Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Acqua di Gio vs. Bulgari Aqua

I'm wondering why this hasn't been posted yet.. So what do you guys think? I only have an ADG so I don't have an impartial answer.

Default Re: Acqua di Gio vs. Bulgari Aqua

I own and use both (especially in summer).

masculinity: Aqva
    freshness: ADG
    longetivity: same (average)
    sillage: same
    price: Aqva (lower)

ADG is fresh, fruity, floral & sweet. It's more "good guy" fragrance.
    Aqva is citrusy, spicey and dark. It's more "bad guy" fragrance.

I dont know why but sometimes I hate Aqva on me and smell just pure mandarine. Sometimes its great and developing overtime. ADG is definitely sweeter than Aqva.

I use ADG when I want just pure, safe freshness. Aqva when I am in more mysterious or serious mood.
    Last edited by dreamer81; 19th January 2010 at 02:35 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I personally would go with Bulgari Aqua. I do not like Acqua di Gio or similar fragrances.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 20th January 2010 at 06:30 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I really enjoy Bvlgari Aqva more, mainly due to it's salty marine/oceanic notes which I find to be very interesting. AdG is still a pleasant aroma, but I find it just too common, and maybe even too fresh for it's own good.

Basenotes Plus

Of the two I would choose Aqua but ultimately would break open the piggy bank and get Creed Erolfa instead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    I really enjoy Bvlgari Aqva more, mainly due to it's salty marine/oceanic notes which I find to be very interesting. AdG is still a pleasant aroma, but I find it just too common, and maybe even too fresh for it's own good.
    I concur with everything warlandsboy said. I do like AdG, but it tends to have a dryer sheet like accord on me. Aqva is just amazing.

Bulgari Aqua for me!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I agree with Dreamer81. Although ADg is fresh and a all around fragrance I get a bitter note that annoys me. Aqua has a dark feel to it but is more adequate for cold weather.Just because I live in a warm climate I'll go with ADG, Aqua doesn't do much in warm environment.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    I agree with Dreamer81. Although ADg is fresh and a all around fragrance I get a bitter note that annoys me. Aqua has a dark feel to it but is more adequate for cold weather.Just because I live in a warm climate I'll go with ADG, Aqua doesn't do much in warm environment.
    IMO Aqua is an excellent choice for a warm climate. I live in Florida and it is perfect for the weather here.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

i agree with dreamer81, Aqva on random bad days smells totally weird, but on other days smell awesome.

Aqva is as "aquatic" as an aquatic fragrance can claim to be -- it is all about the raw smell of the ocean, dirty yet really charming.

ADG is all about its freshness -- the citrus, clean, safe scent that would probably not go wrong on most occasions.

I don't think I would be too sad if I never wore or smelled Bulgari Aqua again. I realize that AdG is rather
    commonplace by comparison, but I love the fresher aquatics more.

I suppose if you wanted to combine the freshness of AdG with the ocean notes of Aqua, you might
    consider something along the lines of Nautica Oceans.

Quote Originally Posted by manutdforever View Post
    i agree with dreamer81, Aqva on random bad days smells totally weird, but on other days smell awesome.
    Today is one of those weird days for me. I am on 6th hour and Aqva smells just like pure lemon on me. I hate it and want to get rid of it.

Bvlgari Aqua for me , much better longetivity on my skin and sillage especialy

I'm wearing Aqva today and it got very sour, definitely makes me think twice about ever purchasing it again
    Last edited by MrFragranceReview; 27th February 2010 at 07:53 AM.

Bulgari Aqua is not bad at all but ADG is way way better and both of them are so different from each other, comparing them is nonsense.
    Currently listening to: Blue - Sorry seems to be the hardest Word, Outlandish - Walou, MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS - PRIMADONNA
    Currently wearing: Opus V by Amouage

Our vote is for Acqua di Gio
    Perfumes.bg - Online store for discounted fragrances and cosmetics. Over 500 brands and 10,000 products

I prefer Bvlgari; ADG goes sour on my skin soon, and in my age group (college), ADG is far far more common. I'll usually put quality ahead of distinction, but its true: a lot of college men (mostly frat boys) wear Fierce, Curves, and ADG

Hi, I'm new here.

I had smelt AdG on a few people and it was quite pleasant. A little lemony and fresh, as people often mention. This has been years ago.

I found a decent deal on eBay one day, and jumped on it.

For some reason when I smell the AdG now (from my bottle), it smells almost exactly like the way Holister's store smells. Looks woodsy, almost like cardboard, but not in a bad way, lol. Its pretty good and my girlfriend loves it.

Is it possible that I have a fake or an old bottle? Am I just remembering it wrong? Has my nose changed?
    Last edited by Geikamir; 27th March 2010 at 11:04 AM.

I'd go with Bulgari Aqua, unless you dont mind smelling like so many others using Aqua Di Gio as well.

Blog Entries

Bulgari Aqua, hands down.