Code of Conduct

Default Confirmed: Philtre d'Amour and Attrape-Cur will retire

I posted this on the men's board, but I guess it really belongs here...

Lately, we've read in different places that Guerlain will discontinue Philtre d'Amour, Attrape-Cur and Liu. Especially Philtre d'Amour is loved by many men on BN.

Today, I got it confirmed that Philtre d'Amour and Attrape-Cur will retire, while Liu stays in production.

The SA agreed that the new stricter oakmoss rules could be the cause, and she further told that the reason that Guerlain goes a long way to keep Mitsouko on the market and not the exclusive scents, is that the latter sell to little to cover the costs of the reformulation work. So what about Derby? I forgot to ask about that one. Does it contain a lower level of oakmoss? One wouldn't say by smelling it. The SA also told that the Guerlain staff deeply regrets all the Parisiennes discontinuations since people from time to time still ask for Quand Vient l't and Plus Que Jamais...

Nuit d'Amour will join the Parisiennes after summer 2010.

So on to the stocking up! One Parisienne is 155 Euros without the atomizer.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Confirmed: Philtre d'Amour and Attrape-Cœur will retire

Mr.Guerlain; Would you suggest that perhaps it is time to stock up on Mitsouko, even though there is not anything official about further reformulation? If I got caught without at least a lifetimes supply of the stuff I would have a stroke. Am I addicted to Mitsouko? Wellll yaaa! when I die they will have to pry my bottle of Mitsouko from these cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    I posted this on the men's board, but I guess it really belongs here...

Lately, we've read in different places that Guerlain will discontinue Philtre d'Amour, Attrape-Cœur and Liu. Especially Philtre d'Amour is loved by many men on BN.

Today, I got it confirmed that Philtre d'Amour and Attrape-Cœur will retire, while Liu stays in production.

The SA agreed that the new stricter oakmoss rules could be the cause, and she further told that the reason that Guerlain goes a long way to keep Mitsouko on the market and not the exclusive scents, is that the latter sell to little to cover the costs of the reformulation work. So what about Derby? I forgot to ask about that one. Does it contain a lower level of oakmoss? One wouldn't say by smelling it. The SA also told that the Guerlain staff deeply regrets all the Parisiennes discontinuations since people from time to time still ask for Quand Vient l't and Plus Que Jamais...

Nuit d'Amour will join the Parisiennes after summer 2010.

So on to the stocking up! One Parisienne is 155 Euros without the atomizer.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 8th January 2010 at 04:22 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Confirmed: Philtre d'Amour and Attrape-Cur will retire

Helg at Perfumeshrine reassured me recently that Mitsouko will indeed remain because it is No.1 in Japan . Mr. Guerlain- please correct me if I am wrong - but I assume that Oakmoss has already been removed from or in minute amounts in the new reformulated (by Eduoard Flechier) extrait . Only tree moss is listed on it ?

After my initial sadness about Mitsouko being different after the reformulations I have to say that Edward Flechier did do an excellent job on the new extrait version. I am quite happy with it now. As with everything a period of adjustment is needed and then it is Mitsouko to me.

I respect Guerlain's decision not to play around with formulae and to discontinue- this is the honorable way to go . If for some reason the oakmoss restriction is reversed ,then I am sure we would all be delighted if Guerlain re introduced the scents.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 8th January 2010 at 04:26 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Default Re: Confirmed: Philtre d'Amour and Attrape-Cur will retire

Ah sad news. I had heard that perhaps Plus Que Jamais might remain as a Parisienne.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Default Re: Confirmed: Philtre d'Amour and Attrape-Cœur will retire

Only know that those two are discontinued, all the oakmoss thing is pure speculation, but nothing wrong with stocking up

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Mr.Guerlain; Would you suggest that perhaps it is time to stock up on Mitsouko, even though there is not anything official about further reformulation? If I got caught without at least a lifetimes supply of the stuff I would have a stroke. Am I addicted to Mitsouko? Wellll yaaa! when I die they will have to pry my bottle of Mitsouko from these cold dead hands.