Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Some new men's fragrances for 2010

At the mall, a couple of vendors told me about some upcoming men's fragrances - although I didn't get a lot of details:

- A vetiver fragrance from Prada
    - A new Hermes fragrance
    - Something called John Varvatos Black
    Last edited by petruccijc; 10th January 2010 at 01:25 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Some new men's fragrances for 2010

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    - A vetiver fragrance from Prada
    - A new Hermes fragrance
    Oooooooo I hope they are unisex or masculine scents!

Basenotes Institution

I've heard the Hermes is going to be a feminine, if I remember correctly. Should be released in the Spring. Not a Hermessence, but a regular fragrance sold in all stores.

Dependent

Prada Vetiver... interesting... Prada has a fantastic track record, IMO. I would be keen to try that vetiver. Not a fan of the few Hermessence I tried, but thoroughly enjoy a number of their regular ones (including the feminines), so I'm definitely interested to know what it's going to be. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by MFJ; 10th January 2010 at 07:38 AM.

Looking forward to Prada's Vetiver! I love their Infusion d'Homme but the girlfriend can't stand it, so I barely ever get to wear it.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Burberry is also coming out in Feb i think called Burberry Sport

sorry if this is old news on here

Especially the Prada and the Hermes frag sound fascinating.

fleur d'orange verte

Looking forward to a new Chanel fragrance 'pour Homme'. Allure pour Homme is from 1999 and - in my opinion - it´s definitely time for a new major release. C'mon, Jacques Polge! Please give us another frag' in the vein of Antaeus and Egoïste - encore un effort!!
    Last edited by sables; 10th January 2010 at 12:04 PM.

i am dying for something new in the mainstream market.
    i have a feeling there will be a new lines at dior and ysl, both of which i'm eagerly anticipating. the new prada will be one to watch, for sure.

i'm also very excited for the maison martin margiela fragrance, although i'm sure thats going to be ridiculously hard to find even after its launched.

If Prada's next move is another Infusion featuring Vetiver, Im already feeling a bit cynical...
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 10th January 2010 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    fleur d'orange verte
    This made me laugh

Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir will be expanding throughout the world in spring.
    The new fresh aquatic Calvin Klein (not ck) for men in spring.
    There won't be new Dior and Chanel lines for men, but there will be a major Dior women's line in Fall.
    And Giorgio Armani Idole d'Armani Pour Homme is coming in Fall as well.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 10th January 2010 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I love their Infusion d'Homme but the girlfriend can't stand it, so I barely ever get to wear it.
    This often seems to be the case around here! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sables View Post
    Please give us another frag' in the vein of Antaeus and Egoïste - encore un effort!![/B]
    OMG Yes please!!! I hadn't realized it's been that long already...

Ohh sounds interesting I'm excited to try all 3

I'm excited for the new Hermes and Prada.

Isn't Prada doing the "Epehemeral Infusion Collection" now with limited editions based on their parfums? If so, I'm guessing the new one wont be an infusion since they don't have a vetiver parfum. But, who knows.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else 2010 has in store for new fragrances.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    This made me laugh
    Me too when I finally got it!

(Unless that actually IS what they're doing, in which case - heck - I'll sniff.)

Would really like to know what it's going to be. A good Hermès feminine would be nice. The wife loves 'em.

fleur d'orange verte
    Why yes, I'll take 2 !!!

Blog Entries

Why yes, I'll take 2 !!!
    Not 4? Hmmm. There must be a problem. I'll bet it's longevity.

Another John Varvatos !! Wow, and I guess this whole "Black" trend in naming masculines is now really overdone ( as if it was not before). Of course, I am going to try it. Nothing to lose by doing so. I just hope the longvity is adequete.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    Burberry is also coming out in Feb i think called Burberry Sport

sorry if this is old news on here
    Somehow I missed the original thread. I am not one for modern "sports" fragrancs, but because it is Burberry, I will go out of my way to sample it. Doesn't look too promising, though. Although the bottle looks cool.

Looking forward to a new Chanel fragrance 'pour Homme'. Allure pour Homme is from 1999 and - in my opinion - it´s definitely time for a new major release. C'mon, Jacques Polge! Please give us another frag' in the vein of Antaeus and Egoïste - encore un effort!!
    Agree 100% Sables
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

OK, some Chanel people gave me a nudge about new masculine major release - to be awaited in Spring 2010.

As for Prada Vetiver - maybe they`ll launch this particular frag to complement their Exclusive line?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Joop will release a new male-fragrance in the Wolfgang joop family..

Basenotes Institution

I'm pretty sure that Prada announced, with the last release of Infusion de Fleur d' Oranger, that every year they would be releasing a brand new version of Infusion ____ (the first being Infusion d' Homme). Maybe the vetiver fragrance is in fact, this 'new' Infusion release??
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 11th January 2010 at 02:07 PM.

It would be nice to get a new Aramis masculine... YSL & Chanel are long overdue as well...

Personally, I would love for ALL of the major fragrance houses to spend some time and release an original fragrance. Heck, I'd love if the new trend of 2010 was "new" originals, as opposed to flankers. I think it would be a nice change of pace.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I'd be more than grateful if Chanel would release the parfums of their exclusifs line in 2010 (with the good old ones not reformulated!)!

Last edited by KMF; 12th January 2010 at 03:36 AM.

The new Chanel will be women's. It will be another flanker to Chance named Chance Eau Tendre.

At least one new one from Lorenzo Villoresi (Mare Nostrum) is supposedly coming out in the spring after a couple of delays.

I did read that Coty will be launching in the spring Eternity Aqua ?

John Varvatos will do Rock Volume II

NST reports that the Hermes will launch Voyage d’Hermès, a new unisex fragrance, this coming April.

The fragrance was developed by Hermès house perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena, and is reportedly a fresh musky woods.

Hermès Voyage d’Hermès will be available in 35 and 100 ml refillable Eau de Toilette spray and in 125 ml refills.

Promotional video here: http://voyagedhermes.villaretdejoyeu...=Hermes2010Vid

EDIT: This already has its own thread on Basenotes:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/244...Herms-by-Herms

BeauteIreland report a couple of Pradas. Last year Prada launched a new limited-edition fragrance suite, the Ephemeral Infusion Collection, with the idea being to release perfumes on an annual basis.

The debut last year was Fleur d’Oranger, - this year’s versions, Infusion de Tubereuse for women, and Infusion de Vetiver for men.

Tubereuse is a blend of tuberose, petitgrain bigrarde, blood orange and dynamone. Vetiver is packed with tarragon, vetiver, Madagascan pepper and purple ginger. Available from April, they’ll cost from €67 for 50mls for the female scent and from €53 for 50ml for the gents version.
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 21st January 2010 at 12:41 AM.

^^^ Ughhh ginger. Why can't perfumers get over ginger, it smells ghastly. Oh well, I'll try it either way.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    BeauteIreland report a couple of Pradas. Last year Prada launched a new limited-edition fragrance suite, the Ephemeral Infusion Collection, with the idea being to release perfumes on an annual basis.

The debut last year was Fleur d’Oranger, - this year’s versions, Infusion de Tubereuse for women, and Infusion de Vetiver for men.

Tubereuse is a blend of tuberose, petitgrain bigrarde, blood orange and dynamone. Vetiver is packed with tarragon, vetiver, Madagascan pepper and purple ginger. Available from April, they’ll cost from €67 for 50mls for the female scent and from €53 for 50ml for the gents version.
    Bumping this up to add the pictures from the Beaut.ie site that Dr_Rudi posted about.

I know some people aren't excited about new additions to the Infusion series, but I'm looking forward to trying them. I do like the bottles and boxes too.

Prada Tuberose - does not excite me. The citrus makes me think it will be generically fresh and light, like its predecessor.

Prada Vetiver - I'm loving the notes. Here's hoping for the best with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    OK, some Chanel people gave me a nudge about new masculine major release - to be awaited in Spring 2010.
    I hope it won't be another Allure flanker. IMO we have enough of them and Chanel should add something totally new/different in their portfolio of men's fragrances. Oh and please let it be a non-aquatic scent

Prada Vetiver sounds interesting! Oh and I got to sniff the woman's version of Milano and I enjoyed it.. unless it was just because every other scent in the magazine was horrible. I'm excited to try the men's version!

Seems I read recently that Guerlain is preparing a new men's leather.

Some new information about the new Chanel. It will be released in July-August and will appear in September. The fragrance will be one of the hugest men's release of last time, Chanel hopes it to become the classic of this decade. The advertising campaign (shot by Martin Scorsese) is done in dark colours, so it is not difficult to guess that this won't be another one aquatic.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 16th February 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    It would be nice to get a new Aramis masculine...
    It's going to be hard to come up with something that's better than the amazing Gentlemen's collection.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Yes, it's described as a "violet leather", reminiscent of Chamade pour Homme, but drier, more leathery. Due around September.

Quote Originally Posted by fraddicted View Post
    Seems I read recently that Guerlain is preparing a new men's leather.

Wow, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Some new information about the new Chanel. It will be released in July-August and will appear in September. The fragrance will be one of the hugest men's release of last time, Chanel hopes it to become the classic of this decade. The advertising campaign (shot by Martin Scorsese) is done in dark colours, so it is not difficult to guess that this won't be another one aquatic.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    I can't wait - Chanel Allure Homme Edition Noir!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Please disregard this post.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 16th February 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I can't wait - Chanel Allure Homme Edition Noir!
    I was just discussing this with another BN'er, I was thinking more like Coco Monsieur!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I was just discussing this with another BN'er, I was thinking more like Coco Monsieur!
    I want it to be that - I like it!

Bond No.9 will Launch High Line in March.....There will be another Launch but I can't remember the name.....The Bond Rep at my Saks told me.....We should have info very soon.
    Gary

Would it not be crazy if this is going to be Allure Homme Noir Edition - if that is the case then Chanel needs to throw the towel in!
    Last edited by scentimus; 16th February 2010 at 07:11 PM.

As someone who finally has come to appreciate Infusion d'Homme, I'm pumped for the new one.

Think it's not wise idea to shot such great advertising campaign for another Allure. So it has to be the new release.

done any1 kw if Hugo Boss releasing new frags for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by perfume4life View Post
    done any1 kw if hugo boss releasing new frags for this year?
    i hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by perfume4life View Post
    done any1 kw if Hugo Boss releasing new frags for this year?
    Yes, this will be huge release from Boss (not Hugo) line, with Ryan Reynolds as the face.

Issey Myiake will launch in march a limited edition frag., L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Edition Bois,which is a woody aquatic scent.