Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Play Intense

Any of you actually bought a bottle? I have been wearing a couple of sample given to me and ... surprisingly I went from not caring at all to enjoying it for what it is. Very synthetic but yet nice... there are some tar or plastic notes that are quite original and sublet. Not a bad offer from Givenchy , a house that has nothing that I really like until now.
    (the fact that Justing Timberlake is the fragrance image was an instant NO, I am such a prejudice! ).Any comments?

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Default Re: Givenchy Play Intense

I like it but not enough to buy a full bottle. Synthetic and hardly original, reminds me of Armani Code. The concept of 'Play' with Timberlake as the face, plus that mp3 player bottle design, is just oh-so-tacky. But I wouldn't mind a 5ml decant.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 15th January 2010 at 09:19 AM.

I like it but find it a bit too linear. I think Armani Diamonds does something similar and I enjoy that more as it gets far woodier on my skin, with a slight smokey roast coffee note.

I actually like Play better than Play Intense as it has more evolution and is actually woodier in the drydown. The amyris wood is really prominent in the drydown of play. I might have to get a decant of Play Intense though as it makes my girlfriend absolutely swoon. It, by far, has the most pronounced effect on her.

edit: just wanted to add that I love the way both Play and Play Intense diffuse. They are both that type of scent that create an aura around you, and neither comes off as ostensibly perfumey to me. I think the way their sillage behaves really sets them apart from a lot of mainstream offerings.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 15th January 2010 at 10:02 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

I think Play Intense is a decent offering. My partner really likes it a lot - and it does smell really good on him. IMO it is infinitely better than Play - blah.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 15th January 2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I own a 3.4 oz bottle of Play Intense. I love wearing this. My only wish is that I could wear it more often. There just aren't enough days in the week to experience all the fragrances that i wnat to wear.

I own a small bottle of Givenchy Play Intense and find it to be quite enjoyable to wear. Marketing and bottle aside, I think it is a very nice designer offering. Everyone that has encountered it on me, has commented favorably about it.

I got a large bottle of this as a gift and I like it all right but the Mrs. isn't fond of it so it's going right into the vault.

its has a pretty good scent to it although with the first whiff it reminded me of dr.pepper

longevity is 4 hours max. on me. I wont buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    longevity is 4 hours max. on me. I wont buy it.
    That sucks. I get too much from it. Even after a shower and all day wear, the patchouli and tonka remain.

Play intense is a really nice frag, though that tar note is not soothing to me, but I can get over it...

I like it until the base notes... Once it gets there it sort of disintegrates into nothing...

Basenotes Institution

I'm with KMF, the base notes were a deal breaker for me.

It's on my WANTED list. I could have purchased it today, but I chose instead to go for Bogart Pour Homme and Perry Ellis Men (2008). The Play Intense was SUPPOSED to be my next purchase, but I got a great deal on these two, so I had to delay the Play. The Intense is defientely better than the regular play, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I think Play Intense is a decent offering. My partner really likes it a lot - and it does smell really good on him. IMO it is infinitely better than Play - blah.
    how do you compare it to rochas man?

Bought a bottle a little over a month ago and really enjoy it. IMO, it's a great, casual any-day kind of winter fragrance. I like the coffee note in it too. It's a sweet fragrance, but I don't think its overly sweet. And it's subtle enough to wear to work so I get a lot of use out of it. Lots of compliments too!