Code of Conduct

Default PSA: Haiti Disaster Appeal

For those of you that are able to do so, please think about sparing something for the people of Haiti.

If you wish to help, there are some links to charities on the BBC and Google.

Please also read this piece on avoiding charity scams too.

best

Default Re: PSA: Haiti Disaster Appeal

Thanks again Grant, for posting links so people can help. Cheers!!!! to you.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 14th January 2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

I strongly recommend giving to Doctors Without Borders. They are a reputable, efficient charity, a wonderful group of people, who were already established in Haiti helping the needy there before the earthquake happened. I understand three of their facilities were destroyed in the quake.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    I strongly recommend giving to Doctors Without Borders. They are a reputable, efficient charity, a wonderful group of people, who were already established in Haiti helping the needy there before the earthquake happened. I understand three of their facilities were destroyed in the quake.
    I can absolutely second this recommendation.

Thank you for posting this thread, Grant.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Here is another site that might assist in deciding how/where to donate:
    http://www.charitywatch.org/hottopics/Haiti.html

This webpage on the American Institue of Philanthropy lists a number of organizations that are providing relief AND are rated highest in percentage of dollars going to programs (as opposed to administration and fund raising).

PLEASE DONATE NOW!
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

For anybody who works for a medium to large corporation, please check with corporate giving. My company has announced that they will match any employee donations to Red Cross for the Haiti Disaster.