Code of Conduct

Default i always get razor burn!

Okay so I am a guy who shaves his pubes but I have the hardest time with it. No matter what I do no matter what I try I always get razr burn. The first time I did it trimmed it down pretty short then got shaving cream and lathered up and shaved yet to my dismay I still got razor burn. My girlfriend told me that if I didn't use shaving cream I wouldn't get razor burn. So I didn't use r didn't use shaving cream and got razor burn and then a friend of mine told me if I use soap I would be fine so I tried that... didn't work. I have tried using a mousturizer which tones it down for about tgwenty minutes but always flares back up. I have cleaned really well before and after I shave and I have tried using hair condition before I shaved. I shave in hot water and I do shave against the grain but if I don't I don't get a close enough shave. Please... someone help me

Default Re: i always get razor burn!

Brand new disposable razor. Talcum powder and lots of it.

In addition to a new, sharp razor...shave in the bath or shower, while skin and hair are softened by the warm water. Use a moisturizing hair conditioner as your shave cream. Use cortisone cream after you shave. Between shaves, make sure to exfoliate with gentle soap and something mildly abrasive like a wash cloth. You can try a "calming" moisturizer between shaves, also--e.g., Eucerin Skin Calming Cream with colloidal oatmeal.
    Last edited by Asha; 11th January 2010 at 09:53 AM.

Grow a beard.
    "When he shook hands with me my nostrils were assailed by all the perfumes of Arabia."
    - W. Somerset Maugham

OP, you male or female?
    We talking up here or down there?

(purely in the interest of giving a specific response)
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    OP, you male or female? We talking up here or down there?

Quote Originally Posted by fasx View Post
    Okay so I am a guy who shaves his pubes

Do you work as an exotic dancer?
    I mean, short of an infestation of lice why in God's name would you want to--?
    Oh, never mind.
    Live and let live . . .

Damn, I'll never again complain about razor burn on my face.

Pax,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 5th February 2010 at 08:09 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Ok, so I am a guy who just skims... Oops, thanks Dr.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

In addition to a new, sharp razor...shave in the bath or shower, while skin and hair are softened by the warm water. Use a moisturizing hair conditioner as your shave cream. Use cortisone cream after you shave. Between shaves, make sure to exfoliate with gentle soap and something mildly abrasive like a wash cloth. You can try a "calming" moisturizer between shaves, also--e.g., Eucerin Skin Calming Cream with colloidal oatmeal.
    U definitely know your stuff! I know several guys who abide by those/similar suggestions

I can't comment on shaving the nether regions, but I imagine advice that works on one's face will work there, too. Go really light, *no* pressure, using multiple passes (first pass with the grain of the hair, second across). Also, you might consider getting rid of the canned goop and use proper shaving soap & a brush...it's much better for the skin (canned goops really dry the face out), and makes for a much more comfortable shave. Look up mantic59's shaving tutorials on YouTube...he really deals with face-shaving, but, again, his advice should carry over. If you're really interested in good shaving technique, you might check out some shaving forums...my favorite being Badgerandblade.com (not affiliated, just a happy member).

I prefer waxing. It hurts for a second, but then that's it, you're done for 8 weeks, with no razor burn nor itchy stubble. You only need to scrub with a loofah for the next couple of showers, or use a product for ingrown hair.

cacio

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I prefer waxing...
    cacio
    I cannot...no, make that will not even imagine it
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I used to have the same problem - make sure you are in the shower for a while and make sure its a hot one to soften the hairs. I use Gillette ProGlide for this job - best of the best in my opinion. Good luck and be careful - one slip of the hand.....