Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 17 January

Good morning!

Les Parfums de Rosine Rose Kashmirie for me.

Enjoy your Sunday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 17 January

Naked Honey - MAC

I'm in A*Men Pure Coffee.

Have a super Sunday!
    Last edited by Jasper; 17th January 2010 at 07:24 AM.

Dependent

Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday, ladies.

LOEWE
    Solo
    Notes: Lavender, Thyme, Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Pink Pepper.

Encre Noire - Lalique
    Wishlist is pointless.

The Sanctuary Classic edc. Have a mellow Sunday everybody!

PdN's Baladin.

Ohh, missed many of these again.

Charmes & Feuilles by TDC couple of days ago, then a day in Balahe (and at this time it seemed to be a super-amplified, boozy clove-bomb and I didn't enjoy it as much as usual) and for yesterday and today I've been in EL Pleasures Delight. I am missing L'instant Guerlain at the moment and sense a re-stock coming on. Have a sweet/honey-kick going on.

Today I was in the mood for something creamy and floral so I wore Tom Ford's Black Orchid Voile De Fleur, I'm not sure what it is but I always have a craving for ice cream when I wear this - it's just so creamy and sweet ♥
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Happy Birthday again, to inees -- we all sent your birthday wishes yesterday, with cakes and rock concerts in mind -- but turns out it is today! Never too much of a good thing, right?

Pierre's L'Oiseu de Nuit for me again. It is tantalizingly pretty soft gourmand amber.

It's turned a bit balmy so off to sit TWMAG in light and lovely 24, Faubourg Eau Délicate by Hermes, Citrus and roses - oh my! Many thanks to *Dora* for this intro!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Baghari, Robert Piguet
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Hello, birthday cuties...!

Brielle, I missed you, too ;-)

Last night, I wore Liz ' "Peace on Earth " - now Solstice- parfum to bed...
    Woody, warm, peaceful.
    Not sure what to wear today; maybe Venezia, with its plummy oriental splendor..B likes that one !

Kisses and hugs to you all;-)

Basenotes Plus

No 5 EDP. Words fail to describe how much I like this at the moment.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

After Evangeline talked yesterday about Philosykos, I was craving some... So that's what I'm wearing today...

Philosykos Notes
    fig tree leaves, wood, white cedar

Hey Baldufita - I'm suddenly finding myself wanting fig, too...but I can't find that sample of Rochas Absolu (that one sounds rich and figgy.) I've done a bit of research and have some good notes so I think I'm prepared for the next time I'm ordering samples. I'm pretty sure I've seen a fig thread here - I might have to resurrect that one.

In the meantime, all I had to do was see the words "L'Instant de Guerlain" and the deal is sealed. It seems I can't go for more than a few days without my golden honey/magnolia fix either, Nukapai. It makes me feel glorious on even the drabbest of days.

Fragrance conundrum.....all this fig talk is making crave figs after I'd already decided on Songes....but Jardin de Kerylos is calling. I'll need something very beautiful to help me through the potentially exhausting brunch we're about to have with my brother and his lunatic-al girlfriend. BNers, give me strength!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I am wearing Ambre Narguile and loving it in this chilly Philly drizzle. Back to NYC this afternoon.

Twolf: L'Oiseau is one of those fragrances that I am forever
    meaning to buy. It is so wearably lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Good luck with the brunch, Lovethescents! I'm thinking a mimosa or a bloody mary couldn't hurt, if there are any on the menu.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne Pour le Soir
    Notes include infusion of benzoin from Siam, Bulgarian and Iranian rose honey, incense absolute

Benzoin! I thought as much. In fact I'm getting a similarity to the wonderful Bois d'Armenie, only a little sweeter, with a more prominent rose note. And incense is always good. No wonder I'm loving this so.

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Yesterday the Sotd was Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba, one of my current favorites. Then in the evening tried PG Psychotrope, which I'm still trying to evaluate. Not the type of scent that I'm usually drawn to, but I think I may end up liking it anyway. This morning it'll be back to Cuir Cordoba to get me through the last day of the orchid show that I'm working as a vendor.

House triplet with Toalady and Therese this morning in Hermes Osmanthe Yunnan. Needed something light and easy (and beautiful) before I ruin it all with sunblock for my tennis later this AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Elly View Post
    Yesterday the Sotd was Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba, one of my current favorites. Then in the evening tried PG Psychotrope, which I'm still trying to evaluate. Not the type of scent that I'm usually drawn to, but I think I may end up liking it anyway. This morning it'll be back to Cuir Cordoba to get me through the last day of the orchid show that I'm working as a vendor.
    You will smell divine!! I'm trying to make a 5 ml decant last a lot longer than it should - I'm generally not a dainty dabber, so I really need a full bottle so I can create clouds of the stuff.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 17th January 2010 at 02:02 PM.

Cuir de Lancome.

Happy birthday Ines! I hope you are having a rocktastic day. Mwa!

I've been too busy to drop in and chat for a while, but I'm still enjoying my perfumes, fear not. And I think of you all often and wonder what you're up to and what's new, both in the world of perfume and the world of Basenotes.

For us, things are turning out pretty well. Small had a catastrophic debut in school last year and wound up a big mess. So we pulled her out and she started in her new bilingual private school 2 weeks ago. She is a new girl. She's gone from begging me not to make her go to school (last term in the old school) to telling me off for not getting her to school fast enough and crying when she has to go home from her new school. We are heaving a collective sigh of relief.

One other bit of news: when we went home for Xmas I called in to the Eurotunnel Duty Free shop to see if they still had any Vol de Nuit Evasion, which is the edt of Attrape Coeur. Sadly, they didn't have any and had no signs of getting any more in. The SA explained that she thought it was a limited edition and now it had stopped distribution. My guess is that its disappearance is connected to the demise of Attrape Coeur.

In other perfumery news, this time more personal, my tastes seem to have radically changed in recent months. I am forced to wonder if I may be starting the menopause or something, as it's as massive a change as when I was pregnant and suddenly found myself repulsed by cheese. (Which Small loathes, oddly enough.) I'm right off vanillas and sweeties and into oakmoss. Anyone who knows my tastes of old will be scratching their head at that news!
    Last edited by Wordbird; 17th January 2010 at 02:05 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Funny how a thread can inspire! I've been thinking about figs since reading posts yesterday! I'm wearing one that rogalal also enjoys -
    Fico di Amalfi, Blue Mediterraneo (Acqua di Parma)
    It just so happens my husband and lab/hound both like it too. Lucky me!
    Going out to breakfast for the husbands birthday celebration, then for a romp on the frozen beach at Dunes State Park - Lake Michigan. This is one of our most enjoyable activities - and really, Lake Michigan and it's beaches are what keep us living in the Midwest! The husband has also requested to see the movie Book of Eli, so we'll certainly squeeze that in before the day is done.
    Good wishes all ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My SotD...

A while back, Musse () sent me a decant of Vera Wang's Princess in a huge fairy scent-mother care package stuffed full of goodies. It turned out to be one of my favorite fragrances. I love its sweet cheerfulness, and I don't care if I'm too old for it.

It's good to hear from you, Wordbird! Happy New Year, and so glad to hear that Small is enjoying her new school.

I hope everyone is enjoying the day.

Oh, everyone smells so fantastic today !!

Taolady - 24, Faubourg Eau Delicate is one of my absolute favorites - truly gorgeous stuff.
    Antaeusintheair - You smell divine in Baghari!
    Evangeline - L'Instant is intoxicatingly beautiful !

My SotD is CdR. I think I may venture on to L'Instant this evening...

Wordbird - so nice to see you back and hear that all is well with darling girl.
    Last edited by pomander; 17th January 2010 at 03:18 PM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Beth Terry Creative Universe - Mare for a sunny day by the beach.

Notes include sea salt, avocado and ginger lily.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Welcome back, Wordie! We've missed you. So glad Small is enjoying school now, it is such a formative time of ones life.

Lovethescents, hope your brunch went well.

My SotD has been Amouage Homage.

Basenotes Plus

Wordbird, wonderful news about Small! Interesting about your preference shift. You may be correct about your reasoning.

Ubu, your day sounds delightful.

Everyone is smelling delightful.

I'm craving something "warm", that's usually amber but today I'm going for incense. Andy Taurer's Incense Rose.

Sofie & I are heading out to the art supply store for anime drawing pens. She's doing a sketch for her dad, since tomorrow is his birthday.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Following my fig kick, I'm sampling Nicolaï Fig Tea... Contrary to Philosykos, which is a green-fig kind of scent, I find Fig Tea more of a citrus scent, with a certain sweetness to it (if that makes sense!). I don't find it as dark as Luckyscents says this is, but rather fresh and sunny.

Fig Tea Notes
    figs, osmanthus, davana, tea

Good evening all Thank you all so much for all the birthday wishes yesterday! I had a great celebration with good food,nice wine,good friends and lots of good music. We went out to my favourite pub in the evening.Today I feel weird,though:P Oh...and sotd is Mitsouko parfum.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 17th January 2010 at 05:38 PM.

Out of town for the weekend, and already behind with all the goings on. Ines had a birthday yesterday, I believe? HAPPY BIRTHDAY to INES. And Wordbird is headed in a new scent direction? Love that oakmoss! Happy Birthday to Ubu's husband.

Wearing a drop of Chanel No. 19 edp -- this really is as different from the edt as so many of you have said it is -- and plotting how to spend the rest of my day. Take care, all.

Le Mome by Balmain

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Fumerie Turque today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger today....

Blog Entries

Shalimar EDP.

Earlier today, it was BPAL's Hetairae oil. I love this scent, elegant and yet unsettling in a good way.

Now, Chanel Number 5 EDP. I just love this scent, it's one of my regulars.

Have a great rest of the weekend, everyone!

OMG, it's absolutely balmy today - mid 50s in the middle of Jan!!!!! Busting out the spring scents - and influenced by the fig trend going on here. Evangeline mentioned somewhere about Delrae Bois de Paradis having a fig note - I have never smelled this elusive fie note in this fragrance. Now is the perfect weather to try this spring beauty. And I'm going to try to find the fig

So....SotE - Delrae Bois de Paradis.

SIP L'Invisible, which is how I have been on Basenotes lately...

Very bogged down at the moment editing a book and a pitch for it to send to publishers, plus involvement in a wouldbe writers' site called "Authonomy", which is a kind of self-adjudicating slush pile administered by Harper Collins. I have read and commented on excerpts from over twenty books, and my eyes are now on stalks!

Nice to hear you had a good birthday, Inees!

Good that Small is thriving in her new school, Wordbird. I am willing to bet that the menopause could be behind your changing perfume tastes - it is responsible for enough other major changes I'd say anything is possible!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Happy birthday weekend Ines!!

Welcome back Wordie, you were missed. I am glad Small is having a good time in school.
    Happy birthday to Mr. RHM too.

Inspired by another thread, and since I am going through my Guerlains, I am wearing Aqua Allegoria Lemon Fresca.
    Evenstar

For going to bed, YR Iris Noir... So rich!!!

The composition opens with notes of bergamot, coriander and carrot seed. In the heart of the perfume there is iris, while the base is made of Tonka bean, patchouli and styrax.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

AM Aramis Havana Reissue

PM Must de Cartier pour Homme
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hi all! Wordbird, I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is happy in her new school. Hooray! And Happy Birthday to all the celebrating husbands.

I'm wearing Mono di Orio's Jabu again today. What a lovely floral! Thanks again to you, Veuve! Going to pack the rest of the sample away for spring...

Narciso Rodrigeuz - Essence
    Last edited by missylee; 17th January 2010 at 11:59 PM.

M; Men (Masaki Matsushima)

Happy Birthday Ines.....I hope You had a Fantastic Day!!!
    Riverside Drive by Bond No.9
    Gary

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Sunday 17 January

Shalimar EDP.............during the day.

Mitsouko EDP.............evening.

Blog Entries

For the first day of a gourmet food trade show (fun, but exhausting), I wore Guerlain Cologne du 68.

I was all dressed up (which rarely happens), so I wanted something warm and elegant.

Side note: I met one of my customers face to face for the first time and he was wearing the most beautiful jasmine attar I've ever smelled. I was too embarrassed to ask what it was... Doh!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Today was an interesting side-by-side wearing of No.19 vintage and modern extraits. Both are beautiful, but it is remarkable how the vintage really does seem like a product of its time (mossy, dirty, pollen-y) while the modern seems "cleaned up" (sharp, more leathery, peppery, smoky). The modern seems much more "green", too, and not just because of the color of the juice

Blog Entries

AM out & about, lolita lempicka. PM climbing into bed, Tauer's incense rose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jtd