Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please recommend me 5 scents for daily wear (aquatics, desginers only)

im on a designer kick off late...recently puchased Polo Explorer, Kouros Cologne Sport and Black jeans after sampling them... tried most from Hugo line and really liked Hugo. sampled most from kenzo..Leau par was ok..probably i should've tested it on skin....of wht i sampled from givenchy, play was well...meh.. didnt mind Insense Ultramarine... from Dior, they unfortunately ran out of testers for dior homme cologne...tried sport which was ok..not bad.

of the lot, i really liked Polo Explorer.. i approached this scent with total disinterest. in my mind, i was darn sure it's gonna be a dud...but what a pleasant surprise. i can vouch for this scent & recommend each to sample this. this one's a spicy green aquatic. now, how often do you hear this combination?

So, here i am, submitting myself to you folks. Please recommend some aquatic scents with a twist. i would prefer to hear recommendations from folks who have used the scents they recommend a good number of times...(ideal situation would be that they have finished off with their bottle)

p.s. no orientals
    Last edited by jenson; 19th January 2010 at 04:28 PM.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please recommend me 5 scents for daily wear (aquatics, desginers only)

Jil Sander Sun Men is a 125ml bottle I have finished 2 times over. A very luminous aquatic.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please recommend me 5 scents for daily wear (aquatics, desginers only)

Hugh Parsons (Blue)
    Aramis New West for Men
    Guy Laroche Horizon
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly 'aquatic' but still a fresh fougere - Joop! Nightflight is really pleasantly fresh, lemon, pinapple, sandalwood and almonds all mixed up. Somewhat similar to Cool Water but much more interesting, with the same clean feeling as Infusion d'Homme. And yes I've finished a 125ml bottle!
    Last edited by Anthony87; 19th January 2010 at 02:01 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, it feels really awkward providing recommendations to someone with your experience, but I've built my entire wardrobe on these type of frags so here goes:

1) No designer everyday/aquatic collection should be without Bvlgari Aqva.
    2) Versace PH
    3) Give L'eau par Kenzo time. I expect it will grow on you. It did me. I wasn't sure about it the first couple of times I wore it, but I love it more and more every time I wear it.
    4) Gendarme. The ultimate clean scent. I have the edt, but have heard the edp version is even better.
    5) Bvlgari PH, Extreme, or Soir. I like PH, with the other two being too cloying on me. But others prefer Extreme or Soir.
    6) L'eau D'Issey
    6) Ineke Derring-Do. Ok, not a designer, but this is really growing on me. Water ("rain") and light floral. If pure, clean water had a scent this is it.

On a side note, don't be surprised if you grow to dislike Hugo. I liked it at first, because of the top notes. But after they are gone, the rest IMO is just plain aweful.

And BTW, your review of 212 Men has me wanting to try it.

Also, I saw a Kouros Cologne Sport tester today, and almost tried it. What do you think of it?

Givenchy Blue.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Lanvin's Oxygene Homme is good if you like juniper. It smells a lot like a gin and tonic.

Old Spice Signature (labeled OS Signature) is an interesting marine scent with a slightly seaweedy, marine heart. Interesting and cheap. Seems to be a love or hate frag.

edit: Oh yes, be sure to check out Versace PH. My favorite designer 'aquatic' by far (although it's actually more of an aromatic woody scent, tbh)
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 19th January 2010 at 04:43 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favourite designer aquatic is Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude.

Although not an aquatic, Solo Loewe would be a designer frag I would recommend to try if u haven't already.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Post Thanks / Like

Guys ! Thnx for the overwhelming response! the good news is all the mentioned here are available in India easily.

Quote Originally Posted by thgolfer View Post
    Also, I saw a Kouros Cologne Sport tester today, and almost tried it. What do you think of it?
    Cologne sport is a nice one. although i must admit, i just sampled it once along with other frags...i dont recollect it's drydown.. but, overall it's a nice fragrance for daily wear.
    Last edited by jenson; 19th January 2010 at 06:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Dunhill London
    2. Bulgari Aqua pour Homme
    3. Creed - Erolfa
    4. Aqua Velva Ice Blue - Williams
    5. Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours

Good Luck!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Post Thanks / Like

Rochas Aquaman
    Boss Elements Aqua
    Baldessarini del Mar
    Aqua di Roma Uomo
    Gianfranco Ferre Begamotto Marino - not exactly an aquatic, but the Mediterranean citrus notes are just amazing, very crisp and extremely fresh

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Seconds on

Silver Shadow Altitude
    Versace PH
    Nightflight
    Sun Men

All of those i enjoy very much!

Furthermore there are
    Versace Eau Fraiche
    Allure Edition Blanche (fresh albeit probably more of an oriental than an aquatic the citrus really kicks it off)
    Cool Water and CK One summer flankers (particularly Cool Summer, Sea Surf and Scent, Frozen, Summer FIzz)

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Cologne sport is a nice one. although i must admit, i just sampled it once along with other frags...i dont recollect it's drydown.. but, overall it's a nice fragrance for daily wear.
    Please let me know if you don't want to keep it. : )

Seconding:

Versace pour Homme
    Bergamotto Marino

I tried and liked to some extend:

Bvlgari Aqva
    Hugo Boss Hugo Elements
    Laura Biagotti Acqua Di Roma Uomo
    Versace PH
    Christian Dior Higher Energy

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude

I almost finish my 1st 1oz bottle of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey. But iirc you were the one who brought it to my attention...

Another one I like but no one else seems to is Ferragamo's Subtil pour Homme.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 19th January 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hugh Parsons Blue!!! Trust me.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

In no particular order

Bvlgari Aqua
    Hugo by Hugo Boss
    Kenzo PH
    Versace PH
    Davidoff Cool Water

Herrera Chic For Men

Bvlgari Aqva (of course)

Versace Man Eau Fraiche

Just going to throw one out there that I've never seen discussed here (not saying it hasn't been): True Religion. Lately, I've really enjoyed it.

Regards,
    Will Bennett

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I really want to comment but I can't honestly say I've ever really finished a bottle of a designer aquatic...I'm halfway through a bottle of Kenzo PH but I wouldn't recommend it as a daily because you'll want a day or two away from it after a while (good in the summer though).

I will warn you however that Subtil by Ferragamo is a try-before-you-buy scent. It's an aquatic but the sillage is loud, and on the wrong skin its nothing pleasant.

I've enjoyed sampling Nightflight, Chic, Versace PH, and Issey Miyake Intense.

Post Thanks / Like

lotsa good recommendations! i now know wht i need to sample the next time i visit a mall.. bulgari Aqua seems to be the top recommendation and yes, i remember i liked it a lot when i had sampled it long time back. didnt like Aqua marine though.

Subtil...isnt it a bit minty fresh? need to sample tht one and also versace ph along with many other good recommendations here.

Unfortunately, scent from Hugh Parsons arent available here as yet..

Post Thanks / Like

Hugh Parsons Blue
    New West
    Kouros Tattoo
    Kouros Fraicheur
    Gai Mattiolo Uomo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like I mentioned in my reply above, it was your review (along with the one by LiveJazz) that made me want to try 212 Men. I'm wearing it today, and I gotta tell you, you were right on the money. This stuff is pretty nice.

Obviously, I haven't gone through enough wearings to recommend it, but if you liked it that much when you wrote that review maybe you should check it out again. I could easily see this as an everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

thnx for the kind note diamondflame & thgolfer..i really appreciate it! Issey Bleue and 212 - i would buy these scents in a heartbeat! thnx for reminding me ! you know how confusing it gets once you login to basenotes :P
    Last edited by jenson; 19th January 2010 at 08:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

An other vote for;

Hugh Parsons Blue
    Givenchy Blue Label
    Rochas Aquaman

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Post Thanks / Like

Not specifically designer, but you also might want to try Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction for Men. If you can get past the packaging (just discard the box with the smarmy picture), you will find a very nice scent inside.

Halston Unbound For Men.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the pic . that bottle is sexy

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Spray; 21st January 2010 at 09:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Question...Great & helpful replies...only addition, I can't believe that Davidof'f's Cool Water was only mentioned once as far as I could see...Thnks 4 qustn & answrs...