Code of Conduct

Default Tropical florals!!!

Hello I'm in the mood for tropical florals.Any suggestions?
    So far my favourites are Montale's Intense Tiare,Monyette Paris,Chantecaille Frangipane,
    Parfumerie Tiki Tiare,Child.

Default Re: Tropical florals!!!

Have you ever tried the Monoi Yves Rocher has? That's what I call tropical!!! And for a good price too...

Blog Entries

Pacifica Waikiki Pikake! Not expensive and deliciously tropical.

Sur la Plage

Coquette Tropique by Monyette Paris

Notes include Hibiscus, Gardenia, Plumeria, French Anjou pear and Madagascar vanilla.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Les Nez Manomoulia. Super-niche; she lives in the South Pacific and this scent is a tribute to her island home, New Caledonia. Expensive, but the higher-end discounters may offer samples (or TPC).

Ormonde Jayne Frangipani. I hear their Tiare is great too, although I haven't tried it.

Penhaglion's new Amaranthine -- a complicated tropical animalic by Duchafour.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    Have you ever tried the Monoi Yves Rocher has? That's what I call tropical!!! And for a good price too...
    2nd! This is beautiful, I love this, especially in the winter. I like to layer it with Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia and Monyette Paris. All three together is intoxicating. Also love to take a tiny amount of YR Monoi oil and put in my hair after a shower or at bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Coquette Tropique by Monyette Paris

Notes include Hibiscus, Gardenia, Plumeria, French Anjou pear and Madagascar vanilla.
    I am going to bite the bullet and get this one. I adore the Monyette so much, and this sounds delicious.

Adding Guerlain Mahora to the tropical floral list. I also find JM Vintage Gardenia and Creed Tubereuse Indiana lush white florals, maybe tropical...
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Basenotes Plus

Great suggestions; I'll add Annick Goutal Songes and Serge Lutens Datura Noir.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

+1 for Ormonde Jayne Frangipanie
    Kai is very tropical for me
    Looking forward to try Amaranthine :-)

Lovely blend with a touch of pineapple.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

How about Guerlain AA Tiare-Mimosa? Ever so pretty.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

I'd suggest Beyond Paradise for a clean tropical floral and if you are brave enough there is always Mahora by Guerlain which is very tropical and floral.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Saffron James has four fumes, each dedicated to a different tropical flower. I've tried two, Nani and Le'a; both are beautiful. Here's a link to descriptions of all four. http://www.beautyhabit.com/saffronjames.html

There is also a discontinued Avon fume called Lahana that's very pretty; it reminds me of the Saffron James line (or vice versa, since this one's older), for $$ less a bottle. You can usually get it on ebay for under $35. Right now there are quite a few available.

Oooh, definitely Manoumalia, as PB01 has mentioned already. I loved it on first sniff and it cannot be mistaken for anything other than a tropical frag. It's not OTT or overly sweet/icky tho like some tropicals can be - it has a very humid, lush quality to it.

3xasif - can you tell me what you think of Coquette Tropique when you try it? I have a long-standing love affair with Monyette and tried the CT based on that. I ended up not liking it at all. It was too sweet and candyish and to me, it screamed bubblegum and 14 year olds. I was disappointed, to say the least.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

+1 Les Nez Manomoulia!

Hello!Thank you all!You are most helpfull like always!
    To LedByMyNose:I've tried Coquette Tropique and it was too bublegummy
    for my tastes!I love Monyette though!

Quote Originally Posted by PB101 View Post
    Les Nez Manomoulia. Super-niche; she lives in the South Pacific and this scent is a tribute to her island home, New Caledonia. Expensive, but the higher-end discounters may offer samples (or TPC).

Ormonde Jayne Frangipani. I hear their Tiare is great too, although I haven't tried it.

Good choices, all! I love Tiare but don't get too much of a tropical floral in it. I smell more in the vein of EL Jasm & white moss/Cristalle, although it is incredibly gorgeous, nonetheless!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

And + another for Manoumalia. There is nothing in this genre that matches it.

Anything by Saffron James (big-time love!!!), OJ's new Tiare, Reminiscence Do Re, Lilly Pulitzer Beachy...
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

LedByMyNose and Maya....well you have both made me think I better test this one before buying blind. I adore Monyette and it would seem that CT gets lots of "too sweet" reviews. Bummer.

Will let you know what happens....
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Blog Entries

3xasif, I didn't care for Coquette Tropique either-- same reasons as already given. Try it first.

I love and recommend Manoumalia, too. But start with a small sample--some reviewers on Makeup Alley who were fans of tropical florals like Monyette did not like Manoumalia. I picked up a distinct "dirt" note which I love and which offsets the sweetness of the florals, but is not to everyone's tastes.

+1 on Waikiki Pikake, Kai, and Saffron James.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Basenotes Institution

You gotta try Ava Luxe's Gardenia Musk perfume ( now as an oil )
    I respect LesNez's Manoumalia but I really would not wear it myself.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 8th January 2010 at 04:42 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I respect LesNez's Manoumalia but I really would not wear it myself.
    I can't wear Manoumalia either, I keep getting something meaty out of the big bomb of white florals

Quote Originally Posted by PB101 View Post

I hear their Tiare is great too, although I haven't tried it.

I too want to try Tiare, I just hope it doesn't have the Iso overload that ramps up the volume of her other scents...

OK my interest is piqued by your description of Amaranthine- complicated tropical animalic!! That sounds wonderful!
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I love and recommend Manoumalia, too. But start with a small sample--some reviewers on Makeup Alley who were fans of tropical florals like Monyette did not like Manoumalia. I picked up a distinct "dirt" note which I love and which offsets the sweetness of the florals, but is not to everyone's tastes.
    The dirt note was my favourite part !

Basenotes Institution

Manoumaila made me feel sick ,I am afraid and love big lush floral scents. Manoumalia made me feel icky.

Jo Malone's Vintage Gardenia is fab as 3xasif has said and so is JM's Tuberose .
    Carnal Flower is wonderfully juicy too .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th January 2010 at 11:48 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

These are all wonderful ideas.
    Might I add: Bond Fire Island.