Code of Conduct

Default Thought for the day.

Reformulation is the universe's way of punishing those who get too attached to material possessions.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Default Re: Thought for the day.

... or, if I may add, the ones who get too attached to fragrant delights

J'aime.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    Reformulation is the universe's way of punishing those who get too attached to material possessions.
    Hope this isn't true!

Oh, this is just the universe increasing entropy. I'm sure the original formulations will continue on in some other dimension.

The consumer should be aware that he or she may be the only entity in the universe, and therefore any perceived defects in product quality are the consumer's own fault.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Are there any truly successful, positive reformulations? It seems that most of the reformulations have a negative outcome, at least in the opinion of the connoisseurs.
    Last edited by Billy Budd; 30th January 2010 at 03:57 AM.

I'm loving Frederic Malle's French Lover!

- I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

The consumer should be aware that he or she may be the only entity in the universe, and therefore any perceived defects in product quality are the consumer's own fault.
    And solipsism strikes again!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Budd View Post
    Are there any truly successful, positive reformulations? It seems that most of the reformulations have a negative outcome, at least in the opinion of the connoisseurs.
    I find the modern Poison to be a mixed success. It initially shines more brilliantly and, to my nose, interestingly, than the vintage, but it lacks, the long, powerful, subtly animal drydown of the older version. It's almost as though the modern one flies a little too high and crashes.

And if you're really attached YOU get reformulated - reincarnated, that is - as a guy who wears only AXE, in overabundance of course. However all is not lost! You bust out your one bottle, your pride and joy, Acqua di Gio, on those "really special days."
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 30th January 2010 at 05:59 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Well I hope my attachments to material things is only a venial sin against the universe instead of a mortal one.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Molecules are material things. I eat, drink, breathe and smell of them. I'm made of them. I stand on them.
    It is the comodification of these molecular constructions to gain profit from another's work which causes reformulation.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 30th January 2010 at 08:14 AM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

A perfume is not exactly a material possession. The experience of smelling a perfume is what is important and trying to re-create an experience is a no win situation. In that sense reformulation is just the way the material world choses to remind us of the importance of a unique experience in time.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    A perfume is not exactly a material possession. The experience of smelling a perfume is what is important and trying to re-create an experience is a no win situation. In that sense reformulation is just the way the material world choses to remind us of the importance of a unique experience in time.
    I have to say that you have spoken my mind.

I suppose it can be like getting attached to material possessions in a certain way. But for me, I miss the things I cannot enjoy in the present. I miss going to school and getting along with all the kids. "Everyone" was nice. I miss just being able to call my friends and go play catch or "hang out"... When something is GONE, and you enjoyed it, you are gonna miss it. If I enjoy the sensation and beauty of a fragrance I have now and find out it will soon no longer be, then I will react ( with being upset, displaying words of dissapointment...etc, and most likely hoarding).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

There us neither punishment nor reward. Excrement happens and there just 'is'.
    Last edited by kbe; 30th January 2010 at 07:13 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell