Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which fragrance do you spray the most at one sitting?

I tend to need more sprays of the Annick Goutals I like, especially Heure Exquise edt, Mandragore edt, and then eau d'Hadrien -- 4+. Any cologne - like Guerlain Eau Imperial, Eau de Guerlain, and even Chanel eau de Cologne deserve many sprays, 7+! And I like about 3-4 good sprays of YSL Cinema and Chanel No 5 Eau Premier as they are such sunny, happy fragrances.

Hermes Eau D'Orange Vert (not concentree) or any of that eau line like the Pamplemousse Rose
    Tom Ford Splits:Noir de Noir, Neroli Portofino, Lavender Palm, Plum Japonais, Champacca Absolute, Tobacco Vanille ONE LEFT: Italian Cypress, Patchouli Absolu, Amber Absolute, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Eau de Fleurs de Cedrat by Guerlain ... it never lasts long but it's so gorgeous.
    Last edited by vokuro08; 20th January 2010 at 07:56 PM.

Default Re: Which fragrance do you spray the most at one sitting? Which do you spray least?

Habit Rouge: 2 Sprays max
    Chanel No. 19: 19...
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Default Re: Which fragrance do you spray the most at one sitting? Which do you spray least?

creeds 5 sprays
    nasomatto duro a half spray
    ajmal musk ghazelle.....like dimitri said a pin prick
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Most Creed Erolfa
    Least Parfum d'Empire Wazamba

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    creeds 5 sprays
    nasomatto duro a half spray
    ajmal musk ghazelle.....like dimitri said a pin prick
    I read a post where one guy uses only one spray of GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    I spray Monsieur Balmain 8 times. 2 times on each side of the neck, and 2 on each wrist.

I spray Opium twice. One on the chest, and one on the wrist. Then I dab that wrist once on the neck.
    Spray, if you don't mind my asking, which Opium do you use or are referring to? so many of them going around...

Most: CK Be... at least 8 sprays with hot weather.

Least: Kouros... 1 distant spray to chest + 1 mist walkthrough = walking in heaven all day. More than that = go straight to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by fjord View Post
    Spray, if you don't mind my asking, which Opium do you use or are referring to? so many of them going around...
    I bought the original Opium for men EDT for CHEAP on Amazon. It's funny, I won't buy a fragrance if it's over $20-40 anymore. I think that there are so many great scents in that range that I will never get to try in two lifetimes.

I once wore 8 sprays of Grey Flannel and almost murdered Myself while I was dressing

Of what I regularly wear in my wardrobe, about eight to ten sprays of L'Eau Trois, one spray of Poison EdP, but I've worn everything from light colognes you can swim in to powerful oils where one drop is too much.

Blog Entries

Allure Blanche: 6 sprays. Inner elbows, both sides of the neck, 1 on the chest. Then 1 more on the shirt. I've only done this....2-3 times?

Geir Ness: When I used to wear this, 1-2 sprays and I'm good. Three sprays, I'm clearing the room with "The Power of Norway".

Most: Apres L'Ondee, Shiseido's Feminite du Bois (6 or so sprays)
    Least: Miel de Bois, Borneo 1834 (dab)

Dependent

Most all of my aquatics I do 10+ sprays. I'm spendin good money on this ish, I want to SMELL it. STuff like Dolce and Gabbanna pour homme, 2-4 sprays

Least: Nasomatos - 1 to chest
    Most: 5 1 lower chest, 1 upper chest, 1 one each pulse point below ears and one to the back of the neck. I use his method with mos of my scents.

Most: Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte. When I wear it, I bathe in it. Ten or fifteen sprays is not too much if I'm staying in and want to just enjoy the smell. I go through several bottles a year.

Average: six sprays. Two left wrist, three chest, one right wrist. Don't know how or why I began this convention.

Least: Musc Ravageur. One to my left wrist, one to the chest, and one to the right wrist. My skin soaks it up, but I am very wary of overapplication of this one.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

MOST
    - Millesime Imperial & Mugler Cologne (start off with 5 sprays, and reapply numerous times throughout the day via pocket atomizer.)

LEAST
    - A*Men (usually 1 spray to the chest, 2 if I'm going out on the town)
    - Aventus ( 1 for work, 2 for a night out )
    - Original Santal ( 1 work, 2 night out )

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I spray all my fragrances equally at 3 sprays.

Eau de Cologne Imperiale - 8+ times

Grey Flannel - 1-2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Balavassassin View Post
    I spray Azzaro PH atleast 7-8 times!

3 - Chest, sternum
    2 - One on either side of my shoulders
    2 - Neck
    1 - The Good Ole Fore Arm.
    I would never want to be within 100 meters of you.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Blog Entries

The most: Prada Amber Pour Homme, Spicebomb, Lalique White, and all aquas.
    Least: Angel Man, Narcisco Rodriguez for Him, Egoiste, Givenchy Gentleman

Power Where You Need It

Most: L'Eau De Tarocco, Vettiveru, Anbar, Jicky EDT, Eau De Guerlain...

Least: Onda Extrait, Tabac Blond Extrait, the JARs...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Most:
    Acqua Classica Borsari, 10-12 sprays of this
    4711, about a tablespoon at a time

Least:
    Guerlain Heritage EDT, 1-2 sprays
    Lauder JHL and Profumum Thundra, I don't use the screw-on atomizers for these because they are too strong! Instead I just dab from the bottle here and there.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

I spray everything the same amount of times... I'm a classic oversprayer

Strangely I spray everything about 5 times regardless of what it is. The lighter scents and those with lower durability catch my attention for use when I'm wanting something lighter or not as lasting on purpose. For example, during a busy work day when I am meeting with a mixed bag of groups of people I haven't met. It's just part of how I classify scents for time of day and day of week.
    "Whiff Guy" Argent
    http://whiffguy.blogspot.com

Most: Gendarme, Gendarme V, Mugler Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by ramtip View Post
    Most:
    Least: Kouros... 1 distant spray to chest + 1 mist walkthrough = walking in heaven all day. More than that = go straight to hell.
    +1. Kouros is great with not only few sprays, but distant sprays or walkthrough mist.

Sung Homme is another one I try to avoid spraying too directly on skin.

Another point is that atomizers vary. Some feebly cough out a delicate mist; others blast like a fire hose.
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Most: Vettiveru or Mugler cologne

Least: HSLE or any Montale
    Please visit my SALES thread! HERE
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel