Code of Conduct

Default Is Chêne a subset of Chypre Rouge?

Is Chypre Rouge the "ladies night" version of Chêne?

I looked at reviews on here and MUA and only one there um or maybe 2, remarked on the similarity.

Of course a man could wear either. The funny thing is that with this 15 ml I just got of CR after a couple of wearings I thought about wearing Chêne with it but then realized wait it's already in there, I think.

I like them both and Chêne layers well with a lot of sweet fragrances.

Default Re: Is Chêne a subset of Chypre Rouge?

I just bought Chene a couple weeks ago. I love it! I do tree work and I can tell you, that is an accurate depiction of oak. I've never smelled Chypre Rouge, but by reading the reviews, I'd gather Chene is no where near as sweet. I actually fine Chene very dry; with a rustic charm all it's own. It holds no glamour, or romantic connotations of exotic, spice filled fantasies of far away places or warm nights in guilded luxury. I find Chene to be more of a realist.

I haven't noticed any similarities. Chene is extremely dry for an SL fragrance. It layers perfectly with Daim Blond.

Basenotes Institution

No

I don't find them similar.

dunno about chene...but Daim Blond sure reminds me of chypre rouge...

SmellChaser
    Blog Entries

I don't find them to be similar.

Nonono. Chypre Rouge is a bad joke. Chêne is a remarkably bare-boned woody oriental.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams