Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your 1st Scent

Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Your 1st Scent

What was you first scent? Was it a cologne, toillette or a perfume already? Why choose that scent as your 1st one?

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your 1st Scent

My first foray in to the world of fragrances was with a few of the mass market drugstore type scents such as Pinaud Clubman and Old Spice. I still enjoy those and keep them in my wardrobe, but my first department store fragrance was Polo (green). My best friend started wearing it in high school. I liked it, found out what it was and ended up asking for a bottle as a gift the following Christmas.

As a toddler, I got into my mother's Chanel No. 5/Balmain/Soir de Paris and poured it on myself! LOL!

My earliest scent that my parents bought for my was Avon Roses, Roses EDC and Honeysuckle EDC. Then there was Avon Sweet Honesty, which I blush to admit that I adored.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Poison by Christian Dior

It was a gift for my 14th birthday from a friend of my mom's: Salvador Dali PH
    Currently wearing: April Violets by Yardley

Dunhill X-Centric was actually the first fragrance I purchased for myself, believe it or not.

First scent I can remember purchasing was Rapport EDT spray from Burtons. That must have been a good 20+ years ago, or it seems like it. I can't even remember what it smells like.

Basenotes Institution

The first scent I ever used properly and bought for myself was Chanel No 5 EDT . It was so luxurious and it made me happy .

And............welcome to Basenotes Perfumegoddess ! Cool screen name !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 13th January 2010 at 08:42 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Love's Baby Soft, circa 1980 (I was about 9 years old)...followed in later years by Sweet Honesty and Most Precious.

My first would be a bottle of CK Eternity that my parents got for me as a gift for my 16th birthday.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Blog Entries

I had some drug store fragrances first I think, but don't remember which one was first. Santa Fe, Gravity, Aspen, or the like. My first "real" fragrance was Polo, given to me by my wife (girlfriend at the time). It was and is her favorite.

The Body Shop Dewberry, me and my jr. high friends were obsessed with the stuff *lol*

Blog Entries

The very first one (I was about 13) I remember...don't laugh...was Shalimar that belonged to a lady I was babysitting for. I splashed a little on & found it beautiful. I can still remember my embarrassment at the smell as it wafted throughout the house. I'm sure she must have known I got into it! The first one I remember wearing regularly was Emeraude. I think it was a bit much for a 15 year old but I adored it.
    Last edited by kumquat; 13th January 2010 at 02:30 AM.
    Currently wearing: Azurée by Estée Lauder

My first fragrance was Opium by Yves Saint Laurent ...i have been inlove heels over head with a guy that said he love this scent on a woman . He was right ,Opium fitted me like a glove .

Haha, well the first cologne I ever wore was One entitled "Angle Hearts" it was entirely Gourmand And way out of control within cloying perspectives. I was young and didn't know any better. It was locally crafted amongst my town in Melbourne and In my opinion it was very crass. Though my first owned frag was "Azzaro PH" Now this bad boy I am proud of

Cheers and take care!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Blog Entries

My first fragrance was Tommy Girl when I was about 13 or 14. Funnily enough my first boyfriend when I was 15 was also named Tommy. Don't like that scent or the boyfriend so much anymore.

Choc de Cardin. Early 80's, when I was around 13 years old. A gift from my grandmother who had visited France. A scent that always will make me remember my early teens and my girl room. I haven't sniffed it since.

Blog Entries

Last edited by Hollandaze; 13th January 2010 at 08:08 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    The very first one (I was about 13) I remember...don't laugh...was Shalimar that belonged to a lady I was babysitting for. I splashed a little on & found it beautiful. I can still remember my embarrassment at the smell as it wafted throughout the house. I'm sure she must have known I got into it! The first one I remember wearing regularly was Emeraude. I think it was a bit much for a 15 year old but I adored it.
    Kumquat- I'm not laughing. You had good taste from such a young age - when I was still thinking about buying the latest record ( the black vinyl ! ) at 13 and looking at boys - you were in Shalimar.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Ahh such memories.

My first fragrance was CK One which I was repping in middle school when I was 9 and used it all the time until I was 10 when I moved onto Hugo Green and then eventually onto Lacoste Essential.

for me it was Polo Sport

Blog Entries

I think the first perfume I had was either Coty's Exclamation or The Body Shop Dewberry perfume oil, I would have been about 9 or 10 at the time. After that the first perfume I remember wearing religiously was Anna Sui's Baby Doll which I wore from about 16-18
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I've posted this before but these threads are always fun.

My grandmother had a wacky sense of humor. She bought a toilet-shaped bottle (complete with plastic seat and hinged lid) of "toilet water" from a novelty gift store, emptied out the contents and refilled it with Tabu, and presented it to me. I loved it! I must have been all of 9 years old or so. Hardly the right scent for a young girl, but what did I know?

The first fragrance that I chose for myself was Coty Muguet des Bois, back in 1968. It was my signature scent throughout my high school years.

my friend given me perfume polo as a gift on christmas when i was 16 years old
    Last edited by miyeke; 13th January 2010 at 01:36 PM.

Basenotes Plus

The gateway frag was Jean Nate, when I was four or five years old. My mother would dab a little on my sister and me just before we left for Sunday Mass.

As well as Jean Nate, my mother had several Avon fragrances -- Occur!, Moonwind, Charisma, Topaze -- and we'd play around with those, too.

For my 12th birthday, a beloved aunt gave me my first "proper" perfume: White Shoulders.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Dependent

First thing to touch my skin as far as I recall was Eau Sauvage. My late grandfather would splash some on me when I was very young. First bottle I bought CK One. 2nd was probably CK Eternity. I wore those religiously for many years in school.

My first eau de toilette was Axe Africa
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 13th January 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Blog Entries

My very first fume was Dune. I smelled it on a classmate in 6th grade and thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever sniffed, so I bought myself a mini that summer with some blueberry picking money.

It's hard to remember. I Think it was either Aspen or Preferred Stock.

Drakkar Noir. It was a Cotillion gift from my parents.

I think the first scent that I bought for myself was either Ralph Lauren Safari or Polo Crest.

It was either Lancome Poeme or Cool Water for Women. I wore the Cool water for years and yes I know it was over-trendy but I loved it. I still own cool water but I dont know the last time I wore it. Lancome Poeme was a blind buy. I remember I was young and I saw the name and since I loved poetry I bought it on that fact. Great assumption, I know. When I was youger my friends said they hated when I wore Poeme and said it was old lady smell. Whether it was odl lasy smell I decided i liked it. I still have bottle of it too.