Code of Conduct

Default Maison Martin Margiela - Amazing site detailing the making of the perfume. Amazing PICS!!!!

http://coutequecoute.blogspot.com/20...-untitled.html

Make sure to click on each ling on the bottom of the page detailing the process.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 18th January 2010 at 10:21 PM.

Default Re: Maison Martin Margiela - Amazing site detailing the making of the perfume. Amazing PICS!!!!

Wow, thanks - what a great blog. Working my way through it.
    I wish the strobe intro wouldn't keep starting over with each page.

Default Re: Maison Martin Margiela - Amazing site detailing the making of the perfume. Amazing PICS!!!!

Beautiful site isn't it? The strobe page is only on the first intro page. When you start going into the other pages it is only pictures.

I like the idea of the use of Lentiscus resinoid which is also know as Mastic where I come from. I am from the middle east (Egypt) and my mom, grandma and older family members always chew Mastic as it is a gum that is widely used in the middle east and Mediterranean area. Its definitely an acquired taste. Its starts off crunchy and dry but the more you chew it the more it becomes like gum. Here is more info on it via a Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastic
    Last edited by cairomerta; 18th January 2010 at 10:56 PM.

It has already been mentioned in another thread how much the bottle resembles Sous Le Vent. MMM Untitled's bottle/packaging creator, Fabien Baron, surely is aware of the Guerlain bottle's existence. What makes it even odder is the fact that Sous le Vent is also a very green fragrance, centered around galbanum.

I wonder if there will be any copyright infringement fuss made by Guerlain/LVMH? Initially I felt that such a boldly original house as MMM would surely have chosen something a bit more unique, but, after some thought, I'm thinking that perhaps it is an intentional deconstruction of/tribute to Sous Le Vent.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 19th January 2010 at 04:17 AM.

I agree. The bottle is very similar but I love the look of the bottle. What I like too is the fact that this line is supposed to come in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml. With all the hype they are putting out for this fragrance, i hope it does not fall flat. I mean, there is a lot of talk about MMM being involve din this and its supposed to be something special because he took a personal role in it. If ends up being a generic green scent than I will surly be disappointed.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 19th January 2010 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    I mean, there is a lot of talk about MMM being involve din this and its supposed to be something special because he took a personal role in it. If ends up being a generic green scent than I will surly be disappointed.
    How can they go wrong with a big dose of galbanum? Fingers crossed.

Basenotes Institution

There's a MMM boutique in the Village, isn't there Ruggles?

I'm too distracted by the topless model to look at the perfume!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    There's a MMM boutique in the Village, isn't there Ruggles?
    Yes, there is. It's very close, in spirit, to MMM's Palais Royale boutique - alot of white paint and unfinished plywood.
    I find this fragrance project, with the apothecary jar references, to be very 90s, Helmut Lang-ish.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 19th January 2010 at 04:24 AM.

Many thanks for the link! Can't wait to try this one.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

This is now available form the Collette website for purchase

http://www.colette.fr/#/eshop/articl...-margiela/196/

Thank You for the info Cairomerta.....This is one that I'll be looking at this year for sure.....Thanks again!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    How can they go wrong with a big dose of galbanum? Fingers crossed.
    I would agree if it was Galbanum. I'm doubting it's Galbanum. The nose behind it (Daniella Andrier) is the wife of Givaudan CEO, Gilles Andrier, and she's likely using a big dose of Givaudan's new "better than Galbanum" SPIROGALBANONE in this new scent. i smelled it, it sucks in a most plasticy way. (spirogalbanone that is)

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I would agree if it was Galbanum. I'm doubting it's Galbanum. The nose behind it (Daniella Andrier) is the wife of Givaudan CEO, Gilles Andrier, and she's likely using a big dose of Givaudan's new "better than Galbanum" SPIROGALBANONE in this new scent. i smelled it, it sucks in a most plasticy way. (spirogalbanone that is)
    Nepotism is alive and well in the fragrance industry! What a name, spirogalbanone, sounds like an algae based zabaione!

"a hint of craftsmanship" MMM clothing is so boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post

So has anyone smelled this one?

I got a sample of this yesterday from a hip store. There's a sharp, almost sour green opening which quickly calms down and softens to reveal what smells like discrete orange blossoms and jasmine, along with some musk and warm woods. Low-key, pleasant and clean, bordering on soapy, without getting boring or clinical. Lasts a few short hours as a skin scent.