Code of Conduct

Default Costume National - & The Scentimus

Today my bottle of Costume National Homme arrived and I could not wait to open it up and try it.

In taking off the cellophane wrapping I got a feeling of the gray rubberized box and thought to myself this is going to be unique! I pull out the bottle which is a highly polished and looks like a modern sculpture.

The cap is quirky and cheap and hard to grip to take off but I could not wait to try this. Well I gave a spritz on my wrist at that point was dumbfounded and had to put the bottle down on the table and walk away.

I sat on my leather couch scratched my head and looked over at the bottle sitting on the table – I could not believe it! What the f**k

Then it clicked on my slow brain - - - It’s a costume! It is fragrance in a costume!!!

Costume National – who is know for it’s quirks like having the models sit in the audience and have the photographers and guests walk down the runway instead…. just played such a stunt on us! They took a known fragrance and just re-dressed it in a costume and launched it to the world and gave a case of the emperor new clothes. I looked over back at the bottle and laughed my ass off mostly at myself to be taken in by this.

Costume National took Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme which is a lighter scent and revved up the notes making it EDP and just repackage it in a new bottle and even kept the jus the same color!

Wow!

Default Re: Costume National - & The Scentimus

another one i can scrap off the list

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    another one i can scrap off the list
    Dro, there have been MANY Basenoters who LOVED this stuff. I wouldn't make a decision based upon one members views, whether good OR bad.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Dro, there have been MANY Basenoters who LOVED this stuff. I wouldn't make a decision based upon one members views, whether good OR bad.
    yes you are right...that goes for all frags, but seeing this one could be the same as the Ferragamo one, i dont even see the point of checking this one out and plus, cant sample this one so i shouldve went with a full bottle if i wanted one

Sur la Plage

I know I smell fig in Salvatore Ferragamo PH - which I don't in Costume National Homme. So I don't see the similarity.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 20th January 2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've been wanting to test this as there have been quite a few members here who've nothing but good things to say about this.
    It would be interesting to read what other members, who own both these fragrances, have to say about the similarities between the two.

That sounds dissapointing. I love Costume National Intense (I don't think theres a better 'night-out' scent that I own) and was hoping to sample & be blown away by Homme.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Blog Entries

I'm one of the people here who reall like Homme. But I thought it was a lot like Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore, but with more other familiar bits thrown in. I don't think it's original at all, but what it does, it does better than the things it copies, in my opinion.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??