Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which one: Tubereuse Criminelle by SL, Daphne Guinness by CdG or Tuberose Gardenia by EL

My sample of Daphne should be coming any day now. I've seen all sorts of descriptions of it, from candy-floss Fracas to tuberosed Arabie, so I really have no clue what to expect.

From your description on how you feel about the three fragrances, it sounds like Daphne is your best bet. My only question would be - have you tried it in hot weather yet? It sounds like it could be a little too funky when Miami gets steamy, but then again, I haven't tried it yet.

As for Tubereuse Criminelle versus PC Tuberose Gardenia, my bias is - obviously - going to be for the former, though the Lauder certainly beats TC in terms of availability. Perhaps PCTG for winter and TC for summer?

In order to make the "twisted" top notes stay longer I always wear TC under my shirt, so some gets on my clothing. I find this helps sustain the wintergreen into the creamy base.

I also agree with ChickenFreak that PG's Tubereuse Couture is one you should check out if you're seeking a "different" tuberose fragrance. It's also more complex that Tubereuse Criminelle, especially in regard to its floral mixture.

Default Re: Which one: Tubereuse Criminelle by SL, Daphne Guinness by CdG or Tuberose Gardenia by EL

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Mike - Just curious if you have tried any of the Histores de Parfums Tuberose Trilogy fragrances: TUBEROSE 1-CAPRICIEUSE (capricious), TUBEROSE 2-VIRGINALE (virginal), or TUBEROSE 3-ANIMALE (animal).

http://www.histoiresdeparfums.com/10-6319-TUB.php
    Wow, HdP released a whole tuberose series and no-one thought to tell me?

I can't wait to try these, especially #1 and #3.

Carnal Flower?

I'm not a huge fan of tuberose but was quite taken by Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder. I haven't tried the CdG and the SL was a bit weird in the topnotes, burnt rubber/tire thing. I usually find that interesting but didn't, it just didn't work with the scent.