Code of Conduct

Default Anyone else notice slight differences in Creed bottles?

Usually, we say that the 2.5 ounce bottles are less likely to be faked, and we have some websites and ebay sellers that have garnered generally positive reviews. I have a 2.5 ounce bottle of Millisime Imperial, in the clear bottle, and it has an 03 in the middle digits. Got this in a trade from a very reputable member and have never doubted its authenticity.

Got a bottle, tester actually, from ebay from a good seller, all,,,,, and never have had a problem. 09 in the middle digits, and smells as good as the other bottle.

Here is where it it got interesting. The tops and spray mechanisms are the same, but the little tubing points one way on way and opposite on the other. No big deal. The 03 bottle has no gold lettering on the creed or swords, and the label, the crown is not as etched in detail and does not show the etching very clear on the reverse side when you look from the back of the bottle. On the 09 bottle, it is gold on the word creed and the swords and the crown on the label is very etched. Other than that, these bottles appear the same (well, the 03 bottle, the glass top with the 7 or 8 sides is a little askew.

Tried to compare it to the 2.5 ounce bottle of tweed, but since it had no label, but was clear, it said GIT on the bottom.

Juice smells the same as I sprayed one hand with one, the other with the other and no difference I can detect.

Oh well, seems I have too much time on my hands.

Default Re: Anyone else notice slight differences in Creed bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Time? or GIT?
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Yes, I've noticed differences in the bottles, boxes, printing and other aspects - even from Neiman Marcus, and Creedboutique. I've read elsewhere that it's due to Creed trying to stay one step ahead of the counterfeiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Time? or GIT?
    Too much time and too much GIT are the only things required for the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by WhosYerBob View Post
    Yes, I've noticed differences in the bottles, boxes, printing and other aspects - even from Neiman Marcus, and Creedboutique. I've read elsewhere that it's due to Creed trying to stay one step ahead of the counterfeiters.
    Indeed! That's what I heard as well

Question about Erolfa bottle: I know there is a new bottle on the market now, with a blue sticker on the front. I bought a bottle Erolfa couple a weeks ago. It was the old design on the bottle, but there was one detail I noticed. The cap has that square-shaped gold plate on the top of the cap. Not the circular logo that is usual. I have never seen a Erolfa bottle with this stylish cap.. Enyone else seen/own a Erolfa-bottle with this cap?
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 30th March 2010 at 09:57 PM.

Is the 120ml bottle of Himalaya brown or silver?
    I've looked on a few sites and I thought it was their picture, but some look the same silver colour as Silver Mountain Water and a couple of other's are more like a shiny brown/copper colour.

Enyone know when Creed changed the design on the Erolfa bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Is the 120ml bottle of Himalaya brown or silver?
    I've looked on a few sites and I thought it was their picture, but some look the same silver colour as Silver Mountain Water and a couple of other's are more like a shiny brown/copper colour.
    The current Himalaya bottle is silver, the older bottles were that copper color, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Usually, we say that the 2.5 ounce bottles are less likely to be faked, and we have some websites and ebay sellers that have garnered generally positive reviews. I have a 2.5 ounce bottle of Millisime Imperial, in the clear bottle, and it has an 03 in the middle digits. Got this in a trade from a very reputable member and have never doubted its authenticity.

Got a bottle, tester actually, from ebay from a good seller, all,,,,, and never have had a problem. 09 in the middle digits, and smells as good as the other bottle.

Here is where it it got interesting. The tops and spray mechanisms are the same, but the little tubing points one way on way and opposite on the other. No big deal. The 03 bottle has no gold lettering on the creed or swords, and the label, the crown is not as etched in detail and does not show the etching very clear on the reverse side when you look from the back of the bottle. On the 09 bottle, it is gold on the word creed and the swords and the crown on the label is very etched. Other than that, these bottles appear the same (well, the 03 bottle, the glass top with the 7 or 8 sides is a little askew.

Tried to compare it to the 2.5 ounce bottle of tweed, but since it had no label, but was clear, it said GIT on the bottom.

Juice smells the same as I sprayed one hand with one, the other with the other and no difference I can detect.

This is exactly why I pony up the extra $ to order from www.creedboutique.com

I would rather pay extra for the peace of mind of having the freshest real Creed possibly available than to save $100 yet constantly wonder if my Creed is fake, or expired.

as always, you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by DHPet View Post
    The current Himalaya bottle is silver, the older bottles were that copper color, I believe.
    i've never seen a brown/copper bottle of Himalaya. I got it when it first came out, and it was silver back then as it is now.

Thanks regarding the colour of the Himalaya bottle. It was silver when I purchased it probably around 4 years ago, but the one I saw a copper colour is:

It's possibly the camera the seller used to take the photo with, or it could be very old stock if the bottle used to be this colour years ago. I've told my cousin to make sure he buys a silver bottle anyway - thank you

Edit: I've just noticed and didn't before that the picture used is for the 75ml, even though the site my cousin was looking at advertise and only sell the 120ml, so that could be the answer.

I received yesterday my new bottle of Erolfa from Perfume.com S3110L01. The bottle cap instead of being Blue with a gold insert arrived Blue with a Blue center crown. Has anyone seen this before? Thank You.

Basenotes Junkie

By swapping designs now and then, Creed can stay one step ahead of counterfeiters.

Another reason could be improvements in production, cost-saving or otherwise production-related. Not the color-changes, obviously, but small differences in pump mechanism or flacon-design. It's pretty normal to improve production, cut cost wherever possible and at the same time improve quality. This "could" be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    By swapping designs now and then, Creed can stay one step ahead of counterfeiters.

Another reason could be improvements in production, cost-saving or otherwise production-related. Not the color-changes, obviously, but small differences in pump mechanism or flacon-design. It's pretty normal to improve production, cut cost wherever possible and at the same time improve quality. This "could" be the case.
    Quite true.