Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    Hey all,


    after looking into this fragrance, I'm really interested in putting my hands on it. the only thing though is that i can't seem to find it anywhere. when looking online, its ridiculously expensive, the only two online stores that was reasonable where BeatyEncounter at 100$ (sold out) and PerfumeNetwork at 125$ (also sold out). So my question is this, can anyone direct me to a place where i can find this? Whether it's a physical store in Montreal (let me know the price as I'm not expecting to pay more then 125-150$ or an online store that ships to Montreal.

    Thanks guys

    Mike

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    TV is an expensive fragrance and there's little getting around it. The thread nsamadi linked to is for a split, where someone buys a large bottle and splits it with a few other people. You end up with a cheap bottle but the same quantity of fragrance for well below retail. In this case, 50ml for $105 vs $180 retail. It's really the best way to go if you don't want to spend full price.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    There are no cheap supplies of this particular fragrance. A split is the best way to go.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    Fair enough, thanks for the responses. As for physical stores in Montreal, where can i at least find it so i can have a whiff of this and compare costs? anyone?

    Mike

  6. #6

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    Holt Renfrew has the entire Private Blend line.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    There are no cheap supplies of this particular fragrance. A split is the best way to go.
    +1 Exactly. Also, keep your eyes open for deals on the BST.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    cool, do you know how much they go for?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeZ View Post
    cool, do you know how much they go for?
    i meant for the line at Holt

  10. #10

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    I could be mistaken, but I think the larger 250ml bottle was $450 or so.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    Quote Originally Posted by derekp View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I think the larger 250ml bottle was $450 or so.
    cool thanks darekp, i'll check it out

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus

    JaimeB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    5,412
    Blog Entries
    140

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    50 ml. bottles go for $180 US.
    Yr good bud,

    JaimeB

    "Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

    My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

    Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

    Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

    Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

    Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

    —Seneca

  13. #13

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    If they have a Harry Rosen there in Montreal they might also carry the line.
    Both Holt's and Harry's have given me samples when asked (usually includes a little show of interest and buttering up along the lines of "oh I've heard so much about this one, I'd really love to try it out. Do you think you could make me up a sample?".
    If you're lucky, they'll take the 250ml flacon and decant into a very generous 4ml little bottle. If you're not so lucky, they'll just hand you a 1.5ml spray tester, either way it's still good. This stuff lasts forever, 2-3 sprays max and I'm good for 8-10 hours at least.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

  14. #14

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    Yeah, it outlasts my previous longevity champ, Eau des baux. They're similar overal, but different enough to warrant owning both. And whereas Eau Des Baux loses it's spice and wood at the end where it's all tonka, TFTV keeps a little pipe tobacco all the way to the end. I think TFTV, while vastly overpriced (like the rest of TF line), is maybe the best masculine gourmand I've smelled. Still need to try 1270 though.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    If they have a Harry Rosen there in Montreal they might also carry the line.
    Both Holt's and Harry's have given me samples when asked (usually includes a little show of interest and buttering up along the lines of "oh I've heard so much about this one, I'd really love to try it out. Do you think you could make me up a sample?".
    If you're lucky, they'll take the 250ml flacon and decant into a very generous 4ml little bottle. If you're not so lucky, they'll just hand you a 1.5ml spray tester, either way it's still good. This stuff lasts forever, 2-3 sprays max and I'm good for 8-10 hours at least.
    Wow thanks for that Master-Classter...i will try my luck with Holt...hope i'll be able to snatch a 4ml...but i would figure that they'll be more convinced if i make a purchase....

  16. #16

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    At Holts (last time I checked)

    50ml - $210
    250ml - $530

    In CdN dollars and prior to taxes.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Question about Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille

    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Yeah, it outlasts my previous longevity champ, Eau des baux. They're similar overal, but different enough to warrant owning both. And whereas Eau Des Baux loses it's spice and wood at the end where it's all tonka, TFTV keeps a little pipe tobacco all the way to the end. I think TFTV, while vastly overpriced (like the rest of TF line), is maybe the best masculine gourmand I've smelled. Still need to try 1270 though.
    I have both and find them "related" I guess but still pretty different... I find the EdB is a little harsher and dryer and it has a very smoky note to begin and then the vanilla sort of blooms with time and it lasts around 6-8 hours. I find the TV is more of a wet syrupy thick honey vanilla with some tobacco underneath it that's relatively linear and lasts 8-10+ hours... I only own about 20 bottles and these two are in there, so clearly I like them both but within such a small collection I think they're different enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeZ View Post
    Wow thanks for that Master-Classter...i will try my luck with Holt...hope i'll be able to snatch a 4ml...but i would figure that they'll be more convinced if i make a purchase....
    i can only say that about the Holt's here in Toronto carrying the line but I'd imagine the Montreal one would too.
    I've never bought a single bottle there ever, but have probably recieved about 5 of those 4ml samplers on various occasions, you just have to find the right SA. I've found some stingy and they tell me sorry, and others make me up 2x4ml's at a time like it's nothing, which frankly it is. Just go in with this attitude - even though it means a lot to you, to them it's nothing. It's not like they own the bottle, and it's their job to give you samples so you can try it and come back and buy it. The samplers are there to be given. So go in, sniff around a bit, then stop at the Ford counter and start chatting up the gal/guy and tell them about how you're new to fragrances but you've been doing some reading and everyone's talking about this TV one and you're really interested but of course you'd have to sample it first before buying it, could they please make you up one from that big ol' flacon?"...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Similar Threads

  1. Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille vs. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    By moltening in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 7th March 2014, 12:12 AM
  2. Tihota vs Spiritueuse Double Vanille vs Tobacco Vanille
    By aboodchy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12th February 2011, 08:16 PM
  3. Pipe tobacco frag? (Not Tobacco Vanille!)
    By pinkfizzy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 8th February 2010, 11:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •