Code of Conduct

Default Which fragrance makes you feel like you may offend someone with it?

Opium makes me self-conscious sometimes and I only use two sprays. One on the chest, and one on the wrist. I dab the wrist once on the neck.
    Last edited by Spray; 20th January 2010 at 09:11 AM.

Default Re: Which fragrance makes you feel like you may offend someone with it?

haha, Heavy Doses of antaeus gets my teenage mates skeptical about me..So I kinda low down on this shiz!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I've fallen in love with the original Fendi for women, but I must apply lightly if going out in public or I will probably be accused of chemical warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaSa View Post
    I've fallen in love with the original Fendi for women, but I must apply lightly if going out in public or I will probably be accused of chemical warfare.
    How lightly?

Cerutti 1881 Amber PH, in small quantities, it seems to be liked, but in large quantities it develops a musty-sweaty note.

Any of the powerscents I have, which are many, as I happen to love them... I only do two sprays then: one on throat level and another one on one of my wrists (then I rub them together).

I would be offended if people wear Kouros, haha.
    unico grande amore.

Kouros, Encre Noire, M7, Rive Gauche :/

Le Male and Fleur Du Male makes me feel really unconformable and self conscious.

I wore Musc Ravageur to class one day and this guy behind me was going "does anyone else smell that?" He didn't say if he liked or disliked whatever he was smelling but I was afraid to ask. Now if I want to wear MR (to class) I apply it very conservatively.

Kouros (which I love) and Yatagan (which I'm less sure about).
    Last edited by dareka; 20th January 2010 at 12:33 PM.

+1 Antaeus - still love it though!

I'm constantly cautious about over application of A*Men...

Kouros, Halzon Z-14, A-men,

Dependent

Samsara EDP. I use this in moderation.

Me? Offend? No way!
    (Still cautious with some frags like Bandit or Futur by Piguet)
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Black Aoud

It is just so loud, I am always worried that I am 'cologne guy'.

Ungaro II, Jicky, Mouchoir de Monsieur, Salvador Dali pour Homme, L'heur Bleu, Tabac Blond, Black Aoud, Musk Koublai Khan, are a few of the scents I have to be careful not to over-apply or I get self-conscious.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 20th January 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Basenotes Institution

My vintage Neroli by L'Occitane is an example of this, for me. It's so strong and so floral. It kind of explodes of your skin and radiates white floral accords in all directions (even 1 spray). My 10 ml decant will last me forever.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th January 2010 at 02:44 PM.

My son's mother in law hate's Santal Noble, and once made a comment about it at a family gathering. Of course I was wearing it at the time.Whenever I know I'm going to be around her I load up on it, and I mean load up.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Patou 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    My son's mother in law hate's Santal Noble, and once made a comment about it at a family gathering. Of course I was wearing it at the time.Whenever I know I'm going to be around her I load up on it, and I mean load up.
    That makes me wonder about your son's mother in law. Kind of like when someone doesn't like my dogs... they are totally suspect in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Opium makes me self-conscious sometimes and I only use two sprays. One on the chest, and one on the wrist. I dab the wrist once on the neck.
    Opium, exactly. I would wear it much more often, but it really makes me too self-conscious in public unless I am someplace where I don't know anyone. If I were in another culture or country where such scents were less exotic I would probably wear it a few times per week!

I am always afraid to wear Encre Noire or Knize Ten to work, lest I offend someone. I've had no complaints, though.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Givenchy Gentleman is the one I'm most self-conscious about, but I just make sure my application is light.

Lauder's Knowing EDP
    Mugler's Angel EDP

Yeah, no kidding about Opium. I got Opium EDP when I was just starting out. I like the smell, but couldn't wear it. Overpowering.
    Current Wardrobe (in no particular odor, HAHA!):

Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Silver Mountain Water, Creed Himalaya, Creed Tabarome, Aramis Havana, Bond No.9 Central Park, Trussardi Inside, Fahrenheit Absolute, Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme, Guerlain L'Instant Homme, David Beckham Signature, Cartier Declaration Essence, Azzaro Visit, Azzaro Silver-Black, Azzaro Pure Vetiver, Dunhill X-Centric, Perry Ellis Reserve, Armani Attitude, Armani Mania, Bvlgari Aqva, Jacomo Paradox Green, Canali Summer Night, Kouros Cologne Sport, Realm Men, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, St. Patrick, Cuba (Red, Green, Gold, Black, Grey, Brown, Maya), Opium Pour Homme EDP, Banana Republic Cordovan, Amouage Epic Man, J. Peterman 1902, Bogart City Tower.

Yeah, no kidding about Opium. I got Opium EDP when I was just starting out. I like the smell, but couldn't wear it. Overpowering.
    Current Wardrobe (in no particular odor, HAHA!):

Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Silver Mountain Water, Creed Himalaya, Creed Tabarome, Aramis Havana, Bond No.9 Central Park, Trussardi Inside, Fahrenheit Absolute, Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme, Guerlain L'Instant Homme, David Beckham Signature, Cartier Declaration Essence, Azzaro Visit, Azzaro Silver-Black, Azzaro Pure Vetiver, Dunhill X-Centric, Perry Ellis Reserve, Armani Attitude, Armani Mania, Bvlgari Aqva, Jacomo Paradox Green, Canali Summer Night, Kouros Cologne Sport, Realm Men, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, St. Patrick, Cuba (Red, Green, Gold, Black, Grey, Brown, Maya), Opium Pour Homme EDP, Banana Republic Cordovan, Amouage Epic Man, J. Peterman 1902, Bogart City Tower.

Michael Kors-Michael Kors
    So damn musky and leathery. yum to me, but to others I stink! I tell them, "Dont yuck my yum!"

Obsession for Men. Love it but I have to be careful how much I apply.
    ~Mark~

I know I have offended a couple of men wearing Opium (EDT).
    I could just tell by the way they reacted to me.
    On the other hand, there have been times that women were very attracted to the scent of Opium.
    The last year I have been wearing Opium (EDT) to work and I don't think I have offended anybody by doing so.
    I only wear the EDP when going out clubbing, or at home.

I was affraid of wearing M7 in public.
    It is just such an unusual scent (to me), that I thought it might be offensive to some but now that I have got to know it a little bit better I am not afraid to wear it out.
    I haven't had bad comments or dirty looks so I guess it doesn't offend people.
    The next one to try out is Knize Ten.
    I am not sure how this fragrance will go down with the fresh smelling crowd.

Kouros, but I love offending people with it.

The only fragrance in my collection that I have this concern about is Patchouli Patch. People really either love patchouly or hate it! I find this fragrance georgeous, however, and wear it often in cooler weather.

Tobacco Vanille, its certainly invasive enough to offend, but EVERYONE loves it.
    I think in my collection, the only offendor would be Creed Bois De Santal.
    It has a strong ambergris, almost civet-like note that could be very offensive until it dries a little.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    That makes me wonder about your son's mother in law. Kind of like when someone doesn't like my dogs... they are totally suspect in my book.
    I become suspect when someone likes to douse themselves in vanilla-y scent over the age of 15. JMHO, but too much vanilla is toxic.

I think Parfum d'Habit and also some leather scents like Aramis, Azuree (sillage monsters) make me aware that I am wearing scent.

mrclmind, I agree. Anyone who dislikes dogs, in my book, becomes suspect...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Kouros...but than again, the hell with anyone offended by it

Yatagan hasn't got much projection, i'm not really worried about wearing it. Le troisieme homme on the other hand can be pretty strong.
    Knize Ten !

Rochas Man. I only wear it early in the day and when the temp stays below 75. 2 sprays at the most.

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur. Someone told me they smelled onions once. It wasn't onions .
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Ajmal musk ghazelle!!!!

I just got tribute....and I think I could offend someone with this...its kinda gross
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

1. Infusion (2003) by Bombay Sapphire. I received a decant from a a good friend here. Good juice.

An excellent alternative to verbena for summer!
    Unless you get pulled over by a cop . . .

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Aqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by fjord View Post
    Aqua di Gio
    LOL are you serious? That's the most popular mainstream fragrance lol
    Maybe the someone who gets offended is you!

LOL are you serious? That's the most popular mainstream fragrance lol
    Maybe the someone who gets offended is you!
    true story, I sprayed myself with AdG in a store once and that made me feel self-conscious and uneasy. I know, it's just old snobbish me, thinking all mainstream is crap and all that
    Last edited by fjord; 21st January 2010 at 02:31 AM.

Sung Homme makes me a bit self conscious because it's such a powerhouse and smells very synthetic. Bijan Men is another one that can easily piss people off.

Blog Entries

Any gigantic female florals. Quelque Fleur Royalle, Poison, anything with giant tuberose. I just use a tiny tiny applications to keep them close to me.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Reflection Man because I think others might think ti simply too sweet and simple - simply because they only get a glimpse of it and don't get to enjoy its full development. That, and it's a powerhouse. Oh, one more strike against it is that a few people I know originally had a bit of an allergic reaction to it (i know orris root is a common allergen, I think it might be the problem here) Granted, it subsided after being exposed to it a few times, but strangers wouldn't have that luxury.

Fleur du Male is something I only tend to wear on spring or cooler summer days when I'm out and about and in more open spaces. I couldn't imagine wearing it to class or to an office or something, except perhaps with one spray or even less than that via dabbing.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 21st January 2010 at 04:41 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

A*Men, M7, Michael. Only wear those on the coldest days.

Felt a little funny when first re-visiting original Polo late last year, but got over that by drydown.

I've never been timid about Kouros though...

I dowsed myself in Hugo when I worked in a retirement home last year, but thankfully, the kitchen stunk more of corn beef and cabbage!

Haha! Great Choices everyone, So Musc Ravegear is a potent master ay?? awesome!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Sung Homme makes me a bit self conscious because it's such a powerhouse and smells very synthetic. Bijan Men is another one that can easily piss people off.
    That synthetic note bothers me a little also; but Shamu.......do you really think that the average person can detect that there is a "synthetic note" in your fragrance (Sung Homme)? I have been wearing Sung Homme quite a bit lately, and I have decided that although that "stale cigarette butt" synthetic note (which I happen to enjoy - as it is the "character-note" of this frag) is very evident to me, the average person (who is basically fragrance/note-ignorant) doesn't have a clue. What do you think, Basenoters???

Quote Originally Posted by ramtip View Post

I've never been timid about Kouros...
    Sometimes timidity is a good thing.