Code of Conduct

Default Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse Trilogy #3 Animale

I usually don't stop and chat with you ladies, but I've sampled something I would like to share with you.

Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse Trilogy #3 Animale:
    TUBEREUSE 3-ANIMALE (animal) oozes power and inner strength with a floral and tobacco leather scent that opens with a bath of fresh kumquat and neroli and leads into a strong combination of plum, herbs and dry grasses. Blond tobacco and Immortelle flower leave intense base notes that linger.

This is an extremely well blended perfume with high quality ingredients. Excellent lasting power with great sillage. It will remind you of some of the great perfumes from yesteryear. I will wear just about anything, but feel this one is so ultra femme, I'll just get a bottle for my Wife and spritz myself when I'm planning on spending the day at home.

This goes on "WOW" and stays "WOW" as it gently dries and drifts away slowly. The art of perfumery is still alive and well at Histoires de Parfums.

Default Re: Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse Trilogy #3 Animale

I'm super intrigued by this.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Dear God! This has ME written all over it! Thanks for the review

I eagerly await my samples ;0

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    I eagerly await my samples ;0
    Please do inform us of your finding

I can't wait to try this one! It sounds so very "me"...

Basenotes Plus

Sounds like another 'hurrah' for my favorite niche house.
    But I think I'll wait for Moulin Rouge 1889 before ordering the trilogy samples.

I tested all three of them last night at the same time, and #3 was definitely my favorite. I didn't get an animalic scent off of it, but definitely it smelled like something burning, which I liked. It was also pronounced "sexy" by the Mr. I'm definitely planning to order a decant of this one.

I tried #1 La Caprecieuse and #3 L'Animale last week at Henri Bendel in New York.

I preferred La Caprecieuse but L'Animale is the more adventurous of the two.

I've only tried #1 Caprecieuse among the triology and I was so impressed!
    The fragrance is really well-done, high quality and has characters, which I appreciate!
    Right now I'm tempted to try #3 Animale since it sounds interesting to me, wondering what I should pick for the 2 other frags (besides definitely Tubereuse Trilogy #3 Animale) so to fill in my 2nd "nomad kit". Any recommendations, pls?
    How does sunshine smell like?

Basenotes Plus

I got my Nomad Kit last year with Tubereuse #1, 1725 and Ambre 114. I did consider #3 Animale but was afraid I'd find fewer occasions to wear it.

As for recommendations, it depends on what your favorite notes are. For ladies I'd recommend 1889 Moulin Rouge, 1876 Mata Hari or one of my top picks from the house: 1969 Parfum Revolte.

I'm really fond of 1826, Eugénie de Montijo.

@diamondflame: I got my Nomad kit with Tubereuse #1; Ambre 114 and 1969 Parfum Revolte already (this one, to my surprise, smells fresh and sweet, a wee bit fruity. I don't get the warm fuzzy things from chocolate & coffee notes like I'd expected, or did my imagination fail? ;P Didn't like it that much at first but it quite grows on me). I'm considering 1876 Mata Hari, too, and 1889 Moulin Rouge (but as for this one, I'm pretty wary with the "lipstick note".)
    @matildaben: 1826 sounds nice, thanks! Now the options are more than 3 so I'm confused myself, haha.

Sur la Plage

I like this one, but wish it was more of an "animale".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

cute cute baby:

as an additional for the kit, I'd pick 1740, perhaps the most famous from the house. but the others are good too.

cacio

Basenotes Plus

Cute_cute_baby,
    Congrats on your Nomad! 1969 is indeed boozy fruity and sweet. Works best with a light application. I don't find it all that gourmand as the floral notes are very well blended with the coffee & white chocolate accords in the base. So your nose works just fine! And yeah, 1826 Eugénie de Montijo would be a good option too. Also try their Vert Pivoine. 1740 is good but quite risky as the immortelle note may be something of an acquired taste.

@Cacio: 1740 seems a little too masculine for me (patchouli coriander, cardamom), do you think so? but ohmygosh, there's labdanum listed in the basenotes (I'm looking for a nice labdanum scent and maybe this one?) Tell me more 'bout it if you don't mind!
    @ Diamondflame: I'm fine with immortelle note, I think. It's just I haven't found any frags that capture the immortelle perfectly yet.
    Thank you all a lot for the recommendations!!!

Re 1740, it's perfectly unisex. As Diamondflame was saying, the main note is immortelle, stressing especially the burnt sugar and caramel aspects. Here it is together with a touch of smooth leather. Very deep and durable. Relative to the other big immortelle fragrance I know of, Sables by Annick Goutal, it's a little more smokey and leathery. The patchouli is in the background, and I don't detect much cardamom or coriander. Again, the main notes are immortelle, caramelized sugar and suede leather. Recommended, but, as DF was saying, immortelle is always a little controversial, so blind buying is risky.

As usual with HdP, the name doesn't correspond to the perfume. 1740 is a smooth suede that has nothing to do with the Marquis de Sade. 1876 is a dandified, languid woody rose that bears no resemblance to Mata Hari. And, as you've seen, 1969 is a serene fruity rose with nothing remotely revolutionary.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    As usual with HdP, the name doesn't correspond to the perfume. 1740 is a smooth suede that has nothing to do with the Marquis de Sade. 1876 is a dandified, languid woody rose that bears no resemblance to Mata Hari. And, as you've seen, 1969 is a serene fruity rose with nothing remotely revolutionary.
    Using a lot of citrus for someone so sexy and revolutionary as Colette seems kind of incongruous, too.

Lol at your comments about the HdP frags' names!
    I have to agree with 1969, I was questioning myself when I spritzed some on my wrist
    "What is so revolutionary about this one that it's named Parfum Revolte?" Ha.
    To cacio, thank you so much for your description about 1740. I actually think it sounds complex and mysterious, which I tend to fall for!