Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 13 January

Good morning!

Another day in Les Parfums de Rosine Twill Rose for me.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Dependent

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 13 January

Morning, Tigrushka. So I sprayed some of this and knew immediately I had to buy it:

EMANUEL UNGARO
    Ungaro pour L'Homme II
    top notes: Orange, Coriander, Lavender, Basil, Neroli, Bergamot, Lemon.
    middle notes: Carnation, Ginger, Pepper, Orris Root, Jasmine, Rose, Geranium.
    base notes: Leather, Amber, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Musk, Benzoin, Civet, Vanilla, Cedar.
    Last edited by MFJ; 13th January 2010 at 05:11 AM.

Good morning all.Itr's pitch dark outside and I really just wanna crawl back up in bed.... Proud of myself for not doing so! Sotd is Prada infusion d'iris.

Basenotes Institution

Good morning Everyone ! Hugs and many thoughts for Rtamara and family today .

Shalimar !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Moschino Funny! today. Trying to use it up.

Basenotes Plus

Today is my 3rd day in:

Have a good day everyone!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 13 January

Hello everyone. Happy to see you again

Alienor Massenet and Pierre Wargnye' s ANTIDOTE

VIKTOR&ROLF

Top Notes
    Mint leaves, Italian Bergamot, Mandarin, Grapefruit, Guatemalan Cardamom.

Middle Notes
    French Lavender, Geranium, Nutmeg, Cinnamon bark, Freesia, Orange blossom, Violet.

Base Notes
    Amber, Essence of Indonesian Patchouli, Cistus Labdanum, Vanilla, Iris, Sandalwood, Texan white cedar, Guaiacum wood, Tree moss, Leather, White musk, Tonka bean.
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 13th January 2010 at 07:13 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

A very exciting day for me My partner and I have been wanting to get a new car for some time now, after his died very suddenly a few months back and we finally sealed the deal today! We got a Mazda 3 MPS in a beautiful bright blue - it will be so nice to have a reliable car that doesn't overheat as soon as you drive for more than 15 minutes

Scent of the day - Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Parfum. This was from the Chanel Parfum set I received for Xmas and I was really excited about Coco Mlle, but honestly I'm a little disappointed - it smells a little direction-less. Very pretty but I don't think I will be purchasing a bottle of this when my mini parfum runs out.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Same here. Another day at work with the fella's. It was 43 Celsius Yesterday and thank gawd it's 23 Today! Good weather for Azzaro PH!

Cheers and take care!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Costume National Homme EDP - This stuff is absolutely fantastic - one of the best new men's releases (but I think women would like it also)! Have a great day everyone!

Notes include grapefruit, cardamom, bergamot, cinnamon, thyme, cloves, patchouli, sandalwood and labdanum.

Last edited by petruccijc; 13th January 2010 at 09:19 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Estee Lauder Knowing perfume for me today. Have a nice day!

For me, AL Kretek... Wishing you all a brilliant day and keeping those who need it in my thoughts.

Chergui - Serge Lutens

Wanted to have a Woody Wednesday

Creed Original Santal

Sandalwood is a staple note in perfumery and as such there many are fragrances around which sandalwood is used as the core. In 2005, Creed released Original Santal which was said to be a modern interpretation of a scent Creed created for the Emperor of Austria Hungary, Franz-Josef back in the 19th century.

Original Santal is a good example of what Creed released in the early part of the naughts. Many of these fragrances used high-quality ingredients but they seemed to have an almost depressing linearity to them.

The top of Original Santal begins promisingly with a nice fresh mix of citrus and spice. The citrus is a juicy mandarin accompanied by cinnamon and ginger. The heart is woody, as one would expect from a fragrance called Original Santal, but the dominant wood is not sandalwood, it’s cedar. The sandalwood is present but the cedar overwhelms it and keeps it from ever having a firm grasp of the proceedings. The mix of vanilla and amber in the base make sure the sandalwood never gets the chance.

Original Santal has good longevity and average sillage.

Perfume composition was probably more straight-forward in Emperor Franz-Josef’s day but it still seems like something made for an Emperor should be a little more bold than Original Santal is.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Enjoy driving today TheLipPrint! Sounds like you and your other half are very happy about this new vehicle! Dora recently got a new car too - what fun! Roberto - LOVE the graphics today! Antidote is a wearable/likeable frag that I always expect to hear more about...?...today I'm spritzing on a wearable/likeable too, Bvlgari's newest release (by Jean-Claude Ellena!) Blu II. It has an interesting evolution from top to base, which keeps it from being just another boring fruity floral - JCE is superb!

Thinking of Rtamara and family today, and sending positve vibes.....

BTW, I connected my facebook and basenotes yesterday and lost my avatar...so I disconnected, and when I tried to get it back, basenotes would'nt accept the picture size?...so, I went to re-size it on photobucket and now I can't get basenotes to accept any of the links Is this a glitch or is it operator error? Help!

Another gym morning in Matin d'Orage :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Good morning!

I'm wearing Iris Poudre today.

Good morning everyone. I'm waiting on a piece of furniture to be delivered, so enjoying a lazy morning in Hermes Brin de Reglisse from the Hermessence line.

After shower, the SotD will be SL Douce Amere again for the third day.

The SofE will be something VERY relaxing, as I now face having to hook up all my electronics again. I'm staring at the pile of wires right now and getting nervous !! This is something I am not good at, and may take all week

I'm too in Chergui.

Thank you, Somerville Metro Man for the excellent review of Creed Original Santal.
    I've always have it it my "must try" list because of its perception about sandalwood.

What great pics again today!

TheLipPrint, Congratulations on the new car!

My headache is 98.9% better. That thing is like three-headed Cerberus, but most of him is back asleep now. I'm wearing Borsari Violetta di Parma this morning. The first few seconds are blissful, but then it's gone. I think I need the soaps of this, just to have them around to sniff.

Have a good day, all!

Good afternoon from snowy Shropshire!
    Givenchy III for a day inside with the heating up high.

RTamara- holding you all in my heart and prayers today.

Ines and Tigs- it just occurred to me, thatI never tell you how fine it is that you often choose extremely 'happy ' scents in your dark wintry climate
    I think it's wonderful ...!

Bitter cold, so I am going with Samsara body cream [ oooh ! luxe !] and parfum, too.
    Buffeting against the cold, so pretty.

I spent a good portion of yesterday in support of a dear friend-
    Resulting, per usual- in a SPANKING pour moi ;-)
    Too bad, quoth I.
    Friendship and truth come first, ALWAYS.

How hard is that to fathom ?
    Sheesh.

Love you all, like cheese, like olives, like chocolate, like 18 year old Macallan.
    AH.
    MWAH.

Bal a Versailles this morning... later, who knows?
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

The crisp, clean austerity of Puro Lino today. Warming up from record low temps and cold snap duration for these parts.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm wearing Borsari Violetta di Parma this morning. The first few seconds are blissful, but then it's gone.
    Lilybelle, do you find that VdP reappears after disappearing?

The reason I ask is that I recall reading the following review of VdP in which the reviewer describes how VdP disappears then reappears on her skin 20 minutes later (I think it may have to do with an effect of the ionones):

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...s_violett.html

And do you find that other violets perfumes similarly disappear on you? Personally I've never experienced this with violets scents, including VdP, so I'm curious.

Today I'm wearing Pacifica Waikiki Pikake. It has been too cold for my taste, so a whiff of the tropics is cheering.

Bvlgari Blv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will wear Bois d'Armenie today. After a morning errand, I will spend day three of my staycation in bed, reading and watching DVDs. Alas, my back did its thing yesterday. There went my plans for double workouts. Ah well, I for one won't complain about reading and watching DVDs, a delightful afternoon, indeed.

Hello everybody!

I'm in the house of Lauder with Twolf, wearing Estee body lotion and Super Cologne Spray. I love that this fragrance has her name, Estee, simple and elegant, because to me this is the definitive Estee Lauder scent. I'll never tire of it.

Got stood up today... Worry not! It was not a date but a student that had asked for an appointment to speak to me about his bachelor's thesis. So my self esteem is still intact.

SotD is Bond No. 9 Lexington Avenue.

Basenotes Plus

Lillybelle, we must have the East Coast three day monster headache. Mine's still "hanging" around too. Your description is very accurate for me as well.

My thoughts are with Rtamara & her husband today. As well as those in Haiti & the surrounding Carribean. I called my husband in St. Croix yesterday, but he was unaware of the situation at 5 pm. Don't know the status today.
    I'm sure they will use the surrounding islands & their airports to assist in aid delivery to Haiti.

Thinking of my sweetie, I'm wearing his Christmas gift, Chanel Coco edt.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I spritzed some TF Voile de Fleur... Kretek was gone...

black truffle, ylang ylang, bergamot, blackcurrant, honeysuckle, gardenia, spicy lily, black orchid, black plum, black pepper, lotus wood, succulent fruit, warm milk, cinnamon, vanilla tears, patchouli, balsam and sandalwood

Basenotes Plus

Adding to the good wishes and prayers for Rtamara and her hubby and family xxxooo
    Sharing the house with Kewart in Givenchy, Organza Indecence for me. So rich, sweet and comforting.

Get better wishes to those feeling poorly and a great day to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

*leans in close to sniff Chaya* Samsara heaven over there!

Today is the divine MPG Santal Noble. Calming and beautiful, always perfect.

Last edited by Jane Daly; 13th January 2010 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens - Bois Oriental

Boozy, sensuous, haunting, slightly sweet woody blend. This makes me feel like I'm basking in the sun on the African veldt.

Notes of violet, peach, plum, rose, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, musk, Atlas cedarwood, styrax and vanilla.
    Last edited by kumquat; 13th January 2010 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Lilybelle, do you find that VdP reappears after disappearing?

The reason I ask is that I recall reading the following review of VdP in which the reviewer describes how VdP disappears then reappears on her skin 20 minutes later (I think it may have to do with an effect of the ionones):

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...s_violett.html

And do you find that other violets perfumes similarly disappear on you? Personally I've never experienced this with violets scents, including VdP, so I'm curious.

Today I'm wearing Pacifica Waikiki Pikake. It has been too cold for my taste, so a whiff of the tropics is cheering.
    Yes, actually that did happen! It disappeared in seconds, and later re-emerged but very muted, although it's discernible now a couple of hours later if I stick my nose right on my wrist. Interesting, that. This is the purest violet I've sniffed (there are plenty I haven't tried yet). It still smells very "violety", if barely there. I'll have to do a test now with other violet samples to see whether I notice the same phenomenon.

Evangeline, I love Estee. You smell nice!

RHM, I hope your headache improves. Mine is at least bearable now, the nasty beast.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 13th January 2010 at 02:56 PM.

Hello, you sweet-smelling, sweet-thinking gals and guys! (You guys smell extra-terrific today!). My SotD is Niki de Saint-Phalle. I woke up craving its bitter/earthy/polleny goodness. Notes for those interested: Woods, Jasmine, Rose, Marigold/Tagetes, Ylang-Ylang, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Amber, and Musk.

al02 - biehl parfumkunstwerke
    Wishlist is pointless.

Blog Entries

Tumulte Pour Homme by Christian Lacroix.

Basenotes Institution

Sequoia (Series 2: Red) by Comme des Garcons

Perhaps a precursor to Epic Woman by Amouage - just a bit less opulent. I love the medicinal note hovering around the edges on this one.

Egoiste (Chanel)

Le 3e Homme de Caron

Hi everyone!

Started a new job on Monday so I've been too tired in the evenings to even switch the computer on.

Today though, I'm in Coco Mademoiselle edp.

You all smell great in here but a special shout out to mikeperez - gorgeous!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Well, that is very interesting Lilybelle! I am going to try my sample again tomorrow and pay closer attention to it as it develops.

SotE is Allure Sensuelle... Now I remember why I love this so much...

Went to work this morning in L d Lolita Lempicka as protection against the cold and more snow.

Blog Entries

Hey everyone!

Testing (finally) Kyoto today. (thanks Haunani)!

Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Ubu, I resized my avatar through tinypic. It seems to be easier to navigate for that kind of thing than photobucket. I had to mess around with links, as well, I think it's the URL link. But don't quote me on that.

libertine, I dig that No. 5 edp has another fan! Also digging that you're enjoying it so much!

Keeping Rtamara and family in my prayers.

Today I'm trying a new one, BBW Coconut Lime Verbena. My nose is still far from being up to snuff (rotflllllll! I made a pun!) so I'm just wearing the lotion and will save my fume samp from Tao for a better day.

I really like it! It's a transporting scent for me.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 13th January 2010 at 08:23 PM.

summer means fireflys

I'm testing Bond no 9 Signature Perfume, after hearing about it from Taolady the last few days. To use one of her patented phrases: "It's gawjuss!" Definitely smoky and a little stanky, just like she said! Notes include (from the Bond website): Oud Extract, Rose, Tonka Beans and Musk.

Have a good day everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Hermès Eau des Merveilles tonnight. Ladies, this one is definitely unisex!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hermes Kelly Caleche

Another quick fly-by. Hope everyone is well.

SotD: Black Cashmere
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Hello everyone, just quickly popping in.

SotD was Eau de Charlotte
    SotE is Tamango

Please pray for all the people in Haiti, my poor best friend might have lost most of her family; she still has not heard anything.

Love and hugs to everyone here (I do mean it)

Hold your loved ones close and tell them how much you love them or call and tell them; horror happens in less than 30 seconds and there is nothing we can do about it except be thankful we are spared.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

SOTE ~ Chypre by Coty - edt

WOW! What amazes me about this fragrance is when it comes to my nose, I close my eyes and a flood of perfumes that sprang from Chypres' DNA rush through my mind! Unbelievable, the smell of it's history. I'm thrilled!

I'm wearing Versace edp as SotA/SotE.

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Please pray for all the people in Haiti, my poor best friend might have lost most of her family; she still has not heard anything.

Love and hugs to everyone here (I do mean it)

Hold your loved ones close and tell them how much you love them or call and tell them; horror happens in less than 30 seconds and there is nothing we can do about it except be thankful we are spared.
    My heart goes out to the people of Haiti, and to those waiting to hear about loved ones there. Such terrible devastation! They are all in my thoughts and prayers. So true, Brielle, about holding our loved ones close and telling them how much we care while we have the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    SOTE ~ Chypre by Coty - edt

WOW! What amazes me about this fragrance is when it comes to my nose, I close my eyes and a flood of perfumes that sprang from Chypres' DNA rush through my mind! Unbelievable, the smell of it's history. I'm thrilled!
    That does sound thrilling!

SotD turned into TF's Arabian Oud which made me sneeze endlessly....never again. Am now cozying up in Lann-Ael and off to bed. Good night!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Tried a sample of L'Artisan Premier Figuier Extreme this morning and found that I didn't care for it. Too much like dried figs and coconut instead of the frresh fig scent that I expected. This evening I'm sampling Teo Cabanel Alahine, loving the roses and amber. It's very strong!

Basenotes Plus

SOTD: L de Lolita Lempicka Coral Flowers
    Stay safe, all.

Wearing Rive Gauche today. Thinking of rtamara and hubby, and wishing everyone here the best. Tomorrow is my birthday, the very last of my 40s, so I am going to try to choose my scent ever so carefully. Take care, all.

Blog Entries

Happy almost-birthday to Leesee!

Here's an almost-cake for you:

I'm testing the interesting but a bit weird Nanadebary Green this evening.

Thinking about Haiti, I can't help but compare it to the earthquake we had north of here last week. It was slightly lower magnitude, but basically comparable. Things were knocked off store shelves and some property was damaged, but it was basically fine. Given that, the killer in Haiti really wasn't the earthquake, but the gutwrenching poverty that basically made it impossible for the region to be earthquake-safe. I know this is just my good old-fashioned liberal guilt talking, but I feel so silly sitting around surrounded by hundreds of perfume samples, deciding what I want to test and see if I want to buy next, when a whole country is so poor they can't even afford to build a hospital that won't collapse and kill everyone inside in an earthquake. Life really isn't fair.

(end downer message)

On a lighter note, that Nanadebary Green bottle is funny - it looks like she's pooping the little tube inside...
    Last edited by rogalal; 14th January 2010 at 03:16 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??