Code of Conduct

Default Aramis committing fragrance Blasphemy: Aramis Cool Blend New Fragrance

I can hear some of you guys cringing already. Aramis is set to launch an "updated" version of their classic fragrance, aimed at a younger audience, and catering to modern demands. Notes are:

Top: Aquatic notes of Bergamot, Lemon and Lime
    Mid: Floral-spicy notes of jasmine, sage, cinnamon and cardamom
    Base: golden amber, sandalwood and creamy accords of leather

Their classifying it as a sort of Modern (read:aquatic) Chypre.

Oh boy, here we go.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: Aramis committing fragrance Blasphemy: Aramis Cool Blend New Fragrance

Why not? Better than another...OUD.

EDIT: Thanks for the info, mtgprox05!
    Last edited by DesGrieux; 12th January 2010 at 06:34 AM.

Default Re: Aramis committing fragrance Blasphemy: Aramis Cool Blend New Fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Why not? Better than another...OUD.
    I guess you have a point there. I could just see it, all of these houses releasing updated versions of classics with Oud in them. Ughh, let's hope that doesn't catch on.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Dependent

For all the quality stuff they put out that probably (I'm just guessing) doesn't earn them mega bucks like some fashion houses, I think they deserve to put out that one "aquatic" that would acquaint them to a possibly larger audience.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    For all the quality stuff they put out that probably (I'm just guessing) doesn't earn them mega bucks like some fashion houses, I think they deserve to put out that one "aquatic" that would acquaint them to a possibly larger audience.
    That's probably what they were thinking when they released New West. Lol. We'll see, I'll definitely give it a try. I'm not sure I've smelled an Aquatic-Chypre.

Testing the water perhaps?Thinking that mens fragrances are headed that way.Toward lighter scents?
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I can hear some of you guys cringing already. Aramis is set to launch an "updated" version of their classic fragrance, aimed at a younger audience, and catering to modern demands. Notes are:

Top: Aquatic notes of Bergamot, Lemon and Lime
    Mid: Floral-spicy notes of jasmine, sage, cinnamon and cardamom
    Base: golden amber, sandalwood and creamy accords of leather

Their classifying it as a sort of Modern (read:aquatic) Chypre.

Oh boy, here we go.
    The notes ARE nice, so it may be worth a try...

This is just jumping on the bandwagon of watery, ball-less scents for young men. It all starts to smell like their shower gel and hair dressing gels!

What ever happened when men smelled sumptuous AND had guts? Testosterone and in-your-face jasmin extrait is a very manly combination. (Look at my avatar...)

It is money if you follow the money trail. And large perfume houses look for what will sell the most, not what will please perfume nuts.

Look at Kingdom by McQueen. A rich, if controversial, scent, then followed by a light floral flanker.

Trends following trends.
    Last edited by Primrose; 12th January 2010 at 12:25 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Aramis gets a pass for at least a year for re-issuing Havana.

Sur la Plage

Well you never know.... I do like New West and Aramis Bermuda Tonic. I think it might be OK just as long as it is not something that anyone can compare in any way, shape or form to Acqua di Gio.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

If Azzaro can do it, why not Aramis? Again, I have to ask though, why not a brand new mens release??
    Last edited by KMF; 12th January 2010 at 12:48 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Blasphemy is a strong word mtgprox05.

I understand your concern about boring flankers, but then again Aramis has already released 10 flankers (Always, Always Him, Bermuda Tonic, Cool Blend, Cool, Cracked Ice Cologne, Gold, Ice, Life and Life My Summer).
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 12th January 2010 at 12:50 AM.

I see this as a postive step from Aramis. Anything that draws a new generation to the Aramis line is a good thing.

As if Aramis Cool or Aramis Ice were non-existent...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Sounds good to me. When does it come out and where will it be available?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    As if Aramis Cool or Aramis Ice were non-existent...
    True, I've seen those around before, but never got down to trying them. The only more recent creation I've tried was Life

I probably won't be interested.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Blasphemy is a strong word mtgprox05.

I understand your concern about boring flankers, but then again Aramis has already released 10 flankers (Always, Always Him, Bermuda Tonic, Cool Blend, Cool, Cracked Ice Cologne, Gold, Ice, Life and Life My Summer).
    I guess so. I'm surprised by the reaction in this thread. IMO, I wasn't really attacking the flanker route, or the aquatic route, but rather the flanker to such a long standing classic fragrance. It's stood the test of time for decades, and NOW they decide to cash in on it's name? Not to mention, if you asked me to think of something that was the polar opposite of an aquatic, Aramis would be up there, it just seems all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Sounds good to me. When does it come out and where will it be available?
    According to Fragrantica - March 2010 - http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/A...lend-7839.html

As long as they keep the Gentlemen Collection and the original Aramis in production, who cares?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    True, I've seen those around before, but never got down to trying them. The only more recent creation I've tried was Life
    I'm a big Aramis fan and aficionado and, in my opinion (and I think other Aramis fans will agree) they've put out some of the best aquatics of anyone - they're all very distinct and individual. Unfortunately Life was/is their one stumble, but New West, Bermuda Tonic, Ice (and its short lived fore-runner Cracked Ice), Cool and Surface Skin Tonic are all genuinely brilliant aquatics. Always (which is a sort-of aquatic) also has plenty of fans, but I can take or leave that one.

I personally take this new release as good news, especially as they've not released a brand new frag for quite a while.

Thanks for the Thread!

This may be a good thing if it subsides with future releases of the same quality as the classic scents. But with fragrances companies being what they are they may look at the balance sheets if this new one catches on and decide to take the company in a new direction.

Looking forward to trying this one.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Agreed. I am thrilled by the re-issued Havana. Now I need to try some of the other re-issues starting with JHL.

it doesn't say anything about ozone/aquatic in the notes, so it might be presuptuous to "read" modern as denoting aquatic

It actually sounds pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by asingleman View Post
    it doesn't say anything about ozone/aquatic in the notes, so it might be presuptuous to "read" modern as denoting aquatic
    No it does say aquatic. I got this directly from Fragrantica.

"The house of Aramis is announcing a new fragrance for younger audience in the beginning of 2010. The fragrance was shaped and adapted to contemporary demands, created as a reinterpretation of the first fragrance, refreshed with chypre notes. The fragrance was named Aramis Cool Blend and constructed as a modern, cool and stylish – the classic Aramis for the new generation.

Top notes of Aramis Cool Blend offer crisp, fresh, aquatic notes of bergamot, lemon and lime, which create a contrast to a floral-spicy heart of jasmine, sage, cinnamon and cardamom. A rich finish leaves a trail of golden amber, sandalwood and creamy accords of leather. The fragrance is available as 100 ml EDT and 120 ml after shave. Aramis Cool Blend arrives on the market in March 2010."

aimed at a younger audience
    Who are they kidding. This is aimed at those who've bought Aramis for years, who are too hesitant to try alot of younger fresher scents.......
    ......but they'll try this.

I Don't understand why Every fragrance has to be Heavy, balls to the walls hard core Oud, or woods, or incense, or whatever. I Like it heavy as much as the next guy, But if all frags were heavy handed, I'd prolly be scent less for about more than half the time.

Try wearing M7 or Joop! on a hot scorching day for a month, and see if you won't be achin' for some Live Jazz or Bvlgari Aqua. lol
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

I see Dillard's is carrying this. Will anybody else be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    It actually sounds pretty good to me.
    I agree with this, It looks to me like it may not hit the "Aquatic" button but more the "Eau de Cologne" button and it interests me. I'll reserve judgement till I smell it.
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

I guess so. I'm surprised by the reaction in this thread. IMO, I wasn't really attacking the flanker route, or the aquatic route, but rather the flanker to such a long standing classic fragrance. It's stood the test of time for decades, and NOW they decide to cash in on it's name? Not to mention, if you asked me to think of something that was the polar opposite of an aquatic, Aramis would be up there, it just seems all wrong.
    But they aren't just now cashing in on its name. Mike just pointed the multitude of Aramis flankers that preceded this one.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Hmm, I'm not fussed at all. Looks interesting, thus this far, Aramis hasn't disappointed me! Hoping for a surprise atleast!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I will try this one, and I hope it's good.

If this has the same relationship to Aramis that Kouros Fraîcheur does to Kouros, then I will be a very happy camper indeed!
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best