Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loving Creed

Default Loving Creed

So, I've never been a huge fan of Creed until recently. I always thought their fragrances were just OK, nothing to write home about and certainly not worth the steep price tag. But I'm totally digging them now and think their products are top notch. In fact, I've been utterly blown away with the line.

I recently purchased Himalaya (absolutely love it and get awesome longevity out of it) and Tabarome (also get great longevity, though it's very subtle). I live in NYC so both were purchased at reasonable prices from discount perfume shops. I can really tell the difference when I wear a Creed fragrance from say a standard designer fragrance. Oh, and I'm seriously thinking about springing for a 4oz bottle of Aventus this weekend.

Default Re: Loving Creed

They have some good stuff
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I love the smells however the batch to batch variation concerns me

Yeah they've grown a lot on me lately. Just purchased my first bottle not too long ago (GIT)

You will find many people who adore Creed and many who despise them.

They do have some nice scents.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I tend to prefer the more modern Creed releases. I'm not really a big fan of ambergris at all, so my favorites are ones without the ambergris or with lesser amounts of it (Virgin Island Water, Original Santal, Aventus).

Windsor, Bois du Portugal, GIT, MI, Aventus, Selection Verte, and Feuille Verte are my favorites of the ones I own from the line. They have other good ones IMO, but some of their offerings are definitely subpar.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions etc, and in my humble opinion, there's more "must own" Creeds than any other fragrance house. Again, just my opinion, but they are classy, quality, and easy to wear.

Try the search engine for any fragrance.

You'll be amazed at the amount of content.

There are good scents in this house indeed, I have to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    ... not worth the steep price tag.
    I live in NYC so both were purchased at reasonable prices from discount ... thinking about springing for a 4oz bottle of Aventus this weekend.
    Its a trick. These nice guys trust in the greed of their addressees who run to the discounters to make the imagined steal deal.

I suppose most of Creed afficionados wouldn't pay even the discounter prices if it hadn't the elusive Creed exclusivity (price wise) in the first place. Its not You who makes the 'steal'.

I like the house a lot and all their offerings.

Get the Aventus.

p.s. I too like Himalaya. Good longevity and a nice soapy smell.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Glad you are liking Creed they do have some very good scents.

Yes they do have some quite unique scents indeed. My favorites are..

Aventus
    Windsor
    GIT
    Vetiver 48
    Original Santal
    MI
    Royal Oud
    Bois Du Portugal
    Santal Imperial
    Erolfa

I am sure you probably have tried these but I would look at Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, and Millisime Imperial. Aventus gets a lot of hype as of recently but imo it doesn't come close to the three I just mentioned. I also like Erolfa and Santal Imperial.

I love Creed. I don't know if it their house accord or the ambergris but whatever it is, it smells unique in a good way. They seem to be crowd pleasers. I always get compliments from wearing Creed.

Basenotes Junkie

Creed have some fantastic scents including Green Irish Tweed, Aventus, Himalaya and Original Vetiver. These are the ones I personally own and love. In addition I'm really warming up to Original Santal, and I got Millesime Imperial and Tabarome.

I also need to sample Silver Mountain Water and Royal Water again, plus some of the ones you guys list here like Selection Verte and Fuille Verte. Hopefully I can get some samples of them going.

What I really can't deal with right now is Virgin Island Water - it's just too feminine for me. Good-smelling indeed, but just not "me".

They seem to have a ton of good fragrances, and my favorites from what I've tried so far are: GIT, Aventus, Millsime Imperial, Royal Water, Silver Mountain Water, Himalaya, Virgin Island Water, and Original Vetiver. I really like their fresh scents, but I've been ho-hum about their others.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Get the Aventus.

p.s. I too like Himalaya. Good longevity and a nice soapy smell.
    I agree, Aventus is probably my biggest compliment getter in my arsenal, lot of women ask what I'm wearing when I use it. It's awesome stuff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I agree, Aventus is probably my biggest compliment getter in my arsenal, lot of women ask what I'm wearing when I use it. It's awesome stuff.
    very true. and the thing is... it's not just their newer Millesimes (Aventus/GIT/MI) that do it. lately i've had raving compliments on Vetiver '48, Aubepine Acacia, and Santal Imperial.

I really like some of their fragrances, but two of their newer ones left me wanting more (Aventus, Windsor)

I've yet to find one that I want to own. Royal Oud and Royal English Leather were alright. My girlfriend wants Silver Mountain Water.

CREED Premier League: Windsor, Vintage Tabarome, Green Valley, Vetiver 1948, Angelique Encens, Bois de Santal, Royal Scottish Lavander, Royal Oud

CREED Championship: Green Irish Tweed, Virgin Island Water, Original Vetiver, Original Santal, Acier Aliminium, Selection Verte, Aventus, Spice & Wood, Bois de Cedrat
    Last edited by morrison74; 19th February 2012 at 04:00 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

OP certainly has good taste. Creed make some real gems. Enjoy!

So I just picked up my 4oz bottle of Aventus. Amazing stuff. Can't believe I held out this long.

Creed is a great house, congrats on your purchases.

My top 5 fave Creeds: (btw, I only own 5)

1. Aventus
    2. Millesime Imperial
    3. Himalaya
    4. Silver Mountain Water
    5. Green Irish Tweed

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    There are good scents in this house indeed, I have to admit it.
    Agreed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dog127 View Post
    I really like some of their fragrances, but two of their newer ones left me wanting more (Aventus, Windsor)
    wow... arguably their two most beloved scents!

It's as if this hobby is 100% subjective or something...

Couldn't agree more with mesaboogie. Although in my opinion Himalaya edges out Millesime Imperial for second place. I'm seriously thinking about selling all my designer fragrances and just wearing Creed. I started this crazy hobby by researching various scents to find one single signature scent but I'm now thinking of just having one brand signature scent: Creed.

Personally I love most of the fragrances that Creed release also. They're not overly complex or unique, but they excel at making fragrances that are wearable and just plain smell good. Wish they were more affordable for the average Joe, but that's what splits are for.

I too like most of their scents. Price tag definitely stops me from getting more. I think my next purchase will be in the fall.

I too like most of their scents. Price tag definitely stops me from getting more. I think my next purchase will be in the fall.
    You should get in on some of the splits here. There are lots of Creed splits. You can get a 50ml/ 1.7 oz for much cheaper than the 1 oz bought directly from creed.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Nice house. Love/Hate on BN. Then again most are. I really enjoy Aventus & GIT.

I can't see how anyone could totally hate Creed. Sure, its made-up history is cloying and vaguely annoying. And yes, the batch variations are maddening.

But for me, until another house matches MI and GIT at their best, I probably consider myself a Creed guy more than any other house.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Banned

Creed has hits and misses like any other House ... but they invariably hit it out of the park when it comes to their hits ...

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Creed has hits and misses like any other House ... but they invariably hit it out of the park when it comes to their hits ...
    Made up history? I suppose you took your Delorean back in time to confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    Made up history? I suppose you took your Delorean back in time to confirm this?
    I believe that Creed has been making fragrances since 1760 about as much as I believe that Hollister has been selling clothes since 1922.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I was a former Creed skeptic, but after getting a "good" batch of
    Green Irish Tweed, I see what all the hype is about.
    I wore it today, and applied it almost 12 hours ago.
    I'm still getting wafts of it as I type this.
    An absolute masterpiece of a fragrance.

I'd like to try other bottles from this house as well:
    Aventus
    Silver Mountain Water
    Bois du Portugal, etc. etc.

Price is definitely a major deterrent for me.
    I was lucky enough to get a 4.0oz bottle of
    GIT from Walgreens for $118 shipped about a month ago.
    I also don't like the infamous hit or miss batch variations.
    I swapped for a 2.5oz bottle of M. Imperial last summer
    and it was garbage--one of the overly salty batches with
    no melon top notes.

I will say this, you need to sample Creeds from an atomizer.
    Dabbing them on from a sample vial does not do them justice--especially GIT.

I suppose air doesn't exist because you can't see it and the moon landing was faked too, right?
    I know the moon landing was real b/c I watched Apollo 18 and the remnants from the lunar landing are still there silly.

And you can't compare something important like the validity of Creed's history to trivial things such as the existence of air and the lunar landing!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

When they still used the civit0muskambergris infusion, I had a love affair with Tuberose Indiana. IT felt like frolicking on a warm summer night infused with the light of the full moon.

I suppose air doesn't exist because you can't see it and the moon landing was faked too, right?
    Are we really going to dig up this horse to beat it to death again? As has been said in COUNTLESS other posts on this and other forums, with citations to independent published sources and Creed's own publicly available information, there is evidence that Creed made a variety of men's haberdashery items going back at least a hundred years or more. There is evidence that these items were used by royalty, and royal warrants exist with Creed's name on them. But there is scant evidence -- if any at all -- that Creed even made colognes, much less that those colognes were held in high esteem or available to the general public, until the latter part of the 20th century. Even Creed fans (and I am one) know this is true, though they enjoy reading about Creed anyway.

Please, let's not compare doubting Creed's current marketing and promotional statements to doubting the moon landing.
    Current Top Five:

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    Nice house. Love/Hate on BN. Then again most are. I really enjoy Aventus & GIT.
    these are the two fragrances that I love too. Just got a sample for MI. Going to give it a try soon and see how it goes Heard from the SA that it is very sweet when it dries down. Got to find out for myself soon.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Basenotes Junkie

Oh dear - I'm currently in Rome, with my hotel being exactly five meters away from a fantastic perfumery.

My want-list is long, but both Millesime Imperial and Tabarome is very high up on that list. Is Tabarome the one I should go for seeing as I already have both Aventus and GIT as "fresh" Creeds? Also have Himalaya and Original Vetiver and love both.

No shame in that, I also happen to consider myself among the enthusiasts of this house, not because of their marketing, their high prices or elitist appeal, but simply because I like scents like REL, OV, GIT, BDP and many more

They do make nice scents, that's for sure.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    My want-list is long, but both Millesime Imperial and Tabarome is very high up on that list. Is Tabarome the one I should go for seeing as I already have both Aventus and GIT as "fresh" Creeds? Also have Himalaya and Original Vetiver and love both.
    Not everyone likes Tabarome. Try it and see what you think. I own it and like it, but only for certain occasions. In light of the ones you already have, if I were you, my next purchases would be MI and Silver Mountain Water, in that order. Also try to find a bottle of Green Valley. It's hard to find it in the bigger bottles because it has apparently been discontinued, but it's worth it if you can find it. It's also one of my favorites. Also check out Erolfa. Some people love it, some aren't impressed. But see what you think about it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I like the Millesimes, but prefer the grey caps overall. And out of the Millesimes, Green Irish Tweed and Green Valley are the best for me.

I briefly had Tabarome but my wife couldn't stand it. I personally loved it and thought it was very classy. Something you could easily wear with a tux or suit. She said it was too spicy though. So I took it back and exchanged it out for MI. Glad I did because MI is very classy and smooth. I've tried GIT several times but it's to similiar to Cool Water for me. Yes, I know, a trained nose can decern the differences but the masses can't. I have my eye on Original Santal or Silver Mountain Water. Only problem is SMW doesn't last long on my skin; it's amazing, though, for the first 30 minutes or so.

I'm also a huge fan, try out Original Vetiver, highly underrated

I have my eye on Original Santal or Silver Mountain Water. Only problem is SMW doesn't last long on my skin; it's amazing, though, for the first 30 minutes or so.
    I haven't had this problem with the longevity of SMV, but you might try spraying it directly on your clothing. I'm currently wearing a shirt I wore many days ago, and still, the scent of SMV is quite noticeable....so much so that I really wouldn't even need to put on anymore cologne if I were to go out.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 20th February 2012 at 06:02 AM.

Have bought and am totally happy with: GIT, Aventus, MI, Green Valley and Royal Oud.

Aventus gets compliments ALL the time.
    And I am just loving Royal Oud.
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Really, just try 'em all. Like every house, there'll be some everyone will love, but you will not. I personally don't like Aventus much, but it seems I'm in the distinct minority. On the other hand, I enjoy a lot of the Creeds that no one talks about much, like Zeste Mandarine Pampelmousse and Bois de Cedrat (for the 30 minutes it lasts!).
    Current Top Five:

I also agree with that I am also not a great fan of creed perfumes. but some of the their perfumes like Aventus
    Windsor
    GIT
    Vetiver 48
    Original Santal
    MI
    Royal Oud
    Bois Du Portugal
    Santal Imperial
    Erolfa

are now in my list and i love to have them and also recommends to friends

Spray the Creed, let the wallet bleed. Still have not tried any of theirs yet.

Good grief, I'm actually beginning to find Creed posts a relief after all the weeping and hand-wringing over Dior Homme Intense.

I just swung by Bergdorf's and tested GIT. Wow, very nice. It's close to Cool Water, but much more refined. I wished it lasted longer, though. I could see this as my next fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Good grief, I'm actually beginning to find Creed posts a relief after all the weeping and hand-wringing over Dior Homme Intense.
    +1

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Blog Entries

Aventus is a must have....yum
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Agreed, Charlie2000. One of the best out there.