Code of Conduct

Default just received my first creed

Hello, I recently purchased my first Creed (millesime imperial) online from Midtown Perfumes for a fairly good price ($105) and received it today. With all the talk about fake Creeds and taking into account the favorable price of the fragrance, I just wanted to get a few responses from the kind folks here so my conscience will be free. Unfortunately I don't know what the fragrance is SUPPOSED to smell like since this was a blind buy and I've never smelled it before. The bottle is 4oz and it's the new clear bottle. Based on what I've gathered from this site, the clear bottles seem to be safe from counterfeit. Is this really the case or should I still be looking for certain signs and details that may render my bottle a counterfeit? I guess I can always take it to Neiman Marcus and maybe do a comparison or ask the salesperson. I appreciate any inputs/responses. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: just received my first creed

It's real.

Post Thanks / Like

Amir-8 posts since august 2006! your are indeed the Basenotes Monk of the last 5 years. I hope your bottle is authentic.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Thanks to both of you. And yes lol, although I do not post frequently I visit this site quite regularly. I typically just lurk in the shadows and learn from the wisdom that emanates from all the discussions

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds real to me, MI is a critically acclaimed successor!

Enjoy it!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Post Thanks / Like

All the Creed counterfeit talk can drive you batty when you're first getting into them. If it's a reputable business, odds are it's real.

The other thing they can make people nuts with Creeds is that there is a fair amount of difference for some discerning noses from one bottle to the next. i.e. The bottle of MI you're using now may smell slightly different than the next bottle you buy.

I had it happen with GIT that I purchased from Nieman Marcus, so I know there's no chance of a fake involved.

The bigger question I always have is where do businesses like Midtown Perfumes and a similar place I go to in Beverly Hills get the Creeds they sell and why can they sell them so much cheaper? That confuses me.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 19th January 2010 at 03:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

^Shouldn't.
    They either get old stock, b-stock, or just keep their profit margin much lower.