Code of Conduct

Default Smelled Beyonce Heat

Smelled Beyonce Heat a couple of days ago at Macy's.

Not too bad at all for a designer celebuscent... it starts out fruity, but not too sweet, and dries down to a warm spicy amber/woods. (I only spritzed it on a card, but the SAs said that it's real nice on skin.)

Anyone else seen it?
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Smelled Beyonce Heat

Hmmm, thanks for the info. Though I'll pass on this one..Will try out of curiosity though..but notes don't intrigue me much! thanks though
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Basenotes Institution

The NY Times reports on Beyonce's debut of Heat in NYC...

...Beyoncé acknowledged that this has been a big week from her — at Sunday’s Grammys, she picked up six awards, the most a female artist has ever garnered in one year. And you can bet she was wearing her new signature scent. “My husband was like, ‘You got six Grammys, and you smell good!’ and I was like, ‘It’s Heat!’ ”... Read the full blurb here: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ss/#more-56319

Basenotes Plus

I have it on right now...just a little spritz from visiting the Macy's counter. First of all, the bottle is very difficult to hold, very sharp edges. Definitely, not comfortable in the hand; best to put it down & depress the atomizer top.

The inspiration is evident in the neroli/tonka notes, that was nice but nothing original fragrance wise. HEAT is sweet, fruit/floral with a woody dry down. Period. It's okay, if you don't already own a fruity floral but the bottle is a huge deal breaker for me. I wouldn't use it because it's difficult & awkward.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Blog Entries

It hasn't reached Australian shores yet but from what I've heard around the place, this smells very similar to Queen by Queen Latifah.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    I have it on right now...just a little spritz from visiting the Macy's counter. First of all, the bottle is very difficult to hold, very sharp edges. Definitely, not comfortable in the hand; best to put it down & depress the atomizer top...

...It's okay, if you don't already own a fruity floral but the bottle is a huge deal breaker for me. I wouldn't use it because it's difficult & awkward.
    I see what you mean. It does resemble a candlestick. That you spray. WTF?

Eva Pasco

Interesting takes on the juice packin' heat...doesn't sound unique, but one of those scents which could blend in the crowd.

Last edited by Aiona; 3rd December 2011 at 10:01 PM.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by blood-orange View Post
    It hasn't reached Australian shores yet but from what I've heard around the place, this smells very similar to Queen by Queen Latifah.
    I love Heat's bottle, but QbyQL is the better scent. They are indeed similar.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

I tried it and found it so sweet I was sure my pancreas would explode if I took another sniff...