Code of Conduct

Default "toilet water" YSL, Creed

It's been forever since I smelled KOUROS, once, a wee bit, and scrubbed it, horrified.

Don't I remember reading that CREED ORANGE SPICE is the "creed version" of kouros? I sprayed some on a card yesterday and it smelled very pleasant, nothing like I remember from my very short lived Kouros experience...

Now the Creed that REALLY smells like a men's john, and not even a clean one is CYPRES-MUSC. Ye gods! I don't know which came first, CM - which was created in 1948 - or the expression "tearoom" (to mean a men's public lavatory), but I have never smelled anything so "eau de chambre de té" as Creed Cypres Musc.
    Last edited by asingleman; 16th January 2010 at 07:44 AM.

Default Re: "toilet water" YSL, Creed

WoW! haha, I think alot of people assume that Kouros is associative with toilet water..that was my first anticipation aswell..did not like it at all! though after three days, I picked up another blotter and..WOW! a tottally different perception! It is, for me, all about the application. Light spritz work well for the people whom usually loath it's urinal-like scent. Though for me, heavy sprays are fine

Just try it again..that "urinal cake " smell you mention is sometimes just your nose getting used to this redolence!

Great Stuff

Cheers and take care!

- Balava
    Last edited by Balavassassin; 16th January 2010 at 08:33 AM.
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Guys, it's not urine. It's urinal cake!
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I know...just thought you'd all assess that anyway..:P
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I don't think orange spice smells the least like urine or urine cake. cypres musc smells like urine cake, urine, and every other abomination known to the gent's !

Iiiiiinteresting!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Hmph....nomenclature. Around here they're also referred to as urinal "mints." Odd, another description of something edible....Anyway, yes, kouros is evocative of the odeur of a men's room, the provenance of which is the urinal mint....or someone in there wearing kouros.

Which reminds of a joke I just heard......you're standing next to your buddy on the urinal wall and he tells you. "You must be French.....cuz 'You're a peein.'"
    Last edited by Duncan; 16th January 2010 at 04:05 PM.
    “Government big enough to supply
    everything you need is big enough
    to take everything you have.”
    Thomas Jefferson

LOL, Very Funny! You're a peein (European)

Quote Originally Posted by asingleman View Post
    Now the Creed that REALLY smells like a men's john, and not even a clean one is CYPRES-MUSC. Ye gods! I don't know which came first, CM - which was created in 1948 - or the expression "tearoom" (to mean a men's public lavatory), but I have never smelled anything so "eau de chambre de té" as Creed Cypres Musc.
    I assume you're talking about the opening accord in Cypres Musc. It is extremely astringent and almost medicinal. I guess you could say it smells like something you'd clean out a bathroom with at first. But after a half hour, the caustic notes fade away, and what is left is perhaps the woodiest smelling fragrance I have ever smelled. I'm a fan of Cypres Musc, as are many fans of pine and wood scents. Cypres Musc is worth giving another try. Just be patient with it.

Never really got the "pee" smell from Orange Spice, but I often thought, "this bottle must be old, there's something kind of 'off' about it." So I ordered a sample with another Creed purchase, and. . . same thing. I'm wondering - does Orange Spice get old, and kind of "off"? I like the idea of it, but I'm missing any real orange notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Guys, it's not urine. It's urinal cake!
    right, or "toilet mint" as some call them.
    Orange spice has the same note kouros has, only it has it's volume turned way down, and there is plenty of expensive traditional-citrus/neroli/spice-BARSOAP covering the note in the CREED.

I tried a spray of Creed Orange Spice last week at Nieman. I laughed out loud. At first spray, it is easy to think "Kouros? Is that you?" Tart. Sharp. Pungent.

So it's an Ewww de toilette?
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I remember cringing when I smelled Orange Spice for the first time. I remember asking the Creed SA "What is that opening note?" with what must have have been a look of obvious dislike. "Those are spices" she replied. what ever it is that is one pungent opening. That must have been about 2 years ago. I'm moved to dig up my sample and retest.

Here, I've been away for a while....some things never change: Kouros is still as polarizing a scent as ever!! LOL

Futami - The 'spices' in question may well be clove, and (I believe) nutmeg. Both, if I recall correctly, are in Orange Spice, and clove is definitely present in Kouros.

Love Orange Spice and, yes, there is definitely a strong similarity to Kouros.
    I prefer OS.