Code of Conduct

Default Paco has hit the big time with 1 Million !

This is one of his most successful scent in some time since his original Paco Homme back in the 70's

Check out what he and Puig is doing for it's one year birthday!

http://moodiereport.com/document.php...9&doc_id=22777

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Paco has hit the big time with 1 Million !

An expensive, fancy bottle with a crappy fragrance inside of it. Clive Christian has already done that.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm truly surprised it's successful, for one it's not even sold in the US, second, it's gotten generally horrible reviews. Who buys this crap?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I'm truly surprised it's successful, for one it's not even sold in the US, second, it's gotten generally horrible reviews. Who buys this crap?
    Yeah, it seems such a bizarre move. Of all houses why Paco and of all Paco scents, why One Million? Then again there are people who buy things because they are expensive. Just seems like a cheap way of making audacious profit. I tend to lose respect for such efforts. Just my 2 cents worth.

for one it's not even sold in the US
    And, you're point would be ...?

it's gotten generally horrible reviews
    From whom? Can you reference these reviews?

Here on Basenotes there are 40 reviews, 18 which are positive, 14 neutral, 8 negative.

The three reviews on Amazon each give it 5 stars. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XQ1X4G

A number of reviews at Fragranica which seem to be largely in favour of the fragrance
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/P...lion-3747.html

It's called marketing. How about all those people who buy McDonalds and Burger King and flavoured coffee at Starbucks ? Who are they ?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    It's called marketing.
    I do suspect that may be mtgprox05's main sentiments also.. the whole marketing scheme used here to create the novelty just seems a little over board, though like I said earlier, there are sure to be people who would buy it, without doubt, and I suspect not mainly for the scent. Anyways Dr_Rudi, I entirely respect your opinions, I just thought I'd share my 2 cents, not to challenge or debate, hope you understand.
    Last edited by MFJ; 7th January 2010 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    An expensive, fancy bottle with a crappy fragrance inside of it. Clive Christian has already done that.
    Here, here! I still say the best thing about this scent was the bare-chested dandy in the launch ads.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'll give it credit in the longevity department. Otherwise, not my type of fragrance. I have insulted 1 Million before on the board, but it is not as bad as ( I ) made it out to be. It is definetly a clubbing type scent, if there ever was such as thing. Starts off kinda "bubble-gum" like, and settles into a pleasant sweet accord. But not my type of fragrance, that is for sure.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

1 Million is a big hit over here in Europe... the marketing of 1 Million is quite a big factor as to why every man is taking it off the shelves and buying it. I like it, I think most men I've come across like it equally... I do not know why it's not sold in America which I find strange, but if it was, it'd sell crazy over in America I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    And, you're point would be ...?

From whom? Can you reference these reviews?

Here on Basenotes there are 40 reviews, 18 which are positive, 14 neutral, 8 negative.

The three reviews on Amazon each give it 5 stars. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XQ1X4G

A number of reviews at Fragranica which seem to be largely in favour of the fragrance
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/P...lion-3747.html

It's called marketing. How about all those people who buy McDonalds and Burger King and flavoured coffee at Starbucks ? Who are they ?
    When I was writing my initial comment, I knew someone would take umbrage with my not sold in the US comment, and was debating whether or not to include it, but eventually decided for it. I try not to be one of the self-centered Americans, "oh the world revolves around me" mentality, but it can't be denied the US is a MAJOR force, if not the number one driving force, in the global economy. It's undeniable, and to completely exclude a product, from being sold here, seems to me like a death wish for said product. Now, obviously, that isn't the case, because this is doing successful, it was just me thinking out loud.

And regarding the "reviews", I'm sorry, I put damn near ZERO weight in the opinions on Fragrantica and Amazon, those on BN is a different story. Considering, the vast majority of reviews in our directory, are by NON-forum contributing members, where the designer fragrances are far better received, I find the ration you post quite poor for a designer release. Plus, there have been numerous forum members, who quite clearly hold allegiance with designer fragrance calling this stuff crap.

As for the people that buy flavored coffee at Starbucks (me), and McDonalds and Burger King, perhaps they are people without much time for anything better?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Vojskovođa View Post
    1 Million is a big hit over here in Europe... the marketing of 1 Million is quite a big factor as to why every man is taking it off the shelves and buying it. I like it, I think most men I've come across like it equally... I do not know why it's not sold in America which I find strange, but if it was, it'd sell crazy over in America I suspect.
    I think it would be a big hit at the Jersey Shore.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

this is a year old over here lol

In the right mood, I quite enjoy this one.

Success is due to the marketing campaign. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xZwezMxwao

Actaully as a mainstream designer type thing, I thought it was pretty good.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Ok then, I guess I was wrong. However, perhaps you guys just haven't voiced your opinion when it's come up before? I generally see nothing but negative remarks.

I bought this blindly. At the time of buying, I didn't give a hoot what the inside smells like. Just the bottle is worth the buy and kudos to the designers and great marketing.

The juice is not amazing, but it is not terrible. It smells like how it looks. It is 1 million after all. It's designed to stop, shock and scandal you.

The campaign might have helped, but it's definitely not the only reason.

First, you have the eye catching bottle which cannot be ignored when you walk into the store. It jumps right at you.
    Secondly, the synthetic sweetness that just wins over the untrained nose (and let's face it, 90% of the customers have no idea what is a "note" in a fragrance).
    Thirdly, it has great longevity and sillage, which cannot be denied.

Personally, I don't care for it.

Sampled it when it came out and decided I could live without it. It is nice, however, to see the venerable and somewhat stodgy folks at Puig putting their name out there again. It's been a long, long time since they've been associated with not just a winner, but, well, anything.

Its sold at sun moon in chula vista California.

Default Remarkable

Thanks for the info - I saw it everywhere prominently displayed in Europe a few months back, and was wondering if it had had a resurgence. Just goes to show how little marketers in department stores know.

Down here it was released straight into the discount Chemist stores - where, unlike others, it's price never dropped from it's original lowish price relative to the full priced scents in department stores.

After its unexpected (by them) popularity it finally showed up in the department stores.

I recollect writing favourably about 1 Million here at the time - it's not one of those subtle, "I'm not here" or "I hope I don't offend you" scents.

Hopefully, it may lead the turn around from the politically correct "Less is more - on a man (but not on a woman)" notion that seems to have pervaded the scene the last half dozen years.
    Cheers,
    Renato

It's not totally unavailable in the U.S.....I picked it up at the Minneapolis International Terminal Duty Free store, although I did have to pay duty because I was traveling within the states.

why does this fragrance get so much hate? I think its quite a nice fragrance and there is a reason its so popular in europe, its because its a good fragrance.

Dependent

^ I guess it is not really hate per se, but more that some of us, or at least I, didn't take too well the glorification of mediocrity (very subjective).