

Maybe I'm odd, but I'd rather smell another person's sweat than another person's sweat layered with some 'fresh' fragrance.

At the gym? Do everyone a favor and don't wear any!

Default Gym scent

I'm with all those who say "don't". Its ok if you have something on from earlier but triggering up for workout is another thing on my book.

Personally, one of the factors I consider in the morning when choosing scent actually is if I'm - and what - going to train later

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

I don't apply when going to the gym, I find that whatever I was wearing earlier that day, or the night before is reanimated when I start to exercise. Especially Pure Malt.

Hear hear on not wanting to smell calone mixed with sweat. Actually, that's funny, because it sort of leaves the whole "Sport" fragrance concept looking even more silly, doesn't it? ("Wear this because you're SPORTY, but it doesn't smell good when you actually play SPORTS.")

I always spray before the gym, but very light. What I wear: 1-2 sprays of Nautica Voyage, Issey Miyake Summer, Insurrection Pure, Dior Homme Sport, Mugler Cologne or Guerlain Homme L'eau. That's basically my gym collection.

And as a side note, even though I am wearing cologne I smell 10x more subtle than the average tool at my gym that enjoys wearing 15 sprays of Axe Body Spray, thinking that they are going to pick up girls on the way up the stairs like in the commercials. Little do they know they smell like a mixture of car freshener, Glade air freshener and bad candles.

I really don't see all the fuss about never wearing cologne to the gym or having it mix with sweat and smell terrible. I have had several compliments at the gym, and never a negative. Maybe if you don't shower or have regularly rank smelling sweat from a bad diet you shouldn't cover it up with cologne, but otherwise I think it's fair game.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Polo Blue , Nautica Voyage , L' eau D'Issey , Blue Seduction

Never ever ever wear cologne to the gym and I can't stand when others do. It's far too intrusive given the environment. The worst is when you're on a treadmill and some lady next to you is wearing some god awful powdery fragrance.

Usually a sport fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    I really don't see all the fuss about never wearing cologne to the gym or having it mix with sweat and smell terrible. I have had several compliments at the gym, and never a negative.
    J, if you think about it, you probably never get a negative at all -- I mean, how many times do you smell someone wearing way too much perfume, and say something to them? Probably never. So you probably wouldn't get a negative, even if everyone around you is a little irritated. Especially at the gym, where the testosterone level can be high... hell, I"ve had a guy mean-mug me because I asked him to take his water bottle off a bench I wanted to use (evidently, his water bottle should be able to use the bench). So, like most people, I'm unlikely to say anything unless your cologne is super strong, and you're working out in my area. [trying to resist the temptation to add: "although I doubt someone who sprays too much perfume on to go to the gym, is using the power rack" ]. But I do think it's crazy rude. On the other hand, if you're only putting on "very light", chances are I'll smell it barely or not at all. But for some guys on this forum, "very light" means only 4 sprays

Maybe if you don't shower or have regularly rank smelling sweat from a bad diet you shouldn't cover it up with cologne, but otherwise I think it's fair game.
    I think that's unrealistic. People working hard will work up a sweat, some more than others, and it doesn't have to be "rank" for others to smell it. Unless you're working out at Planet Fitness, even people who shower and eat well might smell like sweat while working out hard.
    Last edited by Uvalde; 22nd June 2014 at 07:14 PM.

It used to be hillfiger athletics for years as my after workout refresher. I always loved that fragrance after the gym. But I recently ran out and it's discontinued. Nowadays I really enjoy spraying on some Platinum Eqoiste after a workout but even more recently I have been using this $7 dollar spray that is an EXACT replica of Fierce called Bod Most Wanted. It is cheap and I don't feel like i'm wasting a good Chanel after a workout. I just like the PE, Fierce type scents after sport. Makes me feel rejuvenated and beastly lol.

Basenotes Junkie

While working out? Whatever is left on me from the day's wear. After i like a citrus scent, usually kenzo eau 2 kenzo.

Rick

If you wear a fragrance to the gym, it should smell like soap. The objective should be to smell inoffensively pleasant and clean, so you want a fragrance with a minimum of "personality."

Prada Infusion d'Iris or Gendarme come to mind.

Wearing a proper fragrance to the gym is a bit like putting your work out music on speaker - its a bit obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Something light with one spray on the center of the chest. It will diffuse smoothly during the entire workout.
    This. If you feel the need to spray one light spray of something clean/citrus/fresh should be ok.

Oftentimes, as said before, whatever you've had on from earlier in the day will come to life again due to your body heat rising anyway.

For me, the problem is smelling huge projecting perfumes while at the gym...I've never really smelled a guy wearing a scent while working out. However, I have ran on the treadmill next to quite a few women that felt the need fog out everyone withing a 15ft radius...they clearly had sprayed right before hopping on the treadmill. It was extremely unsettling trying to run a 8 minute mile gasping in deep breaths of Victoria's Secret Perfume of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    I really don't see all the fuss about never wearing cologne to the gym or having it mix with sweat and smell terrible.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

​scented Degree extreme edition Deodorant...that's wassup
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SokheunPom View Post
    I usually just wear Chanel allure homme sport, any suggestions?
    Fragrance, at the gym? Don't be "That Cologne Guy"!

A decent deodorant is all that you want to have on at the gym. Full stop. No fragrances.

This,

Aqua Fitness (2000) by Biotherm

I agree with both who say "wear nothing" and also those who say "if your gonna wear something, make it a light frag with one spray to the chest and that's all"

This is an interesting topic. I'm just getting back into wearing fragrances after over a decade of a break. This is my first post on BN. Well, I'm for wearing a very light amount of fragrance going into the Gym. Not really noticeable but to yourself. It gets me through the odious changing room smells. Then when your up on the treadmill and sweating its pretty much gone instantly. I think this approach is acceptable and won't annoy your neighbours. The trick is to use a very small amount of light edt. After your session and shower I think its a different story. It's all out fragrance war in there! Vaporise at will. Edt and endorphins, now that's a good combination :-)

Welcome EricC!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Welcome EricC!
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

Usually nothing, or the remnants of what I wore earlier in the day.

That said, Mugler Cologne works great when you sweat.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I applied one spray to the wrist of Eternity and dabbed on to the other wrist. This was excellent for the gym and all that was needed. Eternity is somewhat a powerhouse on me. I only caught pleasant whiffs when my hands where near my nose such as in the case of wide-grip lat pull-ups.

Another vote for Gendarme.
    Gendarme Green would be my fav but any of them will do.

I love wearing Prada Infusion D'homme to the gym..smells so clean even when Im sweating bullets.. its like a cloud of freshness over my body..your not gonna offend anybody with this one...other good ones: Bvlgari Aqva Marine,Mugler Cologne, Nautica Voyage,Ck Eternity, Polo blue, Versace man Eau Fraiche or Versace Pour homme.. I've tried Dior Homme Sport 2012 in gym and it lasted well after my workout but even with 1-2 sprays it was cloying (too spicy)..

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally, I would say nothing to a workout. After the workout, any sport scent or any scent for that matter.
    Absolutely.

Even my deodorant gets very cloying while I'm focused on breathing (cardio) or strength (lifting).

After a workout is the best time all my fragrances project on me. I love to wear Blue Seduction. Fruity, very fresh, and light.
    Never leave the house without six sprays.

http://www.fragrantica.com/member/782944/

My Lucky 7:
    1. Black XS
    2. Body Kouros
    3. 1 Million
    4. Rochas Man
    5. Black Orchid
    6. Truth or Dare Naked
    7. Villain for Women

I once sprayed about 10 sprays of Versace Baby Blue Jeans and went to the gym to run on the treadmill. I got a few looks and I don't use anything like that anymore.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Slightly off-topic, but here goes:
    My gym is the hard core version of 4 owned by the same guy. One of the ohers closes for summer and we get spill over. Mainly hipsters, crossfitters and cardio queens - man, the amount of cologne/perfum in the air when this brigade shows up

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

Kouros.
    Tobacco Vanille.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

Go with a body spray. They're easy to pack in a bag, easy to apply, and won't choke anyone out including yourself. First and foremost look at the situation and use common sense.

I wear fresh scents with below/ average projection and would never wear any Amouage, Bond, and Montale to the gym.

So you do gym also, CapriDog I usually wear perfumes go to gym. Scents are fresh, light, or minty are my choice. For example: Annick Goutal eau de Sud, Guerlain Herba Fresca, Guerlain Madarine Basil, Thierry Mugler Cologne.

...some cedar based scent like Tam Dao: cedar smells more like sweat than sweat itself so this might be a fine option for an intensive workout...

Dirty body spray by Lush or the new YSL L'Homme Sport

Stuff like some of the Adidas is tailor made for this - wearing "nice" stuff just seems strange to me - also as silentrich mentioned - perfect place to just use a bit of light body spray such as one of the fresher AXE, Old Spice or Adidas ones - it's ok, your skin will not melt off if any of this canned stuff touches your body nor will anyone run screaming from the room

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post
    So you do gym also, CapriDog I usually wear perfumes go to gym. Scents are fresh, light, or minty are my choice. For example: Annick Goutal eau de Sud, Guerlain Herba Fresca, Guerlain Madarine Basil, Thierry Mugler Cologne.
    Hi Chocolateguy,

Yes, I do

I'll check out the scents you mentioned

I usually spray a couple of sprays of neroli portofino out of my gym bag before a workout just so I'm smelling at my best.

On a side note I hate the guys who spray tons of Axe/ Lynx body spray after a workout in the changing rooms. Now that I am into fine fragrances that stuff smells so cheap and nasty. I can't understand why a fully grown man would wear that!
    Last edited by rollzst; 27th June 2014 at 11:33 PM.
    Top 5 current fragrances:

1. Creed spice and wood
    2. Creed Jardin d'amalfi
    3. Creed pure white cologne
    4. Bond no 9 fire island
    5. Bond no 9 sag harbor
    * Also loving Montauk

I don't wear a fragrance to the gym. I'm there to make gains not smell pretty. Also, considering heat intensifies fragrances you will most likely end up being, "THAT GUY." Honestly don't wear anything to the gym IMO. Going to the gym is about working your ass off and maintaining an animalistic mentality, nothings better than the release of your natural pheromones.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.