Code of Conduct

Default An example of an advertising masterpiece: Paco Rabanne's Print Ad Copy Ca. 197's - Worth reading

There is a general shot of a studio-like bedroom taken from the corner of the room. Judging from the way it is decorated and some of the furniture present, it is obvious that the man in the ad is a fine artist. He has his torso naked and he is lying in bed, talking over the phone. The conversation covers the night before:

"Hello?"
    "You snore."
    "And you steal all the covers. What time did you leave?"
    "Six-thirty. You looked like a toppled Greek statue lying there. Only some tourist had swiped your fig leaf. I was tempted to wake you up."
    "I miss you already."
    "You're going to miss something else. Have you looked in the bathroom yet?"
    "Why?"
    "I took your bottle of Paco Rabanne cologne."
    "What on earth are you going to do with it…give it to a secret lover you've got stashed away in San Francisco?"
    "I'm going to take some and rub it on my body when I go to bed tonight. And then I'm going to remember every little thing about you…and last night."
    "Do you know what your voice is doing to me?
    "You aren't the only one with imagination. I've got to go; they're calling my flight. I'll be back Tuesday. Can I bring you anything?"
    "My Paco Rabanne. And a fig leaf."

Source, picture and more information on opinions and reception of this ad can be found in http://www.commercialcloset.org/comm...ClientID=11064
    Last edited by Pollux; 11th January 2010 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Orthography and redundancy

Default Re: An example of an advertising masterpiece: Paco Rabanne's Print Ad Copy Ca. 197's - Worth reading

Yes, I remember that ad. It certainly set a mood... Ah, the Seventies.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: An example of an advertising masterpiece: Paco Rabanne's Print Ad Copy Ca. 197's - Worth reading

Year: 1985
    Sounds interesting! Commercials have changed for the worse, imo.

Pillow talk! That ad made Paco Rabanne legendary and sold millions of dollars of cologne. Today's ads try to be glitzy and hardcore sexy. This one strokes desire with wit and sensuality.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

What, no "R" shaved into the pubes?
    Tom Ford Splits:Noir de Noir, Neroli Portofino, Lavender Palm, Plum Japonais, Champacca Absolute, Tobacco Vanille ONE LEFT: Italian Cypress, Patchouli Absolu, Amber Absolute, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

haha! sounds great! I do admit that originality has definitely diminished over the years..We've almost seemed to copy each other with imitational moments of melodramatic intimacy which is then backed up by a man with a deep voice. It worked great for many many of the CK frag ads and others...Though once achieved, the others just seem otiose and useless. To be creative is to set landmarks and have fecund imagery.

I do hope one day that people stop duping anothers commercial...Ie; Gucci,Dior and More!

Cheers and take Care!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Fabulous!

Thank you!

And thanks for directing us to such a great resource!

SdL
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/