Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme vs Rochas Man

I really like Dior Hommes chocolate truffle, cocoa vibe. However, sometimes I dislike wearing it due to the 'lipstick' (the iris-leather combination?).
    My question now is, is Rochas Man any similar to Dior Homme, but maybe without the lipstick?
    Or aren't they related at all? Are there similar fragrances but without the 'lipstick' accord?

Default Re: Dior Homme vs Rochas Man

I don't think they are at all alike. Rochas Man is sweeter and more gourmand to me. Dior Homme has an almost metallic sparkle feel. I enjoy them both.
    Last edited by TricsMan; 9th January 2010 at 01:35 PM.

I do detect a similar note in both of them, but although Rochas Man is, to my nose, the more youthful, the more informal and the less discreet of these two, I still prefer Rochas Man over Dior Homme, simply thanks to the preeminence of gourmand
    mocha-chocolate-toffee notes over the (accurately described) "lipstick", powdery note of iris and other florals in combination with hints of suede leather.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 9th January 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Have you ever tried L'instant de Guerlain pour homme? I think it's cocoa/chocolate accord is quite similar to the one in Dior Homme, but it lacks the iris note on its top. Both have a similar style too.

Rochas Man is too youthful and laid back to be compared to Dior Homme.

I wouldn't classify Dior Homme and Rochas Man as being similar scents personally. Two completely different creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by vitorscpaiva View Post
    Have you ever tried L'instant de Guerlain pour homme? I think it's cocoa/chocolate accord is quite similar to the one in Dior Homme, but it lacks the iris note on its top. Both have a similar style too.

Rochas Man is too youthful and laid back to be compared to Dior Homme.
    Ditto. Or you may try H.M by Hanae Mori as well.

What you really need is Dior Homme Intense - the iris isn't as prominent and it has a richer sweetness to it.

I have both and the only thing they have in common on me is they're both fairly light scents.

Dior Homme a bit more floral. I find the gourmand elements to very light.

Rochas Man a bit more gourmand.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 9th January 2010 at 07:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Rochas Man has a darker mocha vibe to it with a very VERY slight touch of citrus in the background. It doesn't really pound you in the head with heavy vanilla either. Dior Homme has more of a warming effect for me. It's also powdery sweet. Sorta girly. Both don't have mind numbing sillage unless you bathe in it though.

From what you described, I suggest Jacomo Silver (for men), which doesn't have the "lipstick accord" of DH, but is much more refined (and to me, wearable) than RM.

Thanks for the suggestions, so far I'm most interested in L'instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. Judging from the reviews, this could be the scent I'm looking for. I'd still want to try Rochas Man How well is Dior Homme Intense related to the original? I read that it has a woodier drydown, and that's not what I want. Jacomo and H.M. aren't available here.