Code of Conduct

Default i always get razor burn!

Okay so I am a guy who shaves his pubes but I have the hardest time with it. No matter what I do no matter what I try I always get razr burn. The first time I did it trimmed it down pretty short then got shaving cream and lathered up and shaved yet to my dismay I still got razor burn. My girlfriend told me that if I didn't use shaving cream I wouldn't get razor burn. So I didn't use r didn't use shaving cream and got razor burn and then a friend of mine told me if I use soap I would be fine so I tried that... didn't work. I have tried using a mousturizer which tones it down for about tgwenty minutes but always flares back up. I have cleaned really well before and after I shave and I have tried using hair condition before I shaved. I shave in hot water and I do shave against the grain but if I don't I don't get a close enough shave. Please... someone help me

Default Re: i always get razor burn!

Brand new disposable razor. Talcum powder and lots of it.

In addition to a new, sharp razor...shave in the bath or shower, while skin and hair are softened by the warm water. Use a moisturizing hair conditioner as your shave cream. Use cortisone cream after you shave. Between shaves, make sure to exfoliate with gentle soap and something mildly abrasive like a wash cloth. You can try a "calming" moisturizer between shaves, also--e.g., Eucerin Skin Calming Cream with colloidal oatmeal.
    Last edited by Asha; 11th January 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Grow a beard.
    "When he shook hands with me my nostrils were assailed by all the perfumes of Arabia."
    - W. Somerset Maugham

OP, you male or female?
    We talking up here or down there?

(purely in the interest of giving a specific response)
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, Lavender Palm, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    OP, you male or female? We talking up here or down there?

Quote Originally Posted by fasx View Post
    Okay so I am a guy who shaves his pubes

Do you work as an exotic dancer?
    I mean, short of an infestation of lice why in God's name would you want to--?
    Oh, never mind.
    Live and let live . . .

Damn, I'll never again complain about razor burn on my face.

Pax,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 5th February 2010 at 09:09 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Ok, so I am a guy who just skims... Oops, thanks Dr.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, Lavender Palm, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

In addition to a new, sharp razor...shave in the bath or shower, while skin and hair are softened by the warm water. Use a moisturizing hair conditioner as your shave cream. Use cortisone cream after you shave. Between shaves, make sure to exfoliate with gentle soap and something mildly abrasive like a wash cloth. You can try a "calming" moisturizer between shaves, also--e.g., Eucerin Skin Calming Cream with colloidal oatmeal.
    U definitely know your stuff! I know several guys who abide by those/similar suggestions

I can't comment on shaving the nether regions, but I imagine advice that works on one's face will work there, too. Go really light, *no* pressure, using multiple passes (first pass with the grain of the hair, second across). Also, you might consider getting rid of the canned goop and use proper shaving soap & a brush...it's much better for the skin (canned goops really dry the face out), and makes for a much more comfortable shave. Look up mantic59's shaving tutorials on YouTube...he really deals with face-shaving, but, again, his advice should carry over. If you're really interested in good shaving technique, you might check out some shaving forums...my favorite being Badgerandblade.com (not affiliated, just a happy member).

I prefer waxing. It hurts for a second, but then that's it, you're done for 8 weeks, with no razor burn nor itchy stubble. You only need to scrub with a loofah for the next couple of showers, or use a product for ingrown hair.

cacio

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I prefer waxing...
    cacio
    I cannot...no, make that will not even imagine it
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I used to have the same problem - make sure you are in the shower for a while and make sure its a hot one to soften the hairs. I use Gillette ProGlide for this job - best of the best in my opinion. Good luck and be careful - one slip of the hand.....