Code of Conduct

Default Terre d'Hermès vs. Montale Red Veteyver

Hello, I was wondering, If one had A choice between Terre d'Hermès and Montale Red Veteyver what would one choose? And Why?

Default Re: Terre d'Hermès vs. Montale Red Veteyver

I cannot choose between Red Vetyver and Terre d'Hermes Parfum. I just can't do it. They are both special enough for me to own both in a a wardrobe of 10 fragrances.
    I would take Red Vetyver over the Terre EDT, but the Pure Parfum is just as special as Red Vetyver. I find Red Vetyver more resinous and sweeter, with a healthy dose of pepper. TdH Parfum is woodier and showcases a flint note, and mossy tones that I don't perceive at all in Red Vetyver.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 14th January 2010 at 06:54 PM.

Im actually wearing both on each arm right now and it seems at least to me that the TDH is A lot stonger than the Rv, Im asking for opnions because I just got A sample of RV, And I was thinking to ither commit to another bottle of TDH or trying somthing totally different, Thanks Jock with Scents for your response!

The Red Vetyver is subtle at first, but as time goes by it gets increasingly stronger, at least in my experience. You are tempted to continue applying Red Vetyver at first, but that can be a big mistake 2 hours later. I learned the hard way. I also found that Red Vetyver works alot better sprayed than dabbed. Are you wearing the Edt of Terre or the Pure Parfum?

I like them both, but if I were forced to choose, I'd pick Montale Red Vetyver. Seems to me to be stronger.

Sur la Plage

Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I have both but for some reason I like the EDT better, But at this time I am wearing the EDT, Im having my mother in law smell each arm as time elapses, And to her she stating that they are equally nice, and that she would also purchase the RV so now it seem I just may commit to A bottle do you have any idea where I could get one on the cheap?

Thanks everyone who is chiming in so far, I do appreciate it!

Tdh edt is going to seem stronger than Red Vetyver at first. It is much more diffusive out of the gate than Red Vetyver. Red Vetyver slowly grows and warms on your skin....smolders I guess you could say.

I bought Red Vetyver at luckyscent.com, but you may be able to get it a little cheaper from theperfumeshoppe.com. It is Vancouver Canada. A small bottle (1.7) will last you several years though and is more than enough; that is unless you just like to get large bottles.

I just bought Black Aoud A year ago and It still seems like I could have it for A year or two more, So I think I will take the plunge And buy 1.7 Thanks JWS!
    Last edited by ANGIESDOEBOY; 14th January 2010 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGIESDOEBOY View Post
    I just bought Black Aoud A year ago and It still seems like I could have it for A year or two more, So I think I will take the plunge And buy 1.7 Thanks JWS!
    You are welcome. Enjoy! RV is a really special fragrance IMO.

Hello anyone what is the US exchage rate for Canada CAD$90.00

I usually go to google for a quick quote on currency conversion. Just search for "90cad to usd" (without the quotes of course).

I think 90cad is currently converted to 87 usd

TdH EdT is what I prefer, but I wouldn't mind wearing RV once in awhile.

Yes I found currency exchange.com 87.00 us dollars just ordered the 1.7 from the really nice lady at the perfumeshoppe altogether $97.00 dollars not bad for somthing that last this long!

The RV is really begining to open up on me im really enjoying the progress! This is some really good stuff!

For conversion, I prefer XE.com.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Thanks mtgproxo5 I will add this to favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGIESDOEBOY View Post
    Thanks mtgproxo5 I will add this to favorites.
    No prob man. I assume you spoke with the owner of perfumeshoppe, Naz? If so, I agree she's really really nice.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Yes I did what A really nice lady! She said she would really like to start getting her name out here on basenotes.