Code of Conduct

Default Help Rounding my sample Fragrance experience

Thought i would ask for a few suggestions from some experience noses to well round my soon to be sample collection. In case your curious, I'm a twenty four year old male and the only fragrance i"ve ever wore often is Sean John's Unforgivable.
    So far I've decided on samples of
    Tauer Perfumes L'air du Desert Marocain
    L'Artisan Tea for Two

I'm also looking for a excellent vetiver, and had decided on Lalique Encre Noir but theperfumecourt only has the Eau de Toilette (Unisex version).

next i thought i would change it up with a fragrance that would fit well with the warmer months, and was thinking maybe Creed's Erolfa or possibly Yves Saint Laurent Opium Eau d'Orient Poesie de Chine(the only opium eau d'orient theperfumecourt has).

Any help or suggestions?

Dependent

Default Re: Help Rounding my sample Fragrance experience

I love Tea for Two! Btw I think Encre Noire only comes in EDT. http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...ENCRENOIR.aspx - based on the description, I am pretty sure the one in the link is the regular Encre Noire (not pour elle).The one marketed for women is Encre Noire Pour Elle. For vetivers, try also The Different Company's Sel de Vetiver. Creed Erolfa is a great aquatic, you may also like to sample Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme.
    Last edited by MFJ; 6th January 2010 at 04:32 PM.

I agree that the Perfumed Court is a great place to start in general. They've developed a pretty comprehensive variety of starter kits for fragrance beginners. I've read complaints about the cost, but I think they're reasonable and frankly, they are a small operation offering a product and service that isn't found anywhere else, and they do it well. I think of their products as lessons as well as fragrance experiences, and knowledge is priceless.

Blog Entries

Can't help you much wickedbrewing, but I wanted to welcome you to Basenotes. You too Chinoiserie from a fellow North Carolinian.

Thanks for the welcome golfer. Excited to have found this community and extra excited that there is a fellow North Carolinian here.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Chinoiserie View Post
    I agree that the Perfumed Court is a great place to start in general. They've developed a pretty comprehensive variety of starter kits for fragrance beginners. I've read complaints about the cost, but I think they're reasonable and frankly, they are a small operation offering a product and service that isn't found anywhere else, and they do it well. I think of their products as lessons as well as fragrance experiences, and knowledge is priceless.
    I totally agree. TPC is a good enabler when you're starting out on this journey.

wickedbrewing,
    Encre Noire is excellent. Another is Vetiver Extraordinaire by Frederic Malle.
    But these can be a little too dry for some, so you could also consider grassier renditions like Lanvin Vetyver.

To the both of you, welcome to Basenotes!
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 7th January 2010 at 06:44 PM.