Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration

Can anyone tell me if there is a big difference in sillage or longevity between the Haute Concentration and the regular Worth Pour Homme, or if they're completely different scents?

I have the regular Worth PH, and I love it - only problem is that it literally has NO SILLAGE on my skin after 10 minutes. I've tried dousing myself with it, sprayed in every different part of my body, but I can't even smell it on myself after ten minutes unless I have my nose pressed up against my skin. I get this same frustration with Eau Sauvage.

There aren't any reviews of this on BN, and I'm hoping someone can give me a comparison.

P.S. I have the new reformulated version (blue box, clear bottle), and I have no interest in seeking out the vintage stuff whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration

I hope you get a more informed opinion than mine, but I can make a brief comment. I have the regular Worth scent, and the Worth HC *soap*. The soap smells much more mossy and has a real leathery 'kick'. If the scent is like that, then it is more powerful than the basic Worth.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I hope you get a more informed opinion than mine, but I can make a brief comment. I have the regular Worth scent, and the Worth HC *soap*. The soap smells much more mossy and has a real leathery 'kick'. If the scent is like that, then it is more powerful than the basic Worth.
    Actually that is helpful, Odysseusm. If your soap is already stronger than the original EDT, then the HC of the EDT should definitely be stronger. I'm just hoping the HC captures the beauty of the original, only more concentrated.

P.S. Thanks for not telling me I need to get the "vintage" version and that the version I have stinks. I'm perfectly happy with the current version, poor sillage aside.

Greetings, Gentlemen.

I have both bottles of Worth pour Homme, the green eau de toilette and also the haute concentration, which came in a red and blue paisley box.

Of the two, the haute concentration is far superior in both scent and sillage.
    It is richer and more refined, and stays on for hours.

I find the re-formulated version in the blue box to be a big disappointment - this was after the British started making it, and, in all honesty, there is nothing I enjoy about their version; it's too dry and a bit sour. I'm quite irritated with the British company who now owns Parums Worth - they ruined one of my favorite scents!

I've just obtained some of the Haute Concentration, and it has impressive strength and longevity. It has a deep, masculine, leathery vibe. Really good stuff.
    Vintage Guerlain, Maître Parfumeur et Gantier, and other rare off-site sales.
    Frederic Malle, Guerlain, by Kilian, and Amouage splits.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Just won on auction an original Worth Pour Homme Haute concentration Bath and Shower Gel - Unbelievable stuff!

So rich and invigorating, even for a shower gel, this stuff is amazing! Nothing like the watered down shower gels of today,
    there's a very high concentration of the fragrance and it smells just like the EDT.

I'll definitely be looking for more!

I have Worth pour Homme Haute concentration.It is the most uncompromising leathery scent that I've ever tried.Longevity and projection are beyond average,on my skin-at least 8 hours.
    Suitable for the winter IMO.

I tried the orginal long ago and it did not impress. Recently, I obtained a few bottles of the HC version, and it's very good. I like it better than Cuiron because it feels more "natural." The lavender up top is well done, and made me realize that the lavender I dislike is the kind with tonka and geranium. That combination is usually over the top, quickly becoming irritating. HC is still around at good prices, so go ahead and grab a bottle now !

Sillage of HC is at least good but longevity is not, though it's still there hours later (or more) in a very subtle form, if that's what you want. I like it, though, because it allows me to wear a frag later in the day with no major influence on the other frag, as sometimes happens with stronger ones.

Wore this yesterday, first time in about two months. I'm writing up this post because of how much my impression has changed. This time, the non-leather notes seemed prominent. I'm not sure what the combination of notes is that does it, but there was a real "hairspray" accord. Unlike others, however, this was tolerable, and at times enjoyable. It did last a really long time, though, finally giving way to a more subtle and pleasant version of Z-14's drydown. The dry herbal qualities seemed to really dominate the leather this time around. Anyone think they know which notes create this hairspray-like effect? It wasn't the top notes, but it became strong in about 20 minutes or so.