Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Creed Windsor & Sublime Vanille- my review

I just posted my review of the two latest by Creed here:

http://bit.ly/78FlHN

I like both of them quite a bit but I am especially impressed by Windsor. The more I wear it the more I feel this might be one of Creed's best masculine fragrances.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: Creed Windsor & Sublime Vanille- my review

Excellent reviews as always.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I like both of them quite a bit but I am especially impressed by Windsor. The more I wear it the more I feel this might be one of Creed's best masculine fragrances.
    +1 Tried it a couple days ago - truly wonderful juice. Just wish the missus liked it as much as I did...

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review SMM.

I don't get quite as much eucalyptus as you (and many others here on BN) mention...not nearly as much as the Scent One: Hinoki. It's there...humming along but not jumping out at me. Maybe my eucalyptus threshold is too high?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the writeups. I believe Sublime Vanille isn't getting its due here - it really is a technically impressive fragrance and one of the most slick (and unisex) vanilla fragrances in quite some time.
    -

Very well done. Agree completely with the Windsor review. Now anxious to try vanille. . .

Thanks for the write-ups.

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely zoned in to and appreciated your comments on Windsor. Gotta try that soon, I have a sample. Thanks for the very insightful and well-written review.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, great reviews! I'm fascinated by your longevity experience with Windsor! This fragrance is amazingly skin-sensitive, and it shows by one more instance of variability. I also like how you find the eucalyptus is going through to the base. I had noticed it mostly in the topnotes, but I need to go back and dissect it out of the base for a better judgment of the cedar. Thanks for noticing that.

[PS - Let it never be said that I never disagreed with anything in your reviews, but I must. The title is missing the "t" in "Not". What can I say - my inner editor. But I'll make up for it by saying great job again, for putting these scents in so much context, and for.... ]

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Thanks for the writeups. I believe Sublime Vanille isn't getting its due here - it really is a technically impressive fragrance and one of the most slick (and unisex) vanilla fragrances in quite some time.
    Well, I think Mark did a great job convincing me how good it is, and I am definitely going out of my way to sniff when it gets in the neighborhood. This floral vanilla aspect is quite exciting. Suddenly I see why you've been championing this one.

Finally, I want to say something else which echoes the review of Windsor. We complain so bitterly about "major" perfumers (niche or designer) staying safe. Windsor is not safe. It doesn't even go for the diva safety of Amouage, which does "wall of fragrance" so well (I do love Amouage - don't get me wrong. They're my next love shack). No - Windsor's a quiet little thing - but brilliant in its non-pompous, goofy/classy-as-true-royalty elegance.

I am very interested in the heritage of Windsor. I would trade my entire stock of "vintage" Tabarôme for a single sniff of the original Windsor juice - even if spoiled by time. That would, gladly, be my "Scent Trek in Time".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Finally, I want to say something else which echoes the review of Windsor. We complain so bitterly about "major" perfumers (niche or designer) staying safe. Windsor is not safe. It doesn't even go for the diva safety of Amouage, which does "wall of fragrance" so well (I do love Amouage - don't get me wrong. They're my next love shack). No - Windsor's a quiet little thing - but brilliant in its non-pompous, goofy/classy-as-true-royalty elegance.
    Couldn't agree more with that. I don't know how true the back story is, or isn't. Or care.
    I can't envision anyone coming up with this in 2010. Or maybe I should say anyone other than Creed.

Reveled in wearing it today. So opulent and quiet.

Windsor's a quiet little thing - but brilliant in its non-pompous, goofy.........elegance.
    I'm a Goofy Goober!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I categorically agree with this. Sublime Vanille struck me every time I wore it at how well-composed a fragrance it is.
    The thing that gets me is Creed releases two fragrances right on top of each other that are among the best they've done for the last few years.
    I am hoping this is the beginning of a renaissance for the House and not an anomaly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

r it by saying great job again, for putting these scents in so much context, and for.... ]

Honestly I go even a little further than you, niche houses like Creed should have the courage to be less "safe".That is why I am actually pretty pleased with these last three Creed releases starting with Acqua Fiorentina. I think all of them have shown an ability to use the advantages a niche house has in composing a perfume.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto
    Windsor's a quiet little thing - but brilliant in its non-pompous, goofy.........elegance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I'm a Goofy Goober!
    LMAO

Yes, those cute little royals with their little stick-out ears and silly story-book fashions - like they just walked out of a Miyazaki movie - I just want to pinch their rosy-red cheeks and give the a good noogie! (...and spend a little time in the holding cells at Scotland Yard, while I'm at it! )